Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
20-07-2010, 09:41
|
#2191
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 29
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
works out far cheaper for me to join Sky. £7 for 2 sports channels and no 3 or 4? I know full well Sky will move as much as possible onto those 2 channels and alas due to my love for football I will have to move to them. Ofcom? don't make me laugh. I'm paying the same as I did last year for SD and now £7 more if I want just 2 of the sports channels in HD.
Yes Sky charge £10 but they have far more HD channels than Virgin. I'm gutted. Own goal VM!
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 09:41
|
#2192
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2007
Services: 500GB TiVo (TV M), BB 100Mb, Phone M
Posts: 141
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin
As has been discussed ad nauseam before, that price is the 'discounted' price within a bundle with other services. TV XL shows as £24.50 on EVERYONE'S bill before discounts are applied.
|
It doesn't show as £24.50 on my bill, it's £29.00. It's only £23.00 if you pay another £11.99 for their rubbish telephone service. So the minimum charge for XL TV is £29.00.
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 09:43
|
#2193
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,070
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashmills
It doesn't show as £24.50 on my bill, it's £29.00. It's only £23.00 if you pay another £11.99 for their rubbish telephone service. So the minimum charge for XL TV is £29.00.
|
Apologies. I forgot about STANDALONE TV. You actually mean that the MAXIMUM charge for TV XL is £29.
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 09:44
|
#2194
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin
For those that are angry/disappointed/...... with this charge to get HD premium channels, the way forward is simple.
Compare costs for your requirements across the various suppliers and choose the package that suits you.
There's no point in getting upset with Virgin Media if the cost is the same or more for your requirements with Sky/BT Vision/......
|
Which is fantastic news fo rthose who can actually get Sky... I can't... Damn trees...
BT Vision is crap.
I have NO choice.
|
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 09:45
|
#2195
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2005
Age: 51
Services: ntl digital/broadband
Posts: 425
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Does anyone know if Virgin will be getting any of the sky shows on demand as part of their deal with sky,
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 09:45
|
#2196
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,070
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan2801
works out far cheaper for me to join Sky. £7 for 2 sports channels and no 3 or 4? I know full well Sky will move as much as possible onto those 2 channels and alas due to my love for football I will have to move to them. Ofcom? don't make me laugh. I'm paying the same as I did last year for SD and now £7 more if I want just 2 of the sports channels in HD.
Yes Sky charge £10 but they have far more HD channels than Virgin. I'm gutted. Own goal VM!
|
If you are correct that it works out 'far cheaper' for you then you should be with Sky as soon as possible and hope that you have got your calculations right.
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 09:45
|
#2197
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester
Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
Posts: 17,929
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r
Those prices say nothing about VIP customers
|
Then the statement on the previous page applies: http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html...ow-to-buy.html
You can get Sky Premium channels with or without HD. Watching in HD costs just £7 a month for each set top box you want to use. Your Sky Premium channels will be available in standard definition on all your Virgin set top boxes whichever option you choose.
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 09:48
|
#2198
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,070
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobes
Which is fantastic news fo rthose who can actually get Sky... I can't... Damn trees...
BT Vision is crap.
I have NO choice.
|
Of course you have a choice! If you are not happy with the cost then don't spend it.
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 09:48
|
#2199
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 29
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin
If you are correct that it works out 'far cheaper' for you then you should be with Sky as soon as possible and hope that you have got your calculations right.
|
I am moving in a very disgruntled manner. I loathe Sky but VM are proving themselves to be no better.
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 09:49
|
#2200
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,070
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan2801
I am moving in a very disgruntled manner. I loathe Sky but VM are proving themselves to be no better.
|
I wish you well and hope that the grass is indeed greener on the other side of the fence.
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 09:54
|
#2201
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2007
Services: 500GB TiVo (TV M), BB 100Mb, Phone M
Posts: 141
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin
Apologies. I forgot about STANDALONE TV. You actually mean that the MAXIMUM charge for TV XL is £29.
|
I'm sorry but it is the MINIMUM charge as you can't pay less without paying more!
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 09:55
|
#2202
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin
Of course you have a choice! If you are not happy with the cost then don't spend it.
|
Tut, no. I have no choice which service I use. OBVIOULSY I have a choice what package I have...at least try to pay attention.
|
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 09:57
|
#2203
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Bromley
Age: 48
Posts: 2,688
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan2801
I am moving in a very disgruntled manner. I loathe Sky but VM are proving themselves to be no better.
|
the £7 charge has been Set by Sky.
If people are unhappy about this try talking to OFCOM
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 09:59
|
#2204
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,070
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashmills
I'm sorry but it is the MINIMUM charge as you can't pay less without paying more!
|
I agree that it is the MINIMUM charge for STANDALONE TV XL but it is also the MAXIMUM charge for TV XL.
Didn't physicists have a similar problem with the dual nature of light, being both particulate and wavelike at the same time?
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 10:02
|
#2205
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 29
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherer
the £7 charge has been Set by Sky.
If people are unhappy about this try talking to OFCOM
|
And? Ofcom are a waste of space. I'm a consumer and I refuse to give Virgin any loyalty when they give me none. (been with them 10+ years since Telewest) It is cheaper for me to move to Sky and get ALL Sky Sports channels in HD plus far more HD channels.
If this £7 charge is Sky's doing then they have royally shafted VM who have been made to look like mugs and expect us to pay for it.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 23:21.
|