29-11-2012, 09:21
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4
|
leaving virgin
Hi peeps,
I have been a loyal customer for this company for nearly 15 years, we have had our ups and downs regarding service but nothing too catastrophic.
Now I'm unemployed I need to shave a few pennies here and there, I do like the package deals Virgin are offering now with the 6 months half price deals but these are restricted to new customers. sooooooo if I canceled my services would I be seen as a new customer after I have been disconnected for 30 days, or if the wife signed up in her name would she be seen as a new customer thus entitled to these NEW Customer Deals?
|
|
|
29-11-2012, 09:30
|
#2
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: North-West Kent
Services: VIP
Posts: 2,887
|
Re: leaving virgin
Think you have to be gone for a contract length or something similar.
---------- Post added at 10:30 ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 ----------
Edit - looks like it's just 3 months.
|
|
|
29-11-2012, 09:39
|
#3
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4
|
Re: leaving virgin
cheers Andy,
would the wife be seen as a new customer or are the household all clumped as one for the address
|
|
|
29-11-2012, 09:43
|
#4
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: North-West Kent
Services: VIP
Posts: 2,887
|
Re: leaving virgin
Pass - sorry. I did have a quick look at the website but didn't see it, although it's probably obvious. Best thing is to ring them and chance your arm.
|
|
|
29-11-2012, 10:00
|
#5
|
|
Grumpy Fecker
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Warrington
Age: 66
Services: Every Weekend
Posts: 17,098
|
Re: leaving virgin
Quote:
Originally Posted by fubar247
cheers Andy,
would the wife be seen as a new customer or are the household all clumped as one for the address
|
I think it has to do with the address
__________________
Do yourself a favour and ditch Microsoft and their Spyware infested OS
I am a happy Linux user
https://nobaraproject.org/
|
|
|
29-11-2012, 10:06
|
#6
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: leaving virgin
I would suggest you call the "thinking of leaving us" option on 150 and have a chat with them. I'm sure they'll be able to help you out.
I think the option has changed and you need to select "moving home" first.
|
|
|
29-11-2012, 10:23
|
#7
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4
|
Re: leaving virgin
carl
tried it had to upgrade services to get any discount so it would actually costs me more money to get a discount.
example currently paying about £28 for phone and broadband would need to take TV package (which we were looking at anyhow for the comedy channel, and issues with freesat/freeview) which I think I was told would be £58 a month all in - £5 discount so £53 a month.
What would be nice is if virgin allowed a one off customer loyalty offer of 6 months 50% discount if additional services are ordered for customers who have been with them longer than 6 years, customers would need to agree to another 12 month contract so they cant have their discount and then abandon them after the 6 months in these hard times it would give a welcome relief to many and a fantastic marketing for virgin
|
|
|
29-11-2012, 10:27
|
#8
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: leaving virgin
Quote:
Originally Posted by fubar247
example currently paying about £28 for phone and broadband would need to take TV package..
|
So were my parents. They are now paying less but have added the Talk Dual 1000 (or something like that) as well.
I would call them back and have another go!
|
|
|
29-11-2012, 10:36
|
#9
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Probably outside the M25
Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Posts: 3,473
|
Re: leaving virgin
Depending on what exactly you want/need, there are some good deals out there with other companies.
Sky are doing a Festive offer which gives you up to 40mb unlimited fibre broadband, line rental/talk weekends, 2TB Sky box with Sky Entertainment extra. £44 for the first 6 months, £61 after. No upfront costs or activation fee's. Think its only a fiver or so to addon anytime calls or 80mb broadband, but dont quote me on that :P
|
|
|
29-11-2012, 10:40
|
#10
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4
|
Re: leaving virgin
not a sky fiber area so reluctant to pay for something I cant get
|
|
|
29-11-2012, 12:47
|
#11
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: area 14
Services: SkyQ silver 2TB
SkyQ mini multiroom
Boxset
skysports HD
skymovies HD
Virgin vivid 350meg
Posts: 281
|
Re: leaving virgin
you need to leave virgin for 3 months before you can return as a new customer
|
|
|
01-12-2012, 16:56
|
#12
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sunny SouthEast
Services: VIP Pack
Posts: 692
|
Re: leaving virgin
A mate of mine has just left virgin as they wouldn't give him the 1/2 price deal so he gave notice, 2 days after the service was disconnected the service was re-installed in his Partners name (and yes they have the same surname)
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 21:29.
|