Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | NTL Officialy nowhere

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

NTL Officialy nowhere

Old 19-01-2004, 12:22   #1
willo
cf.member

willo is an unknown quantity at this point
NTL Officialy nowhere

http://theregister.co.uk/content/6/34962.html Not even a mention in the ISP industry awards. Beaten into touch by the likes of freeserve and tiscali.
willo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-01-2004, 12:26   #2
Neil
Inactive

Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Re: NTL Officialy nowhere

Quote:
Best Consumer Broadband ISP

Blueyonder from Telewest Broadband
Bulldog Communications
Freeserve
Pipex
Tiscali
UK Online
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2004, 12:29   #3
etccarmageddon
Inactive

etccarmageddon has a nice shiny star
etccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny star

I am puzzled as to why bulldog gets on this list - after reading/monitoriing their problems on the ADSL guide forums I wouldnt expect them to get good reviews.
etccarmageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2004, 13:01   #4
orangebird
Inactive

Services: Yeah Baby! ;)
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star

I find this more than a little worrying...
orangebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2004, 13:10   #5
Neil
Inactive

Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangebird
I find this more than a little worrying...
Lo 'Orange'

It's a shame that the same level of worry isn't displayed by those at the top of the ntl tree (I'm sure I can stick in a monkey/tree joke here somewhere!)

It's apparent that thay don't, & I can't help but feel with ADSL becoming ever more easier for people to obtain, that they will live to regret the apathetic that they have displayed for so long.

(Not aimed at you obviously!)
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2004, 13:11   #6
trebor
Inactive

Services: DIRTY DEEDS DONE DIRT CHEAP
trebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud of

LOL at last the recognition NTL deserve
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2004, 13:16   #7
orangebird
Inactive

orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
Lo 'Orange'

It's a shame that the same level of worry isn't displayed by those at the top of the ntl tree (I'm sure I can stick in a monkey/tree joke here somewhere!)
It's an entirely selfish worry....unfortunately for me, I only have my salary to live on - if things do go pearshaped, I'm sure our illustrious leaders have a few spare pennies or share options ( ) in the bank to pay the mortgage ...

Quote:
It's apparent that thay don't, & I can't help but feel with ADSL becoming ever more easier for people to obtain, that they will live to regret the apathetic that they have displayed for so long.
Why should they care? Whether ntl wins or loses (business wise), they'll walk away with healthier bank balances...

Quote:
(Not aimed at you obviously!)
I should hope not!!!
Old 19-01-2004, 13:35   #8
ntluser
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Telephone,TV with Tivo box & Superhub3 upto 150Mb Broadband, Sky World, & Freeview+
ntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of society

Quote:
It's an entirely selfish worry....unfortunately for me, I only have my salary to live on - if things do go pearshaped, I'm sure our illustrious leaders have a few spare pennies or share options ( ) in the bank to pay the mortgage ...

Why should they care? Whether ntl wins or loses (business wise), they'll walk away with healthier bank balances...

I should hope not!!!
Hi Orange,

It's sad really that when NTL is doing well the bosses get the perks, big salaries, pay rises etc and the workers get a pittance and when things are going badly the bosses get the perks, big salaries, pay rises etc and the workers get redundancy!

Fortunately, I notice that a few other organisations making cuts are cutting managerial positions at head office so the chickens may come home to roost yet at NTL!!

Stand by to take over a vacant position!!

You might end up as CEO!!

Have a good day!!
ntluser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2004, 16:38   #9
orangebird
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntluser
Hi Orange,

It's sad really that when NTL is doing well the bosses get the perks, big salaries, pay rises etc and the workers get a pittance and when things are going badly the bosses get the perks, big salaries, pay rises etc and the workers get redundancy!

Fortunately, I notice that a few other organisations making cuts are cutting managerial positions at head office so the chickens may come home to roost yet at NTL!!

Stand by to take over a vacant position!!

You might end up as CEO!!

Have a good day!!
ME? CEO? ROFLMAO!!!

I would make sure we had good Xmas dos' at least!
Old 19-01-2004, 16:58   #10
Frank
cf.mega poster

Services: Beanfield 50/50 FTTH and iPTV
Frank has a golden auraFrank has a golden auraFrank has a golden auraFrank has a golden aura
Frank has a golden auraFrank has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by willo
Not even a mention in the ISP industry awards. Beaten into touch by the likes of freeserve and tiscali.
Good, that will wipe the smug grin off their faces which they've had every other year.
Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2004, 17:04   #11
orangebird
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser
Good, that will wipe the smug grin off their faces which they've had every other year.

You sound rather bitter???

It's an ISP, no more, no less....
Old 19-01-2004, 17:16   #12
Frank
cf.mega poster

Services: Beanfield 50/50 FTTH and iPTV
Frank has a golden auraFrank has a golden auraFrank has a golden auraFrank has a golden aura
Frank has a golden auraFrank has a golden aura

Quote:
It's an ISP, no more, no less....
Yes it is, and it's also a big problem for a lot of people. Take a look around this forum to see the evidence

I'm not bitter, I just hope them not being nominated will give them a kick up the arse they need to improve their service.
Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2004, 17:27   #13
Shaun
Inactive

Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star

Best Consumer Broadband ISP

Blueyonder from Telewest Broadband
Bulldog Communications
Freeserve
Pipex
Tiscali
UK Online

Best move I ever made
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2004, 17:32   #14
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Isn't Bulldog Communications NTL's other trading name?

Oh hang on, that's Bull**** Communications, my bad

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2004, 17:39   #15
Stuartbe
cf.mega poster

Stuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this point
Stuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ D
Isn't Bulldog Communications NTL's other trading name?

Oh hang on, that's Bull**** Communications, my bad

Stuartbe is offline   Reply With Quote