Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | oh boy here comes trouble

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

oh boy here comes trouble

Old 27-01-2004, 01:38   #1
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Services: WNYC
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
oh boy here comes trouble

my partner's 16 year old sister with out a world of warning came knocking at the door at 6 yesterday morning and before i had time to say a thing announced she was coming to stay for "a short brake" Translation: I have had a fight with mum so am going to be stuck with the little trouble maker for Monthson end Which will Cause no end of problem for both me and my partner the last time she stayed will I can’t go in to it here lets just say it was not a pretty sight even at her worst she sill raps my partner' round her Little finger with word like am sorry I won’t do it Again but it’s a shore bet that she will I just don’t know what to do About her can someone please give me some Idea’s on how I Can stop her from getting in to more trouble this time around
sir_drinks_alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-01-2004, 09:53   #2
luftys
Inactive

luftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant future
Re: oh boy here comes trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_drinks_alot
my partner's 16 year old sister with out a world of warning came knocking at the door at 6 yesterday morning and before i had time to say a thing announced she was coming to stay for "a short brake" Translation: I have had a fight with mum so am going to be stuck with the little trouble maker for Monthson end Which will Cause no end of problem for both me and my partner the last time she stayed will I canââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t go in to it here lets just say it was not a pretty sight even at her worst she sill raps my partner' round her Little finger with word like am sorry I wonââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t do it Again but itââ‚ ¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s a shore bet that she will I just donââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t know what to do About her can someone please give me some Ideaââ‚ ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s on how I Can stop her from getting in to more trouble this time around
The first thing you do is talk to your partner about it,dont moan but talk,then both of you have to sort out some ground rules for her,not too many,and not too hard,if you go over the top it will only be trouble,
Sounds like she will play you both against each other,if it get too bad just go for a walk,it worked for me,but the main thing is talk to your partner,and diside wat to do together and stick to it
All the best m8,I have been they so know wat it is like
luftys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2004, 10:02   #3
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

Hmmmmm

Obviously it is good that you are there when she has a problem and she has somewhere to go to talk to someone. Explain to your partner how you feel about the situation and that you would like to do whatever you can to help repair the rift between your partner's sis and her mum.

One thing I would want to do is to set a firm date by which time she will go back home.
Old 27-01-2004, 19:13   #4
Bex
Inactive

Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to Bex

Quote:
Originally Posted by luftys
The first thing you do is talk to your partner about it,dont moan but talk,then both of you have to sort out some ground rules for her,not too many,and not too hard,if you go over the top it will only be trouble,
Sounds like she will play you both against each other,if it get too bad just go for a walk,it worked for me,but the main thing is talk to your partner,and diside wat to do together and stick to it
All the best m8,I have been they so know wat it is like
OML my dad giving advice i really must be a bad influence on him

SDA i think that you should speak to rachel and let her know how you are feeling, what you think about the situation etc....you two seriously need to talk more
Bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2004, 19:34   #5
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age

i will lay down the law. Be firm. Make sure that she understands, in no uncertain terms, that she's a guest, and if she ****es me off, she'll be staying in a Maytag refrigerator box. But not just that...i will have to follow through, or she'll just run roughshod us all
Old 27-01-2004, 19:49   #6
Bex
Inactive

Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
i will lay down the law. Be firm. Make sure that she understands, in no uncertain terms, that she's a guest, and if she ****es me off, she'll be staying in a Maytag refrigerator box. But not just that...i will have to follow through, or she'll just run roughshod us all
be firm if you feel that would help..but on the otherhand you could try finiding out the problem, and see if you can come up with any solutions
Old 27-01-2004, 19:52   #7
luftys
Inactive

luftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bexy
be firm if you feel that would help..but on the otherhand you could try finiding out the problem, and see if you can come up with any solutions
OMG my daughter giving advice
luftys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2004, 20:20   #8
DrAwesome
Inactive

DrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DrAwesome Send a message via MSN to DrAwesome
Smile Re: oh boy here comes trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by luftys
OMG my daughter giving advice

NTHw Agony Aunty bexy has a sort of ring to it
DrAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2004, 20:56   #9
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Quote:
we are all going out for dinner Tomorrow to clear the air
and sort thing out ones and for all thinks for your help
on the matter bexy hay naxt time you are in the chat
room drop me a line ok *hugs bexy*lol i had no idea your
dad came here to
Old 28-01-2004, 19:36   #10
Bex
Inactive

Quote:
we are all going out for dinner Tomorrow to clear the air
and sort thing out ones and for all thinks for your help
on the matter bexy hay naxt time you are in the chat
room drop me a line ok *hugs bexy*lol i had no idea your
dad came here to
SDA will pop onto messagner soon to have another chat, want to talk to rachel also

let us know how the dinner went..plz

and drawesome, yeppes i have an online counselling serivce, it's called msn messnager/yahoo messanger, you can find me there most days counselling people
Old 28-01-2004, 20:48   #11
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Quote:
SDA will pop onto messagner soon to have another chat, want to talk to rachel also

let us know how the dinner went..plz

and drawesome, yeppes i have an online counselling serivce, it's called msn messnager/yahoo messanger, you can find me there most days counselling people
we made a deal rachel is board of sitting around the house and wants to go to work so when she finds a job her sister will stay home with baby thus
becomeing a payed nanny the end.... well sort of

i will be waiting on yahoo for your counselling skills
Old 29-01-2004, 19:12   #12
Bex
Inactive

Quote:
we made a deal rachel is board of sitting around the house and wants to go to work so when she finds a job her sister will stay home with baby thus
becomeing a payed nanny the end.... well sort of

i will be waiting on yahoo for your counselling skills
im glad you came to some decisions, and i am glad that rachel is getting out and about....it will do her good, but sure she will miss the little one a hell of a lot...on dad's pc atm and thus not on yahoo, not ignoring you i promise