Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ending mobile phone contract

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ending mobile phone contract

Old 12-02-2004, 10:42   #1
Dave Stones
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband Option 3, BT Landline, Freeview
Dave Stones has reached the bronze age
Dave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to Dave Stones
ending mobile phone contract

not sure if its the right thread but im sure someone will move it if it isnt

anyway basically i have one contract with orange that has been going something like 14 months. (more than 12 anyway, and i havent signed a new 12 monther on that particular number). The sim card is just lyring around and i dont really use it all that much, so was just wondering what is the procedure for ending my contract with them? do i ring up the CS tubbies, or write them a nice letter telling them to switch it to PAYG in 30days, or what? in a at things like this
Dave Stones is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-02-2004, 10:48   #2
Bifta
Inactive

Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Re: ending mobile phone contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Stones
not sure if its the right thread but im sure someone will move it if it isnt

anyway basically i have one contract with orange that has been going something like 14 months. (more than 12 anyway, and i havent signed a new 12 monther on that particular number). The sim card is just lyring around and i dont really use it all that much, so was just wondering what is the procedure for ending my contract with them? do i ring up the CS tubbies, or write them a nice letter telling them to switch it to PAYG in 30days, or what? in a at things like this
With most providors, you don't actually sign a new contract, normally the contract rolls on month by month if you don't cancel so you should be able to give them 30 day's notice, they'll probably ask you to put it in writing, then they'll lose it. If it's singlepoint, phone them and tell them what you want to do, you should (if you persist) be able to pay the 30 day's line rental and cancel straight away.
Bifta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 10:49   #3
Dave Stones
Inactive

Dave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze age

its orange i may be young but im sensible enough to not use singlepoint
Old 12-02-2004, 11:03   #4
Dave Stones
Inactive

ok then so do i just ring CS or write a letteR? if its a letter whats the address?

rep points to anyone who tells me
Old 12-02-2004, 11:09   #5
Proppinupthebar

You should be able to just call 150 from the phone and arrange to do whatever you want over the phone.
Old 12-02-2004, 12:36   #6
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

I have my orange contract in front of me...

On the back it says - You can terminate your contract by giving us at least one month's written notice, to expire at any time after the minimum period.

Orange Customer Services
Po Box 10
Patchway
Bristol
BS32 4BQ

Lay them reps on me bro'
Old 12-02-2004, 12:39   #7
luftys
Inactive

luftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant future

general enquiries
customer services
150 from your Orange phone or
07973 100 150

pay as you go services
451 from your Orange phone or
07973 100 451

Orange sales
0500 80 20 80

Orange accessories line
0500 178 178