Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | I've turned to the dark side....

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

I've turned to the dark side....

Old 09-02-2004, 11:46   #1
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
I've turned to the dark side....

OK this ain't gonna please Neil one bit....but I've decided to ditch the XBOX in favour of a PS2.

I've just bought WWE Smackdown HCTP and I'm told it's flippin' faaaaabulous, as well as my old favourite from the PC, Splinter Cell.

Anyone else gone from XBOX to PS2 and regretted it or glad they made the change?

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-02-2004, 12:09   #2
Neil
Inactive

Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Re: I've turned to the dark side....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ D
OK this ain't gonna please Neil one bit....but I've decided to ditch the XBOX in favour of a PS2.

I've just bought WWE Smackdown HCTP and I'm told it's flippin' faaaaabulous, as well as my old favourite from the PC, Splinter Cell.

Anyone else gone from XBOX to PS2 and regretted it or glad they made the change?

*Checks surprise-o-meter (no reading!) as Neil is used to Russ getting the latest toys (eg mobile phone) & ditching it soon after for something 'better'*

[Edit]-Just wondering why Russ, when Splinter Cell on the XBOX is a vastly superior version in all depts (graphics/sounds etc) as it was coded for it 1st, & ported to the PS2 afterwards.

Can't comment on the WWF games as I haven't tried it (nor would I want to )
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 12:27   #3
zoombini
Inactive

Services: I no longer receive cable services, I blame the inept accounts dept for that.
zoombini has reached the bronze age
zoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze age

TRAITOR!!

kill,
kill,
kill...
zoombini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 12:59   #4
leodis
Inactive

leodis is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Neil]

*Checks surprise-o-meter (no reading!) as Neil is used to Russ getting the latest toys (eg mobile phone) & ditching it soon after for something 'better'*

I would have thought the surprise-o-meter would have been off the scale as he's not ditching it for something better he's ditching it for something worse.
leodis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 13:07   #5
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Why would anyone want to go backwards in technology?
Old 09-02-2004, 14:42   #6
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Still proundly using PS1 here

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 15:18   #7
ic14
Permanently Banned

ic14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to ic14

good on you russ, for doing what you want not listening to all the naysayers!!
ic14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 15:34   #8
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by pem
Still proundly using PS1 here
...but did you swop back from a PS2?
Old 14-02-2004, 19:41   #9
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

OK I've decided that the PS2 isn't all that and I'll be selling it on....

Actually I never got rid of my Xbox but was planning to, now I'll be sticking with it.

The PS2 I bought was second hand so tell me what you think of this......

PS2 (boxed) with 8MB memory card and 2 controllers, 3 games (WWE Smackdown: Here comes the Pain, Splinter Cell and The Thing.

Reckon I'd get £100 for all that?

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 14-02-2004, 20:47   #10
leodis
Inactive

leodis is an unknown quantity at this point

Good man welcome back to the light...
I suppose you could always use the ps2 as a door stop!!!!
after all it must be useful for something
leodis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2004, 23:48   #11
Caspar
Inactive

Caspar has reached the bronze age
Caspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze age

Caspar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2004, 00:06   #12
Tristan
Inactive

Services: Telewest DTV & 4Meg BB (Bath), NTL DTV and 2Meg BB (Poole)
Tristan has reached the bronze age
Tristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze age

Just out of curiosity, why do so many people (including moderators, for goodness sake!) feel the need to come to a PS2 thread for no reason other than to say that they think the XBox is better? On any other forum it would be called trolling...

Why do the underdogs always feel the need to go ****ging off the competition, no matter what? It's sad, frankly. SonyEricsson owners ****ging off Nokias, Mac/Linux users ****ging off Windows, XBox and GC owners ****ging of Sony. Why can't people just grow up?

The XBox has some good games for it. The PS2 has some good games for it. The Gamecube has good games too, and hell, so does the PC. Why not just accept that some people choose differentely to you, and stop sounding like a bunch of 15 year olds?

EDIT: And what's wrong with the word s l a g?
Tristan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2004, 00:39   #13
Neil
Inactive

Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array

Quote:

Quote:
Actually I never got rid of my Xbox but was planning to, now I'll be sticking with it.

Quote:
The PS2 I bought was second hand so tell me what you think of this......

PS2 (boxed) with 8MB memory card and 2 controllers, 3 games (WWE Smackdown: Here comes the Pain, Splinter Cell and The Thing.

Reckon I'd get £100 for all that?
Yeah, easy Russ.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2004, 01:05   #14
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
So, Gamecube next week then Russ?
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2004, 14:02   #15
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan
Just out of curiosity, why do so many people (including moderators, for goodness sake!) feel the need to come to a PS2 thread for no reason other than to say that they think the XBox is better?
Because we're people too? We have opinions as well? And if you notice I asked a question in the first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan
On any other forum it would be called trolling...
Would it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scastle
So, Gamecube next week then Russ?
Up your bottom, sir! The Xbox stays!!

Vote #AnyoneButTory