Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Recent: Very Poor Service

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Recent: Very Poor Service

Old 15-05-2006, 19:01   #1
Zee
Inactive

Services: BT Infinity Option 2, BT Talk Unlimited, Three PAYG, Giffgaff PAYG, Sky TV Entertainment Package
Zee has reached the bronze age
Zee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze age
Recent: Very Poor Service

Ok, i've been happy with my service from NTL, speeds were good on the 2MB service, i upgraded to 10MB, everything was going good, for a month now i had ben getting around 9Mbps on the 10MB service.

Now for a little over a week, the service has gone extreemly poor, getting around 2Mbps-5Mbps on speed tests, when surfing websites there is a small pause before it loads sites.

I have an NTL 120 Ambit modem

I'm in the HA8 9UB area.

Anyone getting anything simular lately?

Now, i'd be happy to get 6-8Mbps and even though i do pay less for the 10Mbps service compared to others, i still should be getting speeds better then 2-5Mbps
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-05-2006, 20:18   #2
__spc__
Inactive

Services: FreeSat, BT Infinity
__spc__ is on a distinguished road__spc__ is on a distinguished road
Re: Recent: Very Poor Service

Changed your Firewall settings lately? That sometimes can have a negative effect on network performance...
__spc__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2006, 20:54   #3
Zee
Inactive

Services: BT Infinity Option 2, BT Talk Unlimited, Three PAYG, Giffgaff PAYG, Sky TV Entertainment Package
Zee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze age

The only thing i did i think was disable the Windows Firewall & installed ZoneAlarm Firewall (Free edition)

Know what to do at all please?
Old 15-05-2006, 21:10   #4
__spc__
Inactive

Services: FreeSat, BT Infinity
__spc__ is on a distinguished road__spc__ is on a distinguished road

Sounds like a call to CS then... :-(
__spc__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2006, 21:14   #5
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Services: Canal Digital: 50/10
Druchii has a nice shiny star
Druchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny star

Zonealarm has been known to slow connections down, try disabling it and reenabling the windows firewall, in fact uninstall it and try a speedtest, you will be surprised.
Druchii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2006, 21:33   #6
Zee
Inactive

Saying that, i did a speed test on NTL Hell website, i disabled my ZoneAlarm (Shut down completly) with Windows firewall also disabled and got those results ... i was thinking it would have something to do with the 120 modem not being able to handle full 10MB speeds ...