Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Is this right?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Is this right?

Old 04-07-2003, 15:18   #1
LooeyUK
Inactive

LooeyUK is on a distinguished roadLooeyUK is on a distinguished road
Is this right?

First of, I PASSED MY FIRST AID EXAM...

Right, in all our first aid box's (at asda), we have packets of condoms.

Now, please can someone tell me why the heck we have condoms in a bloody first aid box?

and if anyone else at asda can tell me if its the same at their store?
LooeyUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-07-2003, 15:57   #2
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
congrats first off on pasing your exam , second , you have got to be kidding , i couldnt even begin to think of a reason why they should be in there , it wasnt a joke on you was it ???????
paulyoung666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 16:02   #3
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Quote:
Originally posted by LooeyB
First of, I PASSED MY FIRST AID EXAM...

Right, in all our first aid box's (at asda), we have packets of condoms.

Now, please can someone tell me why the heck we have condoms in a bloody first aid box?

and if anyone else at asda can tell me if its the same at their store?
Probes used for internal examinations in hospital are usually covered with a condom first, but I have no idea why you need them in a first aid kit, unless you're planning to play doctors and nurses in the first aid room, that is ...
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 16:04   #4
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
Quote:
Originally posted by towny
Probes used for internal examinations in hospital are usually covered with a condom first, but I have no idea why you need them in a first aid kit, unless you're planning to play doctors and nurses in the first aid room, that is ...

ahhhhhhhhhh adult doctors and nurses , you could have hit the nail on the head there :p :p :p :p
Old 04-07-2003, 16:04   #5
Seb
Inactive

Seb is an unknown quantity at this point
maybe its so the lubricant can be used, if an incident occurs when someone is in a tight and uneasy situation... altho i'm probs gueesin that Paulyoung666 has got the right idea with the joke!
Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 16:06   #6
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

ummmmmmm me thinks they would be better off getting a tub of vaseline for lubricant
Old 04-07-2003, 16:07   #7
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Quote:
Originally posted by Seb
maybe its so the lubricant can be used, if an incident occurs when someone is in a tight and uneasy situation... altho i'm probs gueesin that Paulyoung666 has got the right idea with the joke!
Given the subject under discussion, don't you think you ought to define what you mean by 'tight and uneasy situation' ... some dirty-minded folks might get the wrong idea .........
Old 04-07-2003, 16:08   #8
Seb
Inactive

Well I hope ASDA remember to use their 'Role Back' policy when they use them!! {Slams the door behing him}
Old 04-07-2003, 16:09   #9
TigaSefi
Inactive

TigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation era
Send a message via MSN to TigaSefi
Quote:
Originally posted by Seb
well i hope ASDa remember to use their 'Role Back' policy when they use them!! {Slams the door behing him}
lmfao shit i just laughed out loud in my workplace..... oh dear....
TigaSefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 16:12   #10
Seb
Inactive

Well... Erm.. Towny may be the 'check out operator' could get their finger stuck under the conveyor belt, and they have to easy it back out. The rubber conveyor belt may cause friction!!
Old 04-07-2003, 16:13   #11
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally posted by Seb
Well... Erm.. Towny may be the 'check out operator' could get their finger stuck under the conveyor belt, and they have to easy it back out. The rubber conveyor belt may cause friction!!

Well that's a relief. I thought we were being rude.
Old 04-07-2003, 16:26   #12
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by towny

Well that's a relief. I thought we were being rude.

rude no , never ever , ic an think of loads of uses for vaseline apart from that :p :p :p :p
Old 04-07-2003, 16:45   #13
Martin
Inactive

Services: Sky Q, Bt Infinity
Martin has reached the bronze age
Martin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to Martin
This has to be the most weird thread I have read on nthw to date!! Congrats on passing the exam.
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 16:47   #14
zoombini
Inactive

Services: I no longer receive cable services, I blame the inept accounts dept for that.
zoombini has reached the bronze age
zoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze age
Congrats on passing the exam, its a useful thing to know.

As for the condoms, are you sure thats what they are?
There are "finger cots" that are like small condoms, but supposed
to go over individual fingers.

If they are real condoms then perhaps you ought to be consulting your personell people and ask them.
Someone would have made the decision, through some hefty laughs and wisecracks and there must be a good reason.
Or knowing Asda, a stupid one.

Perhaps they are there to infer that is OK for people to have sex in the store and its for protection to prevent any future liability

Let us know when you find out why, I might suggest it for ours too, lol.
zoombini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 18:25   #15
LooeyUK
Inactive

LooeyUK is on a distinguished roadLooeyUK is on a distinguished road
lol. nope, they are condoms weird.
LooeyUK is offline   Reply With Quote