Students Rioting in London.
13-12-2010, 21:05
|
#601
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Half in the corporeal, half in the etheral
Posts: 37,182
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
But there is no certainty that he did that.
|
I know - I'm not saying he did. But unlike you I'm not forming my opinion of this based on weak 'evidence'. Nothing wrong with robustly defending your stance but you have to admit you are forming your view on the very 'evidence' that you're telling us is anecdotal.
That screams of the double standards you claim to be against.
__________________
Heavy Is The Crown
|
|
|
13-12-2010, 21:06
|
#602
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,375
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J
But in a debate it is customary to answer questions as well as ask them.. 
|
I agree, if I have missed any questions, I am sorry and I will do my best to answer them.
---------- Post added at 22:06 ---------- Previous post was at 22:05 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh
Disgracefull behaviour by the police ...fancy defending themselves from steel bars and steel fences with riot shields and helmets ,that must be against the stoodents right to gbh a copper 
|
There really is not justifiable reason for them to behave that way.
The students that is, not the police.
|
|
|
13-12-2010, 21:07
|
#603
|
|
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 73
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,377
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuftus
I said maybe. I could not see the video as the link did not work, maybe you would like to re link to a working video?
---------- Post added at 21:53 ---------- Previous post was at 21:52 ----------
Are you for real?
Have you never used a water pistol?

|
Well I can view it but it is very inconclusive because it suffers from being dark,murky and at some distance with a fair amount of pushing and shoving with bodies interposed in front of the mobile phone camera.It's virtually un viewable.
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
|
|
|
13-12-2010, 21:08
|
#604
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,375
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobbydaler
Debate: To engage in argument by discussing opposing points.
Refusing to answer questions posed by the other party does not promote a meaningful debate IMO...
|
What questions have I refused to answer? I will answer the questions I can and I apologise if I have missed any.
|
|
|
13-12-2010, 21:09
|
#605
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J
Well I can view it but it is very inconclusive because it suffers from being dark,murky and at some distance with a fair amount of pushing and shoving with bodies interposed in front of the mobile phone camera.It's virtually un viewable.
|
Well that tells me as much as the video would have. Thank you Maggy
I therefore stand by my initial comments.
|
|
|
|
13-12-2010, 21:09
|
#606
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Half in the corporeal, half in the etheral
Posts: 37,182
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
What questions have I refused to answer?
|
Sheeeesh, how long do you have?
__________________
Heavy Is The Crown
|
|
|
13-12-2010, 21:12
|
#607
|
|
Guest
Location: newcastle upon tyne
Services: Sky Q silver bundle
Sky Q 2TB box
Sky Q mini box
Sky fibre unlimited
Sky Talk evenings and week
Posts: n/a
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
Anyhoo ,if Mr wheel chair is such a helpless character then why is he placed in the firing line , as in nomads piccy , in that one he's in front of a pack of baying animals armed with sticks,bars and god knows what else ,
nice place to put you're crippled brother i don't think
|
|
|
|
13-12-2010, 21:13
|
#608
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh
Anyhoo ,if Mr wheel chair is such a helpless character then why is he placed in the firing line , as in nomads piccy , in that one he's in front of a pack of baying animals armed with sticks,bars and god knows what else ,
nice place to put you're crippled brother i don't think 
|
It does make for a good picture though, for some
|
|
|
|
13-12-2010, 21:14
|
#609
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,375
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh
I will ask again ,please show some clear evidence that he was thrown/dragged from his chair,your opinion that he was is not evidence ,that is you slandering the police
|
Did you not watch the video in the link posted by Gary L?
|
|
|
13-12-2010, 21:14
|
#610
|
|
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 73
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,377
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh
Anyhoo ,if Mr wheel chair is such a helpless character then why is he placed in the firing line , as in nomads piccy , in that one he's in front of a pack of baying animals armed with sticks,bars and god knows what else ,
nice place to put you're crippled brother i don't think 
|
It has to be said that a wheel chair can cause a nice bruise or two if rammed into legs or run over toes and used as a battering ram it might just get you through a thin blue line.
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
|
|
|
13-12-2010, 21:16
|
#611
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,375
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
I am working at about thirty posts behind everybody else, I will get through as many as I can, but there are few things I need to attended to, I will return soon.
|
|
|
13-12-2010, 21:18
|
#612
|
|
Guest
Location: newcastle upon tyne
Services: Sky Q silver bundle
Sky Q 2TB box
Sky Q mini box
Sky fibre unlimited
Sky Talk evenings and week
Posts: n/a
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J
It has to be said that a wheel chair can cause a nice bruise or two if rammed into legs or run over toes and used as a battering ram it might just get you through a thin blue line.
|
aaahhh so he wasn't just out for a innocent non-violent peacefull walk then
|
|
|
|
13-12-2010, 21:18
|
#613
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
I am working at about thirty posts behind everybody else, I will get through as many as I can, but there are few things I need to attended to, I will return soon.
|
Maybe that should tell you something, perhaps?
|
|
|
|
13-12-2010, 21:19
|
#614
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV
XL Phone
30Mb Superhub
Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
We have all seen the previous demonstrations and the riots that went with them, so any wheelchair user that goes to the next demonstration knows exactly what they are letting themselves in for, therefore I have no pity for them whatsoever.
Before anyone posts a retort about wheelchair users my brother has never walked since birth and uses a wheelchair every single day, so I know a lot more about using a wheelchair than most people and you never put yourself up for it unless you are very, very stupid.
|
|
|
13-12-2010, 21:28
|
#615
|
|
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 73
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,377
|
Re: Students Rioting in London.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
Did you not watch the video in the link posted by Gary L?
|
I did and I can't discern anything in the video.It's not very clear and in fact is very bad as a source of evidence.
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 16:42.
|