Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
Closed Thread

Old 27-09-2021, 21:25   #1576
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
News of this was also reported on the broadband tv website, although it does not quote a specific source.

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/
It would appear that people are far more ready to listen to and believe Chinese whispers that they are to wait for announcement from the BBC about what it actually plans to do.

---------- Post added at 20:25 ---------- Previous post was at 20:19 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
I believe the info reported in the article was originally announced on the BBCs own website.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/schedules/p09v556t/2021/10/20
The problem being the BBC schedules pages don't give any indication of where the HD services will be carried. It could be limited to the BBC Boardroom or the DG's office (I'm guessing it will be more than that but who knows?). The additional HD services have been spotted on the schedules page and, in the absence of any announcements from the BBC, people have drawn their own conclusions and spread them across the internet as facts.
Advertisement
Old 28-09-2021, 00:48   #1577
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
It would appear that people are far more ready to listen to and believe Chinese whispers that they are to wait for announcement from the BBC about what it actually plans to do.

The problem being the BBC schedules pages don't give any indication of where the HD services will be carried. It could be limited to the BBC Boardroom or the DG's office (I'm guessing it will be more than that but who knows?). The additional HD services have been spotted on the schedules page and, in the absence of any announcements from the BBC, people have drawn their own conclusions and spread them across the internet as facts.
The BBC Schedule pages have prior history of yielding indication of new services before they were even announced. I heard they had indicated the existence of the BBC Scotland channel before it was officially announced and had the launch date correct. I'm hazier on the other example, but I think the Schedule pages mentioned BBC radio station Cymru 2 before it was announced too, but in that case the date was out by a few weeks.
Old 28-09-2021, 01:01   #1578
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
The BBC Schedule pages have prior history of yielding indication of new services before they were even announced. I heard they had indicated the existence of the BBC Scotland channel before it was officially announced and had the launch date correct. I'm hazier on the other example, but I think the Schedule pages mentioned BBC radio station Cymru 2 before it was announced too, but in that case the date was out by a few weeks.
Oh well, it that case the HD channels will automagically appear everywhere in October as predicted.

I'm wasn't saying it won't happen, simply that there hasn't been an announcement from the source to confirm that it will. Enhancements to iPlayer have been announced, these could simply be extra iPlayer steams. The Beeb have announced that BBC One English regions will eventually be in HD but with a completely different timescale.
Old 28-09-2021, 11:07   #1579
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Oh well, it that case the HD channels will automagically appear everywhere in October as predicted.

I'm wasn't saying it won't happen, simply that there hasn't been an announcement from the source to confirm that it will. Enhancements to iPlayer have been announced, these could simply be extra iPlayer steams. The Beeb have announced that BBC One English regions will eventually be in HD but with a completely different timescale.

I agree with all that. I too will believe it when I see it. The initial posts I read speculated it could well be just iPlayer.

It's likely the other timescale of End Of 2022 is for DTT/Freeview and is for the completion of the whole thing, they are probably just starting with Satellite.

I'm going to continue to proceed like nothing's going to happen and then it'll be a nice surprise.
Old 28-09-2021, 11:54   #1580
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

These are my sentiments exactly and it can end up with disappointed customers complaining that the "promised" services haven't arrived. I hope BBC One HD regions do appear next month but, until there's an official announcement from the BBC on where and when it'll happen, it seems some have jumped the gun.
Old 28-09-2021, 14:24   #1581
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Discovery+ is now available on Prime Video Channels in the UK.

It can be accessed by all UK Prime members via Prime Video for £4.99 per month for the Entertainment package and £6.99 per month for Entertainment and Sport.

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2021...-amazon-in-uk/
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 28-09-2021, 14:41   #1582
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Looks like the free 7-day trial is not available with the sport option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Discovery+ is now available on Prime Video Channels in the UK.

It can be accessed by all UK Prime members via Prime Video for £4.99 per month for the Entertainment package and £6.99 per month for Entertainment and Sport.

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2021...-amazon-in-uk/
Old 29-09-2021, 22:08   #1583
epsilon
cf.geek

https://www.mediamole.co.uk/entertai...22_465962.html

Quote:
The BBC has denied speculation that HD versions of the BBC One English regions could launch as early as next month.

It seems that the HD versions on the BBC schedules web pages are appearing as the result of a technical error. That's how rumours start folks!
Old 29-09-2021, 22:50   #1584
locutus1974
cf.member

Services: virginmedia TV XL,1 tb tivo, v box in another room, Phone Large, BB large (30) pay as u go mobil
locutus1974 is on a distinguished roadlocutus1974 is on a distinguished road

Still no news re Disney+ App coming? Have the App on the firestick but its a bit laggy as its an older stick, cant get the app on the smart TV as it says its not compatible so getting it through the Virgin box would be better for me so I dont have to go and get a new firestick lol
Old 30-09-2021, 00:51   #1585
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:

It seems that the HD versions on the BBC schedules web pages are appearing as the result of a technical error. That's how rumours start folks!

It did seem too sudden.
Old 03-10-2021, 17:21   #1586
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

The "technical error" is still online

BBC ONE Cambridgeshire HD

https://www.bbc.co.uk/schedules/p09v555w/2021/10/21
Old 04-10-2021, 01:55   #1587
epsilon
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
The "technical error" is still online

BBC ONE Cambridgeshire HD

https://www.bbc.co.uk/schedules/p09v555w/2021/10/21
Some errors aren't easily corrected, as the fallout from the incident at Red Bee Media demonstrates.

Someone posted on DS that the error on the schedules page will be corrected later in the month. All very odd but perhaps the BBC don't see correcting rumours as a priority, they have already announced a rough launch date as by the end of next year.
Old 04-10-2021, 13:44   #1588
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

TiVo says that Baby TV and all ViacomCBS and Turner kids channels are having an free to view period this month.

Who having an free to view period this month?

703. Baby TV
704. Cartoon Network
705. Cartoon Network +1
706. Cartoonito
712. Nickelodeon
713. Nick +1
714. Nick HD
715. Nick Junior
716. Nick Jr Too
717. Nicktoons
730. Boomerang
731. Boomerang +1
732. Cartoon Network HD
Old 04-10-2021, 15:09   #1589
Rob King
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Ultimate Package with M600 Broadband , 360 Box owner , Volt Mobile, + Virgin Home Phon
Rob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enough

Yes I have baby tv all other channels I subscribed too
Old 04-10-2021, 21:31   #1590
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

I don't have Baby TV???

What's the message on Nickelodeon about?
Closed Thread