Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 06-12-2016, 14:38   #1936
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathG View Post
I have not received a confirmation email yet and it was 10.30 this morning when I placed the order, but online at My Virgin Media account I clicked my orders and it is confirmed there.

Re the price, my package also went up £5.00, but I think that is because we had a no charge on our V+ box which is now going.
Cheers
Kath
Same here Kath. I've not received an email, but it its there on My Orders.

Just as I posted that my email confirmation came through lol
Definitely £64.94 for both

Last edited by Ultimate.Conj; 06-12-2016 at 14:47.
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2016, 14:41   #1937
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

What's the best way to contact people? Chat or phone?

Just to confirm my package shouldn't go up if I'm swapping a TiVo for a v6?

It's just the 49 quid installation and 14 activation ?
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 14:49   #1938
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post

I contacted them through the online chat as I'm at work lol

If you're swapping the Tivo for V6, it shouldn't go up, but looks like it might do by a fiver.
Old 06-12-2016, 14:50   #1939
adzzzbatch
Inactive

Services: Full House XL TV, SkySports HD, VM TiVo 500Gb, TiVo 1Tb, VHD Box. 200Mb BB, Talk More Anytime Phone
adzzzbatch will become famous soon enoughadzzzbatch will become famous soon enoughadzzzbatch will become famous soon enough

I'm a little disappointed that not more customers have been contacted by Virgin Media offering the upgrade. I registered this households interest fairly early on and I'm not saying that makes us "entitled" to get a V6, just that it would be nice if VM acknowledged more customers loyalty especially as there are a lot of us that pay £135-£140+ per month.
adzzzbatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 14:52   #1940
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Quote:

This is from my confirmation email

One-off charges & credits

Activation Fee £14.99
Manned Installation Credit £40.00CR
Manned Installation Charge £40.00
V6 Box Activation Credit £50.00CR
V6 Box Activation Fee £99.95
One-off charges & credits total £64.94

Other fees, charges & credits total* £64.94

---------- Post added at 13:52 ---------- Previous post was at 13:50 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzzzbatch View Post
I'm a little disappointed that not more customers have been contacted by Virgin Media offering the upgrade. I registered this households interest fairly early on and I'm not saying that makes us "entitled" to get a V6, just that it would be nice if VM acknowledged more customers loyalty especially as there are a lot of us that pay £135-£140+ per month.
I was paying nearly £140 a month mate, I had a word with them using the online chat service and they changed me to the VIP Package from the old top tier package and it went down to £108 a month.

Now I've added Caller ID and couple of V6s, its back up to £122 lol
Old 06-12-2016, 14:52   #1941
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post

Activation Fee £14.99

Manned installation charge? Ahh can I do it for free?
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 15:00   #1942
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Manned installation charge? Ahh can I do it for free?
I'm not sure mate, they didn't give me the option.

It can't be that difficult to set up.
I will be moving some boxes around the house, but they going to placed where the VHD boxes are at the moment. This will mean the guy doesn't have to mess around drilling holes or sorting out cable because it's already there :-)

I told VM I didn't want the VHD boxes anymore and should I return them to the engineer. The answer I got was no, just bin them lol
Old 06-12-2016, 15:01   #1943
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Everyone currently gets a 'free' manned install as Quickstart is not currently available for V6.

So you will only be charged the £14.99 order activation fee plus the appropriate V6 activation fee for your V6 and package choices.

Once Quickstart is available for V6 and it's offered, if you choose a manned install instead then you'll be charged an additional £40.
Old 06-12-2016, 15:05   #1944
markliffen@googl
Inactive

markliffen@googl is on a distinguished roadmarkliffen@googl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Same here Kath. I've not received an email, but it its there on My Orders.

Just as I posted that my email confirmation came through lol
Definitely £64.94 for both

Nice one fingers crossed all goes to plan and we get 2 x now
markliffen@googl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 15:07   #1945
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

I think i'll wait until the next price rise in a few months that triggers us being able to cancel. It'll probably be free by then.
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 15:13   #1946
Rob King
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Ultimate Package with M600 Broadband , 360 Box owner , Volt Mobile, + Virgin Home Phon
Rob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enough

i rang Virgin this morning to get a V6 bos they said i can get one in Jan 2017 but would have to pay £64 they told me retentions would offer the same price so they been instructed so no need to ring them they said
Rob King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 15:16   #1947
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by markliffen@googl View Post
Nice one fingers crossed all goes to plan and we get 2 x now
The more I look at the price, the more i'm doubting it is two lol

1 x V6 @ £49.95 (top tier)
1 x Activate Fee @ £14.99

Totals £64.94....maybe I'm getting paranoid now lol
Old 06-12-2016, 15:19   #1948
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Looking at your post above, it does only look like one to me.

It would be £99.90 for the V6 fees if you'd been charged 2 x £49.95 before any discounts or credits.
Old 06-12-2016, 15:20   #1949
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Looking at your post above, it does only look like one to me.

It would be £99.90 for the V6 fees if you'd been charged 2 x £49.95 before any discounts or credits.
That's what I'm thinking, I might get in contact to confirm. At least then I know what's going on lol
Old 06-12-2016, 15:24   #1950
markliffen@googl
Inactive

markliffen@googl is on a distinguished roadmarkliffen@googl is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Activation Fee £14.99

---------- Post added at 13:52 ---------- Previous post was at 13:50 ----------

That's all the same as mine just hoping that it isn't a mistake and only one v6 on there but guess we will soon see

I was paying nearly £140 a month mate, I had a word with them using the online chat service and they changed me to the VIP Package from the old top tier package and it went down to £108 a month.

Now I've added Caller ID and couple of V6s, its back up to £122 lol

---------- Post added at 14:23 ---------- Previous post was at 14:21 ----------

Quote:
The more I look at the price, the more i'm doubting it is two lol

1 x V6 @ £49.95 (top tier)
1 x Activate Fee @ £14.99

Totals £64.94....maybe I'm getting paranoid now lol
I'm thinking the same m8 but I've called loads of times and been told it's 2x boxes by all. So not sure what else I can do ?

---------- Post added at 14:24 ---------- Previous post was at 14:23 ----------

Quote:
That's what I'm thinking, I might get in contact to confirm. At least then I know what's going on lol
Let me know what's said please
markliffen@googl is offline   Reply With Quote