Students Rioting in London.
27-01-2011, 20:08
|
#1291
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Manchester, UK
Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Posts: 9,699
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh
I bet he felt a dummy...... 
|
And I thought it would be:
|
|
|
27-01-2011, 21:44
|
#1292
|
|
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 69
Services: Premiere Collection
Posts: 45,056
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
It was originally going to be but I thought better of it.....
__________________
Thank you for calling the Abyss.
If you have called to scream, please press 1 to be transferred to the Void, or press 2 to begin your stare.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
|
|
|
28-01-2011, 08:36
|
#1293
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Open Prison, H.M.United Kingdom
Posts: 1,037
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
Big day tomorrow. Fees demo starts at Malet street (just near Russel square station) around noon. Anyone else coming?
|
|
|
28-01-2011, 09:09
|
#1294
|
|
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: North of Watford
Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Posts: 38,580
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
I expect these boys (and girls) will be there.
Have fun and try to behave.
|
|
|
28-01-2011, 10:15
|
#1295
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 16,324
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
I expect these boys (and girls) will be there.
|
She looks like trouble. she needs to calm down a bit.
|
|
|
28-01-2011, 10:22
|
#1296
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Glasgow
Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Posts: 9,158
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L
She looks like trouble. she needs to calm down a bit.
|
[Andy Gray]
She's just excited about being allowed out the kitchen for a day.
[/Andy Gray]
|
|
|
28-01-2011, 10:55
|
#1297
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Open Prison, H.M.United Kingdom
Posts: 1,037
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
I really hope I'm missing something here, I always thought foreign students had to pay their fees up front.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-pay-fees.html
I thought that was the point in having them here in the first place.
It seems we're funding eastern europeans tuition fees until they're earning £21K a year. My dear Lord...
---------- Post added at 11:55 ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L
She looks like trouble. she needs to calm down a bit.
|
She's just showing the protesters her "war face".*
*shameless "full metal jacket" reference
|
|
|
28-01-2011, 10:59
|
#1298
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Glasgow
Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Posts: 9,158
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkle
|
Non-EU students. One of my local colleges has a very high proportion of Chinese and Libyan students and by all accounts makes a fortune out of them.
|
|
|
28-01-2011, 11:03
|
#1299
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Open Prison, H.M.United Kingdom
Posts: 1,037
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
Non-EU students. One of my local colleges has a very high proportion of Chinese and Libyan students and by all accounts makes a fortune out of them.
|
Yes, the uni I used to attend is also now full of chinese students - and they bring in a fortune. I suspected it was probably just the eu nationals we're paying for, but still I think that's madness. When did we sign up to this? EU referendum anyone?
|
|
|
28-01-2011, 13:19
|
#1300
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 16,324
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkle
She's just showing the protesters her "war face".*
|
I can't work out whether she's shouting "Who are ya!" or "I'll have ya!"
|
|
|
28-01-2011, 15:01
|
#1301
|
|
common as muck
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Dirty Old Town
Posts: 3,564
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L
I can't work out whether she's shouting "Who are ya!" or "I'll have ya!"
|
More like "come and have a go if ya think ya hard enough!"
__________________
|
|
|
28-01-2011, 16:00
|
#1302
|
|
Grumpy Fecker
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Warrington
Age: 66
Services: Every Weekend
Posts: 17,104
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
So there is going to be another riot and attacks on public property tomorrow by a bunch of hooligans. Hope its dealt with quickly and with the necessary force if it gets ugly again. Lets face it we already know how it will turn out.
__________________
Do yourself a favour and ditch Microsoft and their Spyware infested OS
I am a happy Linux user
https://nobaraproject.org/
|
|
|
28-01-2011, 17:26
|
#1303
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Open Prison, H.M.United Kingdom
Posts: 1,037
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Have fun and try to behave. 
|
Now thats an oxymoron if I ever heard one, it's one or the other I'm afraid.
I'm kidding, any violence and I'll be headed in the other direction.
I'll be bringing this along should a comedy opportunity present itself:
Looks like the real thing, but as its inflatable it weighs only a few ounces.
If I chuck this off a rooftop, do you reckon I'll get 32 months?
Only one way to find out.
|
|
|
28-01-2011, 17:29
|
#1304
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV
XL Phone
30Mb Superhub
Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius
So there is going to be another riot and attacks on public property tomorrow by a bunch of hooligans. Hope its dealt with quickly and with the necessary force if it gets ugly again. Lets face it we already know how it will turn out.
|
If it gets out of hand as it no doubt will lets hope the Police go in hard and fast and remove the instigators quickly.
|
|
|
28-01-2011, 17:36
|
#1305
|
|
Grumpy Fecker
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Warrington
Age: 66
Services: Every Weekend
Posts: 17,104
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque
If it gets out of hand as it no doubt will lets hope the Police go in hard and fast and remove the instigators quickly.
|
They should be able to use these to stop the hooligans if it gets out of hand and public property is being damaged
__________________
Do yourself a favour and ditch Microsoft and their Spyware infested OS
I am a happy Linux user
https://nobaraproject.org/
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 16:19.
|