Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Just Upgraded To 50MB Broadband As A VIP User

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Just Upgraded To 50MB Broadband As A VIP User

Old 03-08-2010, 17:02   #1
rainer
Inactive

rainer is an unknown quantity at this point
Just Upgraded To 50MB Broadband As A VIP User

Hi guys,

Ive just upgraded my broadband to 50MB as a ViP user. The lady on the phone said it will cost just £5 a month more and that my v box gets changed for another V+ box. Engineer coming Monday.

I didn't realise that when upgrading your broadband as a VIP customer they give you another V+ in exchange for the V box...
rainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-08-2010, 17:05   #2
Toto
Inactive

Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Re: Just Upgraded To 50MB Broadband As A VIP User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainer View Post
Hi guys,

Ive just upgraded my broadband to 50MB as a ViP user. The lady on the phone said it will cost just £5 a month more and that my v box gets changed for another V+ box. Engineer coming Monday.

I didn't realise that when upgrading your broadband as a VIP customer they give you another V+ in exchange for the V box...
A nice bonus yes?
Toto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 17:06   #3
rainer
Inactive

Yes a very nice bonus, just hope it is correct
Old 03-08-2010, 17:19   #4
Pauls9
Inactive

Services: VM TVM HD, BBL, phone; BT phone; Freeview.
Pauls9 has reached the bronze age
Pauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainer View Post
Yes a very nice bonus, just hope it is correct
You cynic - fancy doubting VM customer service. You haven't been reading posts on this forum, have you?

Pauls9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 17:28   #5
rainer
Inactive

And she took the £20 activation fee off aswell
Old 03-08-2010, 18:26   #6
jodash
Inactive

Services: Virgin VHDX1 Tivo X2 100mg B/B and Telephone (VIP) IPhone,Ipad
jodash is on a distinguished roadjodash is on a distinguished road

Im a VIP member and got quoted £35.00 to upgrade my 20MB to 50MB

jodash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 18:31   #7
Nero182
Inactive

Services: VM - VIP Package
Nero182 is an unknown quantity at this point

So wait let me understand this!

You paid £5 extra a month for an upgrade to 50 Meg plus to swap out your Normal V box for another V+ one!?!

Epic deal! Is this a one off?
Nero182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 18:37   #8
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

VIP is the V+ box, and the HD that goes with it.
Old 03-08-2010, 23:37   #9
rainer
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero182 View Post
So wait let me understand this!

You paid £5 extra a month for an upgrade to 50 Meg plus to swap out your Normal V box for another V+ one!?!

Epic deal! Is this a one off?
Yes that is correct. I dont know if it was a one off or not, but the lady i spoke to was very friendly.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:28   #10
websi7
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - TV. Phone and 20mb Broadband
websi7 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am on 20mb and considering 50mb I have been quotes £20 and £55 to upgrade which is right

I thought we were all VIP customer where is the different and what am I

I have a V+ box already but understand they swap the modem to go to 50mb anyhow. I am having wireless issues despite having a "super N Router" my office down the hall gets 1 bar signal.....
websi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:09   #11
janipewter
Inactive

Services: Sky HD Multiroom, VM XL Phone, VM XXL BB
janipewter is just really nicejanipewter is just really nicejanipewter is just really nicejanipewter is just really nicejanipewter is just really nicejanipewter is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to janipewter

If I cancel my account and put it in a different name at the same address would it be classed as a new customer? As I'm very tempted to go for the 50Mb if so, since I no longer get TV from Virgin and we are paying a stupid amount for XL phone and broadband.
janipewter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:12   #12
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by janipewter View Post
If I cancel my account and put it in a different name at the same address would it be classed as a new customer? As I'm very tempted to go for the 50Mb if so, since I no longer get TV from Virgin and we are paying a stupid amount for XL phone and broadband.
If you cancel yor account then no one at that property can sign up for 90 days, this was put in place to stop this kind of thing happening.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:18   #13
lowei
Inactive

Services: BT INFINITY sky hd
lowei has a spectacular aura about themlowei has a spectacular aura about themlowei has a spectacular aura about themlowei has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
If you cancel yor account then no one at that property can sign up for 90 days, this was put in place to stop this kind of thing happening.
So even if you have just moved in to property with previous owners who have had virgin you have to wait 90 days?????
lowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:18   #14
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
But that means VM are being proactive

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:19   #15
lowei
Inactive

Services: BT INFINITY sky hd
lowei has a spectacular aura about themlowei has a spectacular aura about themlowei has a spectacular aura about themlowei has a spectacular aura about them

I might cancel mine.Then put the account in my partners name
lowei is offline   Reply With Quote