Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Alcohol

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Alcohol

Old 26-01-2004, 12:31   #1
Popeye
(Invalid eMail, Account Suspended)

Popeye is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Alcohol

Got told off for drinking too much at a party
on Saturday night

got told I "had a problem"

although I did not think I was in too bad a state myself

any opinions on drinking in general
Popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-01-2004, 12:50   #2
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura
Re: Alcohol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye
It's great!
btw....whats 'not too bad a state' in your book?...
Old 26-01-2004, 12:52   #3
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars

I've been lucky with my drinking buddies, when they have enough to make them drunk, they get silly rather than obnoxious or violent.
I myself don't drink much, can't stand beer so I normally drink tequilla and redbull. I can make a glass last a round, and after the first mouthful I'm pretty drunk (a real lightweight, remember that ladies, I'm an inexpensive date ). Eventually, I'll have a drink and it won't appear to have any more affect on me, and the alcohol tends to start tasting bad, so I'll just stick to redbull from then on. Consiquently, by the end of the night, I'm starting to sober up.
If there's even the smallest possibility of me needing to drive (even the day after) I'll stick to soft drinks.
I think if you're out with your mates in town, drinking til you get bladdered isn't so bad, but it's not the done thing if at a party or work do.
Xaccers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2004, 12:55   #4
Popeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod
It's great!
btw....whats 'not too bad a state' in your book?...

two or three bottles of bud
at least two bottles of wine

couple of glasses of medium strength cups of punch

maybe a couple of vodkas too

it went on till the next morning about 6am though
Old 26-01-2004, 12:59   #5
blackthorn
cf.geek

blackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation era

Personally I don`t drink anymore I gave it up years ago. I`ve seen too much heartache through booze, so I`m slightly biased when it comes to giving an opinion on alcohol. With 3 alcoholics in the family (I`m not one thank god, I just saw what drink can do to someone) I know it can ruin peoples lives. I`m sure you are not like that but be careful, it gets a grip when you don`t realise whats happening.
There`s quite a list to ask yourself if you`ve got "a problem". One of them is, Have you ever missed a days work through drinking the night before?
blackthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2004, 13:02   #6
Nor
Inactive

Nor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to behold

In moderation its great. But human nature sucks and doesn't really go with moderation. Really can f*ck you up without you even knowing it.
Nor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2004, 13:03   #7
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:

hmmmm (imo) seems a bit on the high side but it was till 6am though (was that with food as well?). I would say you have a borderline problem-but who am I to talk-I had 12 double brandies on my 18th, and wasn't drunk(but it would probably kill me now)! However, remember that the definition of an alcoholic is someone who drinks more than his doctor
Old 26-01-2004, 13:06   #8
bopdude
Inactive

bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to bopdude

Personally I know that I play \ work and drink hard, so it all balances out IMHO that is, and the only problem i've got is 2 hands and only one mouth not wanting to cause any offense , sorry to those who do have a problem with or know people affected by alcohol.
bopdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2004, 13:07   #9
Nor
Inactive

Nor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Thats quite a lot 2 bottles of wine hehe
Old 26-01-2004, 13:09   #10
Popeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod
hmmmm (imo) seems a bit on the high side but it was till 6am though (was that with food as well?). I would say you have a borderline problem-but who am I to talk-I had 12 double brandies on my 18th, and wasn't drunk(but it would probably kill me now)! However, remember that the definition of an alcoholic is someone who drinks more than his doctor

yeah - so that was over a period of about 12 hours
and there was lots of food there - and I made sure I had a fair bit to eat before I went there

but I would be honest in saying that it is rare for me to have a day completely free of alcohol - not normally till after 8pm though
Old 26-01-2004, 13:14   #11
Nor
Inactive

Not what you want to hear but I honestly believe once you start having a drink everyday its the beginning of a problem. Its more that it becomes a habit and its not easy to get out of habits.

If its 1 beer a day or 1 glass of wine a day, then yeah not a problem. Infact I think thats better for you than not drinking at all. But... very few of us can stick to those quantities.
Old 26-01-2004, 13:17   #12
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
on Saturday night

there is your answer , if you thought you werent too bad but other ppl did then you were ****faced and didnt know it , take it easy
paulyoung666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2004, 13:19   #13
Jon M
Inactive

Services: Rural BB - Radio Link via Virgin Fibre
Jon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze array
Jon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze array
Send a message via MSN to Jon M

Quote:

Try this test: http://www.alcoholscreening.org/index.asp for rough guide to your drinking habits..

Personally I think that if your liver had hands it would be trying to reach up and close your throat..

I have been very drunk a couple of times and i regret every sip. My beliefs mean that I would never condone getting drunk which is a practical thing to follow.
If you have a problem with drink, the best thing is to stay as far away from it as possible.
Theres no point standing in the motorway if you don't want to get run over.

I think I've grown up enough to be responsible now.. but it could easily have gone another way whilst I was a teenager.

I would seriously suggest you evaluate whether a good time now is worth the heartache and health problems later on. (plus, think of how much money you could save )
Jon M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2004, 13:41   #14
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
on Saturday night

The way you post

your comments in these threads

is so utterly identical to that of another member

called Peachey

that I wonder whether you are identical twins.

Care to comment?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2004, 13:46   #15
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Ramrod has a golden aura

Quote:
yeah - so that was over a period of about 12 hours
and there was lots of food there - and I made sure I had a fair bit to eat before I went there
So (imo) altouch on the high side but ntb for 12 hours (unless you do that kind of thing often)

Quote:
but I would be honest in saying that it is rare for me to have a day completely free of alcohol - not normally till after 8pm though
Me too (but I don't have a problem-honest! )