Today, 16:37
|
#9691
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kairdiff-by-the-sea
Age: 70
Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Posts: 10,539
|
Re: Moans and Pet Hates
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss
What gin do you buy for it to go up that much ?
|
It's the Minimum Unit Price for alcohol policy in Wales. It was 50p per unit and is now 65p per unit, the same as in Scotland.
So a litre of 37.5% gin that is £17.50 in England, was £18.75 in Wales before October 1st, and now £24.38 since that date.
I was advised to have a look at Amazon, and the missus made an account, and an order is on the way at £17.49 per litre with 5% as well. 
|
|
|
Today, 16:40
|
#9692
|
|
In the gang of three
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Hiding . . from all the experts
Posts: 5,864
|
Re: Moans and Pet Hates
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf
The guy on the till asked why I hadn't bought gin for the missus. I told him that even she refuses to pay the extra £6.88 that has been slapped onto the bottle price by the puritanical socialists in the Welsh Arsembly.
I'll be taking a drive over the border to stock up there.
|
My brother lives just the other side of the Scotland/England border, he says most people in his area take short(ish) trips to Carlisle for a fair bit of (mainly alcoholic) stuff
__________________
If knowledge is power, how come those in power seem so stupid?
|
|
|
Today, 17:01
|
#9693
|
|
Just a Geek
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 5,073
|
Re: Moans and Pet Hates
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf
It's the Minimum Unit Price for alcohol policy in Wales. It was 50p per unit and is now 65p per unit, the same as in Scotland.
So a litre of 37.5% gin that is £17.50 in England, was £18.75 in Wales before October 1st, and now £24.38 since that date.
I was advised to have a look at Amazon, and the missus made an account, and an order is on the way at £17.49 per litre with 5% as well.  
|
yeah I buy from Amazon too. That is a crazy increase
__________________
Is your muffin buttered? Would you like me to assign someone to butter your muffin?
|
|
|
Today, 17:15
|
#9694
|
|
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Admin
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Nottingham
Age: 63
Services: Zen & YouFibre FTTP, Sky Q TV, Sky Mobile, Flextel SIP
Posts: 31,236
|
Re: Moans and Pet Hates
So Amazon dont have to charge you the Unit Price ?
__________________
Baby, I was born this way.
|
|
|
Today, 17:20
|
#9695
|
|
CF Resident Dog
Join Date: Mar 2005
Services: Zen FTTP 910
Posts: 16,188
|
Re: Moans and Pet Hates
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf
It's the Minimum Unit Price for alcohol policy in Wales. It was 50p per unit and is now 65p per unit, the same as in Scotland.
So a litre of 37.5% gin that is £17.50 in England, was £18.75 in Wales before October 1st, and now £24.38 since that date.
I was advised to have a look at Amazon, and the missus made an account, and an order is on the way at £17.49 per litre with 5% as well.  
|
Have you never had an Amazon account? I order most of my stuff from there although I don't touch Alcohol much.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 18:20.
|