Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Modem swap

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Modem swap

Old 25-03-2008, 16:41   #1
blackthorn
cf.geek

blackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation era
Modem swap

First of all I`d like to thank the guys/gals on the virginmedia broadband support on the newsgroups for looking into my problem.
I only enquired this afternoon and theyve said they will send me a new modem out.
Question is, is it a matter of just literally swapping them over or is there some form of registering the new one ?
blackthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-03-2008, 17:18   #2
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Modem swap

The new modem may well need to be registered to your account. You would be directed to the provisioning screen on first connection
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2008, 18:03   #3
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Cerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of Quads

They will send a new modem out. Swap the old for the new and then give them a call to register it. That's what happened to me when they sent me a new one about 3 months ago.

Think it was tech I had to call, but they refunded the charge.
Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2008, 23:11   #4
whydoIneedatech

Services: VIRGIN MEDIA , 20 Mb BB, V+ Box, XL Phone and 2 Virgin Mobiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthorn View Post
First of all I`d like to thank the guys/gals on the virginmedia broadband support on the newsgroups for looking into my problem.
I only enquired this afternoon and theyve said they will send me a new modem out.
Question is, is it a matter of just literally swapping them over or is there some form of registering the new one ?
You are in the North West so EX-Telewest so you will receive a Scientific Atlanta Webstar EPC2100 which you just connect as per your existing modem then you ring Quickstart ( freefone )the number should be in the box and they will provision your modem onto the account enabling you to use it.
Old 26-03-2008, 00:21   #5
chickendippers
Inactive

Services: On-cable: TV-L, BB-L, Phone-M. Off-cable: Sky+ HD, Plusnet Unlimited.
chickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to chickendippers

I'm in the North West (The Wirral to be precise), we're ex-ntl and got a Ambit 255
chickendippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2008, 05:23   #6
blackthorn
cf.geek

blackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation era

Same area as chickendippers. The one its replacing is a Ntl home 200
blackthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2008, 09:00   #7
whydoIneedatech

Services: VIRGIN MEDIA , 20 Mb BB, V+ Box, XL Phone and 2 Virgin Mobiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickendippers View Post
I'm in the North West (The Wirral to be precise), we're ex-ntl and got a Ambit 255
Sorry wrong side of the Mersey, the 255 is one of EX-NTLs latest modems, so I am sure if Blackthorn gets one of those it should help.
Old 26-03-2008, 09:46   #8
on in an hour!
Inactive

Location: looking at a nice new scar in the tarmac outside my house!
Services: staff deal
on in an hour! has reached the bronze age
on in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickendippers View Post
you will be sent the all new ambit 256
on in an hour! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2008, 09:50   #9
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Quote:
Originally Posted by on in an hour! View Post
you will be sent the all new ambit 256
I've got one of those, seems good so far
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote