Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 20-07-2010, 09:41   #2191
ryan2801
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 29
ryan2801 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II

works out far cheaper for me to join Sky. £7 for 2 sports channels and no 3 or 4? I know full well Sky will move as much as possible onto those 2 channels and alas due to my love for football I will have to move to them. Ofcom? don't make me laugh. I'm paying the same as I did last year for SD and now £7 more if I want just 2 of the sports channels in HD.

Yes Sky charge £10 but they have far more HD channels than Virgin. I'm gutted. Own goal VM!
ryan2801 is offline  
Advertisement
Old 20-07-2010, 09:41   #2192
nashmills
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Services: 500GB TiVo (TV M), BB 100Mb, Phone M
Posts: 141
nashmills has a spectacular aura about themnashmills has a spectacular aura about themnashmills has a spectacular aura about themnashmills has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
As has been discussed ad nauseam before, that price is the 'discounted' price within a bundle with other services. TV XL shows as £24.50 on EVERYONE'S bill before discounts are applied.
It doesn't show as £24.50 on my bill, it's £29.00. It's only £23.00 if you pay another £11.99 for their rubbish telephone service. So the minimum charge for XL TV is £29.00.
nashmills is offline  
Old 20-07-2010, 09:43   #2193
RobboEdin
Inactive
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,070
RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashmills View Post
It doesn't show as £24.50 on my bill, it's £29.00. It's only £23.00 if you pay another £11.99 for their rubbish telephone service. So the minimum charge for XL TV is £29.00.
Apologies. I forgot about STANDALONE TV. You actually mean that the MAXIMUM charge for TV XL is £29.
RobboEdin is offline  
Old 20-07-2010, 09:44   #2194
Mobes
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
For those that are angry/disappointed/...... with this charge to get HD premium channels, the way forward is simple.

Compare costs for your requirements across the various suppliers and choose the package that suits you.

There's no point in getting upset with Virgin Media if the cost is the same or more for your requirements with Sky/BT Vision/......
Which is fantastic news fo rthose who can actually get Sky... I can't... Damn trees...

BT Vision is crap.

I have NO choice.
 
Old 20-07-2010, 09:45   #2195
freakgirl
Inactive
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Age: 51
Services: ntl digital/broadband
Posts: 425
freakgirl is just really nicefreakgirl is just really nicefreakgirl is just really nicefreakgirl is just really nicefreakgirl is just really nicefreakgirl is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to freakgirl
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II

Does anyone know if Virgin will be getting any of the sky shows on demand as part of their deal with sky,
freakgirl is offline  
Old 20-07-2010, 09:45   #2196
RobboEdin
Inactive
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,070
RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan2801 View Post
works out far cheaper for me to join Sky. £7 for 2 sports channels and no 3 or 4? I know full well Sky will move as much as possible onto those 2 channels and alas due to my love for football I will have to move to them. Ofcom? don't make me laugh. I'm paying the same as I did last year for SD and now £7 more if I want just 2 of the sports channels in HD.

Yes Sky charge £10 but they have far more HD channels than Virgin. I'm gutted. Own goal VM!
If you are correct that it works out 'far cheaper' for you then you should be with Sky as soon as possible and hope that you have got your calculations right.
RobboEdin is offline  
Old 20-07-2010, 09:45   #2197
BenMcr
Inactive
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester
Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
Posts: 17,929
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Those prices say nothing about VIP customers
Then the statement on the previous page applies: http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html...ow-to-buy.html

You can get Sky Premium channels with or without HD. Watching in HD costs just £7 a month for each set top box you want to use. Your Sky Premium channels will be available in standard definition on all your Virgin set top boxes whichever option you choose.
BenMcr is offline  
Old 20-07-2010, 09:48   #2198
RobboEdin
Inactive
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,070
RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobes View Post
Which is fantastic news fo rthose who can actually get Sky... I can't... Damn trees...

BT Vision is crap.

I have NO choice.
Of course you have a choice! If you are not happy with the cost then don't spend it.
RobboEdin is offline  
Old 20-07-2010, 09:48   #2199
ryan2801
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 29
ryan2801 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
If you are correct that it works out 'far cheaper' for you then you should be with Sky as soon as possible and hope that you have got your calculations right.

I am moving in a very disgruntled manner. I loathe Sky but VM are proving themselves to be no better.
ryan2801 is offline  
Old 20-07-2010, 09:49   #2200
RobboEdin
Inactive
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,070
RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan2801 View Post
I am moving in a very disgruntled manner. I loathe Sky but VM are proving themselves to be no better.
I wish you well and hope that the grass is indeed greener on the other side of the fence.
RobboEdin is offline  
Old 20-07-2010, 09:54   #2201
nashmills
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Services: 500GB TiVo (TV M), BB 100Mb, Phone M
Posts: 141
nashmills has a spectacular aura about themnashmills has a spectacular aura about themnashmills has a spectacular aura about themnashmills has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Apologies. I forgot about STANDALONE TV. You actually mean that the MAXIMUM charge for TV XL is £29.
I'm sorry but it is the MINIMUM charge as you can't pay less without paying more!
nashmills is offline  
Old 20-07-2010, 09:55   #2202
Mobes
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Of course you have a choice! If you are not happy with the cost then don't spend it.
Tut, no. I have no choice which service I use. OBVIOULSY I have a choice what package I have...at least try to pay attention.
 
Old 20-07-2010, 09:57   #2203
sherer
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Bromley
Age: 48
Posts: 2,688
sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan2801 View Post
I am moving in a very disgruntled manner. I loathe Sky but VM are proving themselves to be no better.
the £7 charge has been Set by Sky.

If people are unhappy about this try talking to OFCOM
sherer is offline  
Old 20-07-2010, 09:59   #2204
RobboEdin
Inactive
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,070
RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashmills View Post
I'm sorry but it is the MINIMUM charge as you can't pay less without paying more!
I agree that it is the MINIMUM charge for STANDALONE TV XL but it is also the MAXIMUM charge for TV XL.

Didn't physicists have a similar problem with the dual nature of light, being both particulate and wavelike at the same time?
RobboEdin is offline  
Old 20-07-2010, 10:02   #2205
ryan2801
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 29
ryan2801 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherer View Post
the £7 charge has been Set by Sky.

If people are unhappy about this try talking to OFCOM
And? Ofcom are a waste of space. I'm a consumer and I refuse to give Virgin any loyalty when they give me none. (been with them 10+ years since Telewest) It is cheaper for me to move to Sky and get ALL Sky Sports channels in HD plus far more HD channels.
If this £7 charge is Sky's doing then they have royally shafted VM who have been made to look like mugs and expect us to pay for it.
ryan2801 is offline  
Closed Thread


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 23:21.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum