Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Digi camera pics

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Digi camera pics

Old 08-07-2003, 19:23   #1
HornetUK
Inactive

HornetUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Digi camera pics

Is it normal for my digi camera pics when developed in 6x4 by Boots to have a few mm off the top and bottom, yet when viewed on PC that top & bottom are there?

Thanks
HornetUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-07-2003, 19:27   #2
Tricky
Inactive

Services: $KY+HD - BT Infinity
Tricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful one
Yes - I found the same happened to me to my mistake after some carefull planning to get a white border around the image (I.e. like an old photo) and found I had borders left and right and a minute one on the top and bottom...

Lady appologised and gave me a voucher to get 40 prints done free of charge, which was great as the 10 I got done were free with a Fuji voucher anyway!

Top service boots

Also found the colour quality was not as good as I can get at home (a little dark) which if you use them often you can compensate for...
Tricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 20:15   #3
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
Quote:
Originally posted by Tricky
Yes - I found the same happened to me to my mistake after some carefull planning to get a white border around the image (I.e. like an old photo) and found I had borders left and right and a minute one on the top and bottom...

Lady appologised and gave me a voucher to get 40 prints done free of charge, which was great as the 10 I got done were free with a Fuji voucher anyway!

Top service boots

Also found the colour quality was not as good as I can get at home (a little dark) which if you use them often you can compensate for...

con merchant

i must admit i aint had any processed at boots , but i have given up printing them at home , the cost of the ink and paper was doing my head in , imho opinion i find it better to save them to cd-r and show them through the dvd player , sort of a modern day boring family slideshow
paulyoung666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 20:24   #4
Tricky
Inactive

Tricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful one
Quote:
Originally posted by paulyoung666
con merchant

I was conning no one, Boots understood that I hadn't paid for the first batch and were happy to give me 40 more images. Guess there are still some companies who look after their customers. I still use them every now and then usually due to the cost of doing it myself.
Old 08-07-2003, 20:25   #5
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
Quote:
I was conning no one, Boots understood that I hadn't paid for the first batch and were happy to give me 40 more images. Guess there are still some companies who look after their customers. I still use them every now and then usually due to the cost of doing it myself.

it was a joke mate , sorry i forgot the laughing smilie of the end of my post , i would have done the same as you btw
Old 08-07-2003, 21:04   #6
Martin
Inactive

Services: Sky Q, Bt Infinity
Martin has reached the bronze age
Martin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to Martin
I always use Max Speilman The cost of film being developed at Boots is to costly. Also whenever I have gone to Boots I'm always sucked into the I'll have them done in an hour lark because I'm in town and it'll save me another journey.
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 21:44   #7
Theodoric
Inactive

Theodoric has reached the bronze age
Theodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze age
Quote:

imho opinion i find it better to save them to cd-r and show them through the dvd player , sort of a modern day boring family slideshow
Yes, but surely you lose lots of opportunities to bore the relatives to death with your holiday snaps. You can't really visit them and whip out a DVD the same as you can do with an album.
Theodoric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 21:47   #8
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Theodoric
Yes, but surely you lose lots of opportunities to bore the relatives to death with your holiday snaps. You can't really visit them and whip out a DVD the same as you can do with an album.
fair point but as more people have dvd players then i have more chance to bore them to death :p :p :p
Old 08-07-2003, 22:43   #9
Tricky
Inactive

Quote:
it was a joke mate , sorry i forgot the laughing smilie of the end of my post , i would have done the same as you btw
None taken ... and yes when I found the 10 images free from Fuji in a sunday paper I went to my local newsagent and asked for any copies of the mags with the voucher (they only send the paper back for refunds!)

Thanks
Old 08-07-2003, 22:47   #10
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura
I use Jessops....very good service
Old 08-07-2003, 22:47   #11
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

Quote:
None taken ... and yes when I found the 10 images free from Fuji in a sunday paper I went to my local newsagent and asked for any copies of the mags with the voucher (they only send the paper back for refunds!)

Thanks

nice one mate , sort of thing i would have done
Old 09-07-2003, 17:29   #12
Delta Whiskey
Inactive

Services: 10Mb BB, DTV & Phone
Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny star
Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny star
I'm prepared to be wrong here (wouldn't be the first time :-) ).
Isn't it to do with the aspect ratio. My digital camera captures images at 2048 x 1536, if you scale this to standard photo sizes you get: 10.67in x 8in, 7in x 5.25in & 6in x 4.50in.
Delta Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 19:03   #13
SMHarman
Inactive

Services: Cablevision
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
Different films have different aspect ratios.

APS print to the correct aspect ratios if you print at 4 in x 5 / 6 / 10.

35mm is correct at 4x6 this should increase to 5x7.5 but is normally 5x7 and next 6x8 again nearer 9.
SMHarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 20:53   #14
HornetUK
Inactive

HornetUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Delta Whiskey I think thats the correct reason as my camera is also those settings.
HornetUK is offline   Reply With Quote