Hello All
First time poster here!
I experienced exactly the same problem with outlook express last month using Virgin Media as my ISP (via the legacy ntlworld cable network).
I had managed to resolve it, (or so I thought) by checking the "My server requires authentication" box and entering my Virgin Media account details.
All of a sudden I could send emails again from my
scott@cambridgecarshare.co.uk email account.
However, I've since discovered that it hasn't solved the problem.
While email is being sent, it is actually going from my
scottandnic@ntlworld.com address which is pretty useless if you are wishing to send email from a professional email address.
I only discovered this today when I started to receive responses to my ntlworld address from emails sent via my cambridgecarshare address.
I unchecked the "My server requires authentication" box and all of a sudden email could be sent again, but it only lasted a few hours as I'm now getting the following message again:
"The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was 'scott@cambridgecarshare.co.uk'. Subject 'Re: Details', Account: 'mail.cambridgecarshare.co.uk', Server: 'smtp.ntlworld.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '555 Refused (external Mail From address). Please enable SMTP authentication to send mail.', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 555, Error Number: 0x800CCC78"
So looks like I'm back to square one.
Has anyone experienced the same problem and if so, can help provide a useful solution?
Many thanks and best wishes
Carouser