Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Abysmal "customer support"

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Abysmal "customer support"

Old 29-09-2008, 13:28   #1
rossdagley
Inactive

Services: SkyHD (Sky World) VM BB XL VM TV XL (V+)
rossdagley has a spectacular aura about themrossdagley has a spectacular aura about themrossdagley has a spectacular aura about themrossdagley has a spectacular aura about them
Abysmal "customer support"

I think just figured out VM's master-plan method of keeping subscribers:

Phoned 150:

12:30 - navigate phone menu to "thinking of leaving" to get automated "the person you are calling is not signed in"

13:15 - navigate phone menu to "changes to package" - woman answers who asks for the landline number - I tell her I can't remember it (honestly cant!) as never use it, she sighs and hangs up.

13:20 - navigate phone menu to "thinking of leaving" again - same message.

So it would appear VM's customer retention plan is to simply cut-off anyone calling to cancel services.

Another nail in the VM coffin for me. Good riddance to bad rubbish. Looks like I'll have to write to you - I'm tempted to send the letter recorded delivery, but wonder whether there'll actually be anyone in the office to bother signing for the letter....
rossdagley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-09-2008, 13:34   #2
moaningmags
Inactive

Services: 20mb, Tv, Phone
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array
Re: Abysmal "customer support"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossdagley View Post

Phoned 150:

12:30 - navigate phone menu to "thinking of leaving" to get automated "the person you are calling is not signed in"

Sounds like an issue with their phone system.

13:15 - navigate phone menu to "changes to package" - woman answers who asks for the landline number - I tell her I can't remember it (honestly cant!) as never use it, she sighs and hangs up.

You never give out your home phone number or write it in when filling in forms?

13:20 - navigate phone menu to "thinking of leaving" again - same message.

So it would appear VM's customer retention plan is to simply cut-off anyone calling to cancel services.

Another nail in the VM coffin for me. Good riddance to bad rubbish. Looks like I'll have to write to you - I'm tempted to send the letter recorded delivery, but wonder whether there'll actually be anyone in the office to bother signing for the letter....
General Enquiries,
Virgin Media,
PO Box 333,
Matrix Court,
Swansea.
SA7 9ZJ

or

Complaints,
Virgin Media,
PO Box 333,
Matrix Court,
Swansea.
SA7 9ZJ

Or the complaint form found at:-
https://help2.virginmedia.com/assets...intformCZ.html
moaningmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2008, 13:38   #3
xspeedyx

Wow I wonder why I have to speak to customer and save them if this is the plan VM are taking
Old 29-09-2008, 14:12   #4
rossdagley
Inactive

rossdagley has a spectacular aura about themrossdagley has a spectacular aura about themrossdagley has a spectacular aura about themrossdagley has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthlinux View Post
Wow I wonder why I have to speak to customer and save them if this is the plan VM are taking
Clearly you dont - try answering the phone
Old 29-09-2008, 14:18   #5
fireman328
Inactive

fireman328 has reached the bronze age
fireman328 has reached the bronze agefireman328 has reached the bronze age

I usually do not put my telephone number on any forms or requests for my number as I found it attracted cold callers shortly afterwards.
fireman328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2008, 14:41   #6
moaningmags
Inactive

Services: 20mb, Tv, Phone
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman328 View Post
I usually do not put my telephone number on any forms or requests for my number as I found it attracted cold callers shortly afterwards.
The point I was making was that surely your own telephone number is something you give out, to friends, family, people you do business with such as utility companies, doctor, dentist etc.
Therefore it's something you know.
I have 4 daughters who have been able to rattle off address and phone number since the age of 2 or 3.
moaningmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2008, 14:54   #7
rossdagley
Inactive

I can rattle off about 20-30 different phone numbers I suspect. But I cant tell you my landline number as it's only purpose is to support either broadband and/or TV services.

Its free for me to make and receive nearly all types of call on my mobile (which I've had with the same provider for some 12 years now) - why would I remember a number I've never used? Why would anyone?
Old 29-09-2008, 15:22   #8
g0mit
George Bromfield

Services: virgin 500 bb phone xl sky Q
g0mit is an unknown quantity at this point

They sometimes use phone number to check there records and security
g0mit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2008, 17:07   #9
xspeedyx

I do and take pride in the service I supply

---------- Post added at 17:07 ---------- Previous post was at 17:06 ----------

Quote:
Clearly you dont - try answering the phone
Old 29-09-2008, 17:12   #10
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
What you're not realising is that they are too busy with people cancelling, and that is why you can't get through.
I've just heard on the news about a convoy going down the motorway. sounds like the extra staff are on their way!
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2008, 17:41   #11
xspeedyx

What you also have to realise is that most customer choose the wrong option just so they can through to someone
Old 29-09-2008, 18:35   #12
rossdagley
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthlinux View Post
What you also have to realise is that most customer choose the wrong option just so they can through to someone
I tried disconnections - no one manning the phones there (presumably - "not signed in" was the automated message).

I tried changes to packages (as technically leaving is a fundimental change to the package) - got the hang up from the girl who didn't want to help.

Perhaps give me a direct dial number for you and i'll comment first hand on your excellent customer service - until then, I can only comment on the service I've received from the other members of VM's team - crud service, crud customer "care" and lies from the very top to the bottom feeding poor souls who answer the phone and are paid a princly sum for passing on the BS the marketing department dreams up.

I'm still waiting for my fibre optic broadband connection. And when it arrives, I'll be expecting an unrestricted service too. Oh don't even get me started on the lies VM keep rolling out.

I may turn more than a little blue if I hold my breath though, I suspect...

---------- Post added at 18:35 ---------- Previous post was at 18:34 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
What you're not realising is that they are too busy with people cancelling, and that is why you can't get through.
I've just heard on the news about a convoy going down the motorway. sounds like the extra staff are on their way!
I thought that was rats leaving the ever sinking ship of VM?
Old 29-09-2008, 19:09   #13
xspeedyx

Quote:
I tried disconnections - no one manning the phones there (presumably - "not signed in" was the automated message).

I tried changes to packages (as technically leaving is a fundimental change to the package) - got the hang up from the girl who didn't want to help.

Perhaps give me a direct dial number for you and i'll comment first hand on your excellent customer service - until then, I can only comment on the service I've received from the other members of VM's team - crud service, crud customer "care" and lies from the very top to the bottom feeding poor souls who answer the phone and are paid a princly sum for passing on the BS the marketing department dreams up.

I'm still waiting for my fibre optic broadband connection. And when it arrives, I'll be expecting an unrestricted service too. Oh don't even get me started on the lies VM keep rolling out.

I may turn more than a little blue if I hold my breath though, I suspect...

---------- Post added at 18:35 ---------- Previous post was at 18:34 ----------

I thought that was rats leaving the ever sinking ship of VM?
Only really nice people get lil Darthy's special customer service lol (only kidding).
To be honest I am sorry you had so many problem
Old 29-09-2008, 20:23   #14
WHISTLED
Inactive

WHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of society

Quote:
Churn has never been better actually. Even Non pay is pretty good unlike the market model.

Quote:
As if a whole department including hundreds of normal Customer Care that are cross trained were all signed out.

Obviously a fault and by the sounds of it the IVR was trying to connect you to an individual extension not a hunt group. They took plenty of calls.
WHISTLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2008, 21:05   #15
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

Try dealing with National Express East Coast customer relations - then you'll realise what "abysmal support" really means...
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote