Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Ntl to reduce upload speed on 10mb

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Ntl to reduce upload speed on 10mb
Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 17:55   #1
geminian68
Inactive

Services: VM: V.I.P, 50mb.
geminian68 is a glorious beacon of lightgeminian68 is a glorious beacon of lightgeminian68 is a glorious beacon of lightgeminian68 is a glorious beacon of lightgeminian68 is a glorious beacon of lightgeminian68 is a glorious beacon of lightgeminian68 is a glorious beacon of light
Ntl to reduce upload speed on 10mb

I saw this on the other site, and if it is true and not just a typo, it seems pointless to continue paying £34.99 for the same upload as the 4mb tier

http://home.ntl.com/websales/product.do?id=3264

2Mb broadband
Upload Speed (Kbps) 256

4Mb broadband
Upload Speed (Kbps) 384

10Mb broadband
Upload Speed (Kbps) 384
Advertisement
Old 08-12-2006, 18:01   #2
The Jackal
Inactive

The Jackal has a bronzed appealThe Jackal has a bronzed appeal
The Jackal has a bronzed appealThe Jackal has a bronzed appealThe Jackal has a bronzed appealThe Jackal has a bronzed appealThe Jackal has a bronzed appealThe Jackal has a bronzed appealThe Jackal has a bronzed appealThe Jackal has a bronzed appealThe Jackal has a bronzed appeal
Re: Ntl to reduce upload speed on 10mb

LOL Why do you think I downgraded from 10meg to 2meg - It certainly wasn't because I wanted to save pennies (I've been giving Telewest top tier money for over 5 years) : More like I didn't want to waste pennies

They rang me up the other week and as asked if everything was ok with the downgrade and stuff : I gave them a good piece of my mind.
Old 08-12-2006, 18:09   #3
Bill C

Quote:
Originally Posted by geminian68 View Post
I saw this on the other site, and if it is true and not just a typo, it seems pointless to continue paying £34.99 for the same upload as the 4mb tier

http://home.ntl.com/websales/product.do?id=3264

2Mb broadband
Upload Speed (Kbps) 256

4Mb broadband
Upload Speed (Kbps) 384

10Mb broadband
Upload Speed (Kbps) 384

I am confident that is a typo

Old 08-12-2006, 18:12   #4
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

NTL making a mistake....... nooooooooo
Old 08-12-2006, 18:15   #5
Bill C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
NTL making a mistake....... nooooooooo
Bet you this thread goes to pages before the end of the weekend and by then it will be FACT and everyone will be on to retentions claiming discounts

Old 08-12-2006, 18:16   #6
Bob
cf.mega poster

Services: Sky Q and Hyperoptic
Bob has reached the bronze age
Bob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze age

I believe those the upload speeds on TW
Old 08-12-2006, 18:22   #7
Bill C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
I believe those the upload speeds on TW
Indeed and that's why i think its a typo. They have redesigned the page in the last day or two and it could have been done by someone involved with the Telewest side of things or it could be true. I can see it being upsetting to the torrent fans if it is true, That's one of the reasons i use the newsgroups, The upload is far to low if you are a p2p users..

Old 08-12-2006, 18:40   #8
Mr Angry
Inactive

Mr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny stars
Mr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill C View Post
Bet you this thread goes to pages before the end of the weekend and by then it will be FACT and everyone will be on to retentions claiming discounts
I've been on to retentions over this and they have agreed to free broadband for the next four generations of the Angry family, free TV and our own syndicated TV reality show and to pay off the outstanding mortgage on our holiday home.

I think their direct debit for next month is safe!
Old 08-12-2006, 18:46   #9
Bill C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Angry View Post
I've been on to retentions over this and they have agreed to free broadband for the next four generations of the Angry family, free TV and our own syndicated TV reality show and to pay off the outstanding mortgage on our holiday home.

I think their direct debit for next month is safe!
Excellent news. Let me know if you want a plasma tv and lcds in every room as well. That's the new offer from retentions for those that say the magic word and only phone on a sunday every blue moon.

Old 08-12-2006, 18:56   #10
Mr Angry
Inactive

Mr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny stars
Mr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Excellent news. Let me know if you want a plasma tv and lcds in every room as well. That's the new offer from retentions for those that say the magic word and only phone on a sunday every blue moon.
Bill, get with the programme - the plasma offer was last week!!
Old 08-12-2006, 19:05   #11
geminian68
Inactive

Services: VM: V.I.P, 50mb.
geminian68 is a glorious beacon of lightgeminian68 is a glorious beacon of lightgeminian68 is a glorious beacon of lightgeminian68 is a glorious beacon of lightgeminian68 is a glorious beacon of lightgeminian68 is a glorious beacon of lightgeminian68 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
It's already virtually becoming fact over at nth :

[quote name='xDarkAngelx' date='Dec 8 2006, 06:25 PM' post='254071']
Was talking about this today to an NTL employee...

Apparently they are altering the speeds so 20mbit can have 512k up!

And these are also the same upload speeds TW users have...i guess they want the same all across?[/quote]

If it is true, you would imagine they would increase Telewest's upload, rather than decrease Ntl's
Old 08-12-2006, 19:22   #12
Bill C

Quote:
It's already virtually becoming fact over at nth :

[quote name='xDarkAngelx' date='Dec 8 2006, 06:25 PM' post='254071']
Was talking about this today to an NTL employee...

Apparently they are altering the speeds so 20mbit can have 512k up!

And these are also the same upload speeds TW users have...i guess they want the same all across?

If it is true, you would imagine they would increase Telewest's upload, rather than decrease Ntl's

Ok if you want to take it as gospel fine. But i have heard nothing and i honestly think its a typo. Plus show me where NTL have said they are going to give customers 20 meg. NOTE i said NTL not the rumour maker on the street corner.

NTL trailed 20 meg yes. But that does not mean they will release it.

Old 08-12-2006, 20:35   #13
ferretuk
Inactive

Services: Plusnet Unlimited FTTC
ferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Ok if you want to take it as gospel fine. But i have heard nothing and i honestly think its a typo.
Same 'typo' here:

http://home.ntl.com/websales/product.do?id=3246

Another downgrade request going in if it's true. Good of NTL to twist my arm to save £10/month...
Old 08-12-2006, 21:00   #14
dev
Inactive

dev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
yes and no, from the view of a customer wanting more for their money you would expect telewest's to be increased. from a network view point, there will be a reason why telewest's upload is lower and if it means it cant be increased without substantial changes to the network or price then it'll obviously be the limiting factor and so ntl's will have to be reduced
Old 09-12-2006, 11:02   #15
neoapple
Inactive

Services: 10MB BB, Family Pack TV
neoapple is on a distinguished roadneoapple is on a distinguished road

what the hell...... My mates got BT ADSL and it bloody uploads faster than this!! and he is on 8mb.....
I would expect an ratio of upload like 1mb for every 10mb atleast
Closed Thread