Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2021, 00:02   #1591
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I don't have Baby TV???

What's the message on Nickelodeon about?
I do not know why Baby TV is not on your TV Set right now.

But all the channels listed in my early post today has been part of the "Kids Pack" since April 2019 at the cost of £5 per month*.

Also Sony SAB, Colors, Colors Rishtey and Colors Cineplex has joined an "Asian Mela" pack since April 2019 for any Virgin Media Customers who sign an new 18 month contract.

*To all new Virgin Media Customers and also any Virgin Media Customers who sign an new 18 month contract and say no to the Kids Pack.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 05-10-2021 at 00:12.
Advertisement
Old 05-10-2021, 08:14   #1592
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

My 360 boxes have had a software update overnight here in London. Now showing version 4.35. I could not see anything new after the briefest of glances and the text on the panel is as uninformative as usual although I fancy it seems a little faster to respond. I will explore further this evening when I have more time.
Old 05-10-2021, 10:53   #1593
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
My 360 boxes have had a software update overnight here in London. Now showing version 4.35. I could not see anything new after the briefest of glances and the text on the panel is as uninformative as usual although I fancy it seems a little faster to respond. I will explore further this evening when I have more time.
I need my coffee, my immediate reaction was "I didn't think Microsoft were still updating that Xbox console".

Virgin Media really shouldn't have used such a similar brand name to a globally popular entertainment device for their new TV service.

Thanks for the information heavyside.
Old 05-10-2021, 11:07   #1594
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
My 360 has been displaying the wrong content against the selected default profile on some occasions. I hope they've fixed that, it was confusing my wife considerably!
Old 05-10-2021, 11:37   #1595
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
I need my coffee, my immediate reaction was "I didn't think Microsoft were still updating that Xbox console".

Virgin Media really shouldn't have used such a similar brand name to a globally popular entertainment device for their new TV service.

Thanks for the information heavyside.
Tbh i'm surprised MS haven't tried to sue, as stupid as it sounds it's something big companies would do these days.
Old 05-10-2021, 11:41   #1596
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Tbh i'm surprised MS haven't tried to sue, as stupid as it sounds it's something big companies would do these days.
Unlikely.
It’s Xbox 360.
It’s TV 360.
Anyone remember the IBM 360?
You can’t sue on 360.
Who did decide there is 360 degrees in a circle anyway and why?
Old 05-10-2021, 16:34   #1597
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Unlikely.
It’s Xbox 360.
It’s TV 360.
You can’t sue on 360.
Woosh.
Old 05-10-2021, 18:07   #1598
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Unlikely.
It’s Xbox 360.
It’s TV 360.
You can’t sue on 360.
A quick search on the IPO website says there are 647 technology-related trademarks that include "360".

Even Sky have got one:
https://trademarks.ipo.gov.uk/ipo-tm.../UK00914525885
Quote:
Nobody knows.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Degree_(angle)
Old 05-10-2021, 18:22   #1599
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
It was said MS renamed their cloud service from SkyDrive to OneDrive because a certain satellite broadcaster complained it was confusing to their broadband customers.
Quote:
Unlikely.
It’s Xbox 360.
It’s TV 360.
You can’t sue on 360.
I agree with your point, however as big gamer I can say in my experience a large proportion of gamers, even those who didn't own one, often referred to it simply as 360, especially when writing about it on forums and social media.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
A quick search on the IPO website says there are 647 technology-related trademarks that include "360".

Even Sky have got one:
https://trademarks.ipo.gov.uk/ipo-tm.../UK00914525885
I'm not surprised.

Last edited by cheekyangus; 05-10-2021 at 18:26.
Old 05-10-2021, 18:30   #1600
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Off topic I know but couldn't resist a google.

wikipedia may not have an explanation but the following link gives a few which kind of make sense .... though the first hypothesis seem the most probable of those put forward. Well in truth it's the one I could understand. << insert embarrassed sigh here>>

https://www.scienceabc.com/pure-scie...-like-100.html
Old 11-10-2021, 13:12   #1601
Chris James
cf.member

Chris James is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris James View Post
Most BBC regions are going HD from Thursday 21 October.
Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/schedules/p09v556t/2021/10/20
Virgin in my area carries the London schedules. This may be a blip, but the 1830 listings on weekdays are always "This is BBC1" on 108(HD) with the familiar red caption followed by random HD clips until 1859. This is the case until Monday 18th October when from this date it lists BBC London News, i.e. as 101(SD).
Old 11-10-2021, 18:18   #1602
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Yes, I noticed that, too. I get BBC South, but until the week the listings come out for the date selected, the regional news displays 'BBC London'

The listings magazines are out tomorrow, so it will be interesting to see whether BBC South HD shows 'South Today'.
Old 11-10-2021, 20:08   #1603
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

I think it does that every weekend for all the BBC regions and then fixes on a Monday. I have 'South Today' listing now for next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Yes, I noticed that, too. I get BBC South, but until the week the listings come out for the date selected, the regional news displays 'BBC London'

The listings magazines are out tomorrow, so it will be interesting to see whether BBC South HD shows 'South Today'.
Old 11-10-2021, 20:18   #1604
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
Off topic I know but couldn't resist a google.

wikipedia may not have an explanation but the following link gives a few which kind of make sense .... though the first hypothesis seem the most probable of those put forward. Well in truth it's the one I could understand. << insert embarrassed sigh here>>

https://www.scienceabc.com/pure-scie...-like-100.html
The last two are more likely.

A 360 day year is actually a thing, apparently ;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/360-day_calendar
Quote:
Ancient calendars around the world initially used a 360 day calendar.

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 11-10-2021, 20:45   #1605
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
I think it does that every weekend for all the BBC regions and then fixes on a Monday. I have 'South Today' listing now for next week.
My EPG now displays ‘This is BBC1….’ so I guess we are not getting regional news in HD just yet.