Students Rioting in London.
23-12-2010, 16:32
|
#931
|
|
Guest
Location: newcastle upon tyne
Services: Sky Q silver bundle
Sky Q 2TB box
Sky Q mini box
Sky fibre unlimited
Sky Talk evenings and week
Posts: n/a
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkle
As idiotic as the truth?
If you think the police would never leave a van in the middle of a demonstration as a PR stunt, you have much to learn about how the authorities police this country. Everybody knows it was left there on purpose, all part of the PR battle - and make no mistake, there IS a PR battle at work.
There was an in depth discussion online somewhere about that van. The conclusion was that it wasn't even in service, older model (possibly stripped out of anything of any value) and something wrong with the ID on it (iirc).
Yes, there is evidence that would suggest it was left there on purpose.
If I can find some relevant links I'll post them.
|
no offence mate but you are starting to sound like a recruiting agent for anarchists 'r' us ....and i ain't buying it
|
|
|
|
23-12-2010, 16:33
|
#932
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Open Prison, H.M.United Kingdom
Posts: 1,037
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
As for the vandalised van, here is a short sky news article briefly discussing whether it was left as vandal bait or not :
http://blogs.news.sky.com/frontlineb...b-bbeb70b3cb98
From what SkyNews are saying, it doesn't appear to have yet been proved either way. However, the fact that the van was left when there was ample opportunity to move it, is suspect. If noone has been reprimanded for leaving an expensive piece of kit in a danger area, then it's even more suspect imo.
If I can find anything conclusive (either way), I'll post a link.
|
|
|
23-12-2010, 16:34
|
#933
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,375
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius
I don't need to imagine, I have seen plenty in Londonderry and Belfast, Been involved in plenty in Londonderry and Belfast, Had to fire plastic bullets in one of those and fired tear gas as well.
So yes i KNOW what a riot is like. I know what its like to be on the receiving end of petrol bombs, Stones, Bricks and all the other crap that is thrown at you. I know what its like to have some hooligan spitting in you face, Swearing at you, Trying to stab a length of wood in you.
I just hope those that start one in London know what one is and what its like if the police use everything at there disposal to stop it. There will be unfortunately people on both sides hurt. I just hope those that are looking forward to the riots and are planing these riots are and will be able to live with injuries that people are going to get on both sides
|
Is this a riot?
|
|
|
23-12-2010, 16:36
|
#934
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Open Prison, H.M.United Kingdom
Posts: 1,037
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh
no offence mate but you are starting to sound like a recruiting agent for anarchists 'r' us ....and i ain't buying it
|
I've no idea what you are talking about. If you are gullible enough to believe everything the met tell you, then maybe you need help beyond what I can offer, sorry.
The met have already told a number of lies since these demos, they've denied officers were hiding IDs until presented with video evidence. They denied officers on horseback charged protesters during the November demos, until video evidence surfaced of them doing just that - to name just a couple examples.
|
|
|
23-12-2010, 16:39
|
#935
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,375
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem
|
Maybe you wear them when looking at the police at protests.
|
|
|
23-12-2010, 16:40
|
#936
|
|
Guest
Location: newcastle upon tyne
Services: Sky Q silver bundle
Sky Q 2TB box
Sky Q mini box
Sky fibre unlimited
Sky Talk evenings and week
Posts: n/a
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkle
As for the vandalised van, here is a short sky news article briefly discussing whether it was left as vandal bait or not :
http://blogs.news.sky.com/frontlineb...b-bbeb70b3cb98
From what SkyNews are saying, it doesn't appear to have yet been proved either way. However, the fact that the van was left when there was ample opportunity to move it, is suspect. If noone has been reprimanded for leaving an expensive piece of kit in a danger area, then it's even more suspect imo.
If I can find anything conclusive (either way), I'll post a link.
|
unless of course the students didn't stick to the agreed route and then the van was in a danger area ,but of course the students wouldn't go down an unauthorised route would they
|
|
|
|
23-12-2010, 16:40
|
#937
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,375
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh
Actually i believe it was me who said "vans being tipped over" which fair enough was a slight exageration to force a point ,but still ammounts to the same thing .
|
Aah, I shall have to remember that one.
Quote:
and you honestly believe that? , you actually believe that a £30,000 van was used as bait to encourage the kids to riot ?
what an idiotic thing to say
|
LOL, a stripped down knackered out police van for thirty thousand, I don't think so.
|
|
|
23-12-2010, 16:45
|
#938
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Open Prison, H.M.United Kingdom
Posts: 1,037
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
Interesting discussion on the "bait" van:
http://www.sumpter.org.uk/police-pla...uction-of-van/
Now why would there be a "police aware" sticker on a van still in service?
|
|
|
23-12-2010, 16:50
|
#939
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,375
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh
unless of course the students didn't stick to the agreed route and then the van was in a danger area ,but of course the students wouldn't go down an unauthorised route would they
|
Is that what happened in this case? I must admit I don't know what the official route was, but it would make sense for them to arrange to march down Whitehall.
---------- Post added at 17:50 ---------- Previous post was at 17:46 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkle
|
  I wouldn't give a thousand for that van. Thirty grand indeed.
|
|
|
23-12-2010, 16:51
|
#940
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Open Prison, H.M.United Kingdom
Posts: 1,037
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
Yea, lol !
C'mon Marty, you still think that was a £30K piece of kit ?
|
|
|
23-12-2010, 16:53
|
#941
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,375
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
I must admit, I am struggling to see the relevance as well.
|
|
|
23-12-2010, 16:56
|
#942
|
|
Grumpy Fecker
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Warrington
Age: 66
Services: Every Weekend
Posts: 17,104
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
|
I dont know is it. I was not there was you ?. I would need to be there to make a valid assessment.
---------- Post added at 17:56 ---------- Previous post was at 17:54 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
I must admit, I am struggling to see the relevance as well. 
|
Agreed.
Considering someone has joined and there first task is to ask that question it makes me concerned. They will not be getting an answer so they might as well bother someone else.
__________________
Do yourself a favour and ditch Microsoft and their Spyware infested OS
I am a happy Linux user
https://nobaraproject.org/
|
|
|
23-12-2010, 17:04
|
#943
|
|
Guest
Location: newcastle upon tyne
Services: Sky Q silver bundle
Sky Q 2TB box
Sky Q mini box
Sky fibre unlimited
Sky Talk evenings and week
Posts: n/a
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
Aah, I shall have to remember that one.
LOL, a stripped down knackered out police van for thirty thousand, I don't think so.
|
At todays price a new basic model sprinter starts at £19,000 ,that particular model i.e extra long ,high roof ,3.5t is £29,975 +vat + modifications specific to use ,the 5 ton version is £35,000
merc link
so yes they did wreck a £30,000 vehicle
|
|
|
|
23-12-2010, 17:05
|
#944
|
|
vox populi vox dei
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: the last resort
Services: every thing
Posts: 15,602
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkle
|
i'm sure a policeman will be along soon with a wildly fantastic and believable explanation .
the sign looks very dated and there is rust running from the rear windows ,is this how expensive vehicles are cared for -or is it how an old scrapper looks ?
__________________
To be or not to be, woke is the question Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer. The slings and arrows of outrageous wokedome, Or to take arms against a sea of wokies. And by opposing end them.
|
|
|
23-12-2010, 17:08
|
#945
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Open Prison, H.M.United Kingdom
Posts: 1,037
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh
At todays price a new basic model sprinter starts at £19,000 ,that particular model i.e extra long ,high roof ,3.5t is £29,975 +vat + modifications specific to use ,the 5 ton version is £35,000
so yes they did wreck a £30,000 vehicle
|
Marty, did you click the link? The wrecked vehicle is old and covered in rust, whereas you're talking about the cost for a brand new vehicle ???
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 17:16.
|