Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coronavirus

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Coronavirus

Old 13-03-2022, 12:57   #1741
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Re: Coronavirus

Still the 3rd biggest killer
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-03-2022, 13:07   #1742
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Yes, but you are counting the numbers for the whole year, and that will be higher. The BBC report I heard on the news was that the death levels were now below average for the month.

---------- Post added at 11:28 ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 ----------

The number of cases now equates to far fewer deaths now, thanks to the vaccination programme and the anti-virals that are now used to treat Covid.

You may want to know about the number of cases, but you don't need to know, just as you don't need a running commentary on other diseases that lead to deaths.

Covid is no longer the biggest killer, so it's time to end the paranoia.
Quote:
The number of deaths registered in England and Wales in the week ending 25 February 2022 (Week 8) was 11,150 - the figure for the 22nd February 2020 was 10,841
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...25february2022

Those are the weekly figures, not the whole year..
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2022, 13:56   #1743
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Yes, but you are counting the numbers for the whole year, and that will be higher. The BBC report I heard on the news was that the death levels were now below average for the month.
Many people who would have died this winter were killed by COVID in 2020 or 2021. In other words, it shortened their life by a year or two. You can only die once.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2022, 14:22   #1744
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Of course, these dead people are not people you know.
There’s loads of dead people I don’t know, in fact I don’t know hardly any of the people that die every day from any reason.

---------- Post added at 13:20 ---------- Previous post was at 13:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Important point - it’s less than the five year average. It still higher than the same time before COVID two years ago.

The number of deaths registered in England and Wales in the week ending 25 February 2022 (Week 8) was 11,150 - the figure for the 22nd February 2020 was 10,841

Also, the last two of the five years had higher than average death rates (due to COVID), this increases the current five year average -

Example
2015 - 100
2016 - 100
2017 - 100
2018 - 100
2019 - 100
5 year average - 100

2019 - 100
2018 - 100
2019 - 100
2020 - 120
2021 - 125
5 year average - 109

2018 - 100
2019 - 100
2020 - 120
2021 - 125
2022 - 110
5 year average - 111

So, our current five year average is still higher than before COVID.
Averages and percentages ……….have been used since their invention to prove or debunk any argument whichever way the person using them want the narrative to go.

---------- Post added at 13:22 ---------- Previous post was at 13:20 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
Still the 3rd biggest killer
After what?
Old 13-03-2022, 15:14   #1745
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post

After what?
If you search you will find the same results as me. I am not doing it for you
Old 13-03-2022, 18:04   #1746
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
What a juvenile response, I couldn’t give a toss, you made the statement. I thought it was a discussion forum
Old 13-03-2022, 18:30   #1747
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Why waste time posting it then

You also proved the point btw, if its only the 3rd, where is the daily running commentry on the 1st and 2nd ?

---------- Post added at 17:30 ---------- Previous post was at 17:29 ----------

Quote:
It requires pretty basic level of understanding to realise that more cases equal more deaths.
It requirs a better level of understanding to realise that one does not necessarily lead to the other.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2022, 19:09   #1748
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Why waste time posting it then

You also proved the point btw, if its only the 3rd, where is the daily running commentry on the 1st and 2nd ?

---------- Post added at 17:30 ---------- Previous post was at 17:29 ----------

It requirs a better level of understanding to realise that one does not necessarily lead to the other.
A. Because it was factual
B. I would have looked for anyone else

As for proving a point
1 and 2 were killing as many before (well I assume it was but they only mentioned 1 which was Alzheimer's just for you). Up jumps number 3 brand new, kills loads and still kills loads. I am not gonna get sucked into arguements on this topic I saw his post I searched and found it was 3rd and posted. That is all. No need for the Spanish Inquisition or I will have to go get the comfy chair again

---------- Post added at 18:09 ---------- Previous post was at 18:08 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
What a juvenile response, I couldn’t give a toss, you made the statement. I thought it was a discussion forum
I just do not like you that is all
Old 13-03-2022, 19:22   #1749
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
I just do not like you that is all
Ha, who gives a shit.
Old 13-03-2022, 21:59   #1750
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

oi … play nicely please.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2022, 22:20   #1751
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Up jumps number 3 brand new, kills loads and still kills loads.
Except its not brand new anymore - as to 'Loads' ... well not really.

If you want to see how covid deaths stack up against overall deaths, see ;

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...25february2022
Quote:
Of the deaths registered in Week 8 in England and Wales, 766 mentioned "novel coronavirus (COVID-19)", accounting for 6.9% of all deaths

Old 13-03-2022, 22:33   #1752
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Former U.S President Barack Obama has announced he has tested positive for Covid-19
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2022, 22:39   #1753
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Which you seem not to have.

If case rates rise, hospital admissions & deaths will rise. This is especially true as the 3rd jab efficacy wanes. There is no medical consensus that I have seen that defines how long the booster lasts. I'd like to know how these metrics are progressing. You may wish to stick your head in the sand but there are many who want to be aware of what is happening in the country. We need to remain vigilant.
Old 13-03-2022, 22:47   #1754
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Which you seem not to have.
If you want to be a dick I can happily remove you from the topic.

Rising cases do not automatically mean rising hospital admissions, or deaths, as was noted in the figures many times over the last few months.

You are free to obsess over one virus if you want, I will be carrying on with my life, and worry about more important things that actually matter to me.

Old 13-03-2022, 23:07   #1755
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
Rising cases do not automatically mean rising hospital admissions
I think you’ll find the recent omicron wave completely ………………..whatever, supports that view.