Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 06-12-2016, 13:25   #1921
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by markliffen@googl View Post
Yes registered interest but never got a call. I'm on 200 meg broadband and top tv package . Did you get a email to confirm your order I haven't yet ?
No, haven't received an email yet.

I also registered my interest, but I also never got a call. I'm on the VIP Package.
He definitely confirmed the price was for two V6 boxes
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2016, 13:28   #1922
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mparker42 View Post
Just ordered 2 V6 and was charged £115 with an installation date of end 31/01/17
That is the correct price

---------- Post added at 12:28 ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post

I also registered my interest, but I also never got a call. I'm on the VIP Package.
I'd just phone up to be honest I got install 9/1/17
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 13:28   #1923
markliffen@googl
Inactive

markliffen@googl is on a distinguished roadmarkliffen@googl is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Same here and I've checked with 2 separate call agents and with retentions. Definitely 2 boxes. Guy who did my order said it was his 1st v6 order and took a while original said there would be 100 odd pound installation charge but insaid that was wrong and he went of to check and came back and said ahh yes there was codes that needed to be applied. Guess I got lucky like you
markliffen@googl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 13:34   #1924
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
£115 would seem to be the correct price for two V6 boxes on the top package as it's 2 x £49.95 + £14.99
Isn't there also a £40 charge for the installation by a technician? I was charged this but then had a £50 loyalty bonus deducted from the charges, so didn't quibble.

So I have to pay £99.95 for the two V6s, £44.95 for the activation and £40.00 for the technician visit, less £50.00 loyalty, which makes the total bill £139.09.

The earliest date I could get was 11 January and the slots are going like hotcakes, so if anyone is still thinking of getting a V6, I wouldn't be thinking about it for too long!

Also, please be patient with the CS staff. The information hadn't been uploaded onto their systems even by lunch time, but they are doing their best. Prepare for having to wait at certain points while they get the information they need to assist you.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 13:41   #1925
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Isn't there also a £40 charge for the installation by a technician? I was charged this but then had a £50 loyalty bonus deducted from the charges, so didn't quibble.
Nope, as Quickstart isn't available.

£40 is only charged in addition to the £14.99 service activation fee when Quickstart is available but a customer chooses a manned install.
Old 06-12-2016, 13:44   #1926
UnStable
cf.member

UnStable is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure if already posted but online orders will be available from tomorrow.
UnStable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 14:09   #1927
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post

So I have to pay £99.95 for the two V6s, £44.95 for the activation and £40.00 for the technician visit, less £50.00 loyalty, which makes the total bill £139.09.

The earliest date I could get was 11 January and the slots are going like hotcakes, so if anyone is still thinking of getting a V6, I wouldn't be thinking about it for too long!

Also, please be patient with the CS staff. The information hadn't been uploaded onto their systems even by lunch time, but they are doing their best. Prepare for having to wait at certain points while they get the information they need to assist you.
That isnt right the price for two TiVo V6, activation is £14.95 for first box and no activation fee for 2nd box and no install charge
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 14:11   #1928
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Just to be clear, the £14.99 is an order activation, so will always cover all kit changes or additions that apply in each order.
Old 06-12-2016, 14:11   #1929
markliffen@googl
Inactive

markliffen@googl is on a distinguished roadmarkliffen@googl is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Just got my email confirmation defo 2 v6 boxes on there
markliffen@googl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 14:18   #1930
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Madness here chaps

I'm on biggest package currently. Got told I'd pay 99 quid installation fee as I'm not on maximum broadband of 200? It's not in my area yet!

Called them up and got told 14 quid activation and 49 quid installation fee. Fair enough

But my package would go up by 8 quid a month? Eh? Any reason?
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 14:23   #1931
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by markliffen@googl View Post
Just got my email confirmation defo 2 v6 boxes on there
Nice one mate. My confirmation email hasn't arrive yet, but I'll keep a look out.

---------- Post added at 13:23 ---------- Previous post was at 13:22 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Madness here chaps

I'm on biggest package currently. Got told I'd pay 99 quid installation fee as I'm not on maximum broadband of 200? It's not in my area yet!

Called them up and got told 14 quid activation and 49 quid installation fee. Fair enough

But my package would go up by 8 quid a month? Eh? Any reason?
Mine went up because I swapped 2 x VHD boxes for 2 x V6 on my package. The cost of the Tivo's obviously more than the VHDs, but don't know why yours would have gone up if you have kept the same number of boxes on your package.
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 14:28   #1932
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Nope, as Quickstart isn't available.

£40 is only charged in addition to the £14.99 service activation fee when Quickstart is available but a customer chooses a manned install.
So if I see an installation fee added to my bill, I will query it then. I'm sure that all of this will work itself out once they upload their system with all the appropriate information.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 14:29   #1933
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Nice one mate. My confirmation email hasn't arrive yet, but I'll keep a look out.

---------- Post added at 13:23 ---------- Previous post was at 13:22 ----------

Mine went up because I swapped 2 x VHD boxes for 2 x V6 on my package. The cost of the Tivo's obviously more than the VHDs, but don't know why yours would have gone up if you have kept the same number of boxes on your package.
I have. All I want to do is swap my TiVo for a v6! Keeping the two rubbish boxes for my mum and sister. She said the fatal word of "rebuilding your package" though
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 14:34   #1934
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
I was also confirmed that price for 2 V6s.
Did you register your interest? Are you on higher package? Maybe these could be the factors?
We registered a interest yonks ago but so far we have heard nowt.
Old 06-12-2016, 14:35   #1935
KathG
Inactive

Services: Tivo VIP 100
KathG is an unknown quantity at this point

I have not received a confirmation email yet and it was 10.30 this morning when I placed the order, but online at My Virgin Media account I clicked my orders and it is confirmed there.

Re the price, my package also went up £5.00, but I think that is because we had a no charge on our V+ box which is now going.
Cheers
Kath
KathG is offline   Reply With Quote