Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Front door

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Front door
Closed Thread

Old 30-12-2003, 05:08   #1
Jerrek
Inactive

Jerrek can only hope to improve
Front door

Do you lock it? During the day if you're home? If you're not home? At night?

I don't for most part. That way my friends can just come in and leave when they want.
Advertisement
Old 30-12-2003, 05:40   #2
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Front door

Up north got a first floor flat, with door downstairs, so it's always locked and key turned.

[EDIT]
This is just so you can come in and nick all our stuff isn't it you naughty cannuk!
Old 30-12-2003, 12:51   #3
luftys
Inactive

luftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrek
Do you lock it? During the day if you're home? If you're not home? At night?

I don't for most part. That way my friends can just come in and leave when they want.
I dont,we have people in and out all day long,we have an open house which is a pain some times
Old 30-12-2003, 13:00   #4
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

My parents have this idea of always locking the front door even if they're in, but seeing as they are in their 60s I guess that's understandable.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 30-12-2003, 13:00   #5
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Too right I lock it...

Anyway - I have to really otherwise little one would probably run away and never come home.
Old 30-12-2003, 13:02   #6
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star

always locked since we got burgled , if i remember rightly the majority of burglaries happen through unlocked doors and windows rather than actually breaking in , and i would publicly flog everyone of the *******s
Old 30-12-2003, 13:02   #7
Marge
Inactive

Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars
Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars

Live on my own so everything is locked and bolted and I have a weapon of mass destruction by my bed
Old 30-12-2003, 13:02   #8
homealone

we've had two 'sneak in' thefts while we were in the house, but with the doors unlocked - needless to say they are kept locked now

Old 30-12-2003, 13:06   #9
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star

just as an aside , make sure you check your insurance policies as regards security , a friend of mine got burgled and when they came to check the house they refused to pay out because 1 window didnt have a lock on it , they werent burgled through that window but that didnt matter to the insurance company
Old 30-12-2003, 13:07   #10
virtual-angel
Inactive

virtual-angel is on a distinguished roadvirtual-angel is on a distinguished road

I live in an upstairs flat but with my front door downstairs and people coming to my door tend to think that i dont hear them when they chap the door because im upstairs so they just walk right in! I keep my door locked at all times now cos ive had a few frights with strangers appearing in my hallway!!
Old 30-12-2003, 13:09   #11
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsy42
Live on my own so everything is locked and bolted and I have a weapon of mass destruction by my bed
From Ann Summers then??

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 30-12-2003, 13:17   #12
Marge
Inactive

Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars
Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ D
From Ann Summers then??
Don't tell everyone
Old 30-12-2003, 13:22   #13
Bifta
Inactive

Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star

I always lock mine ... the kind of people that might walk into people's houses unannounced over here are generally armed.
Old 30-12-2003, 13:27   #14
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bifta
I always lock mine ... the kind of people that might walk into people's houses unannounced over here are generally armed.

but would locking it stop them
Old 30-12-2003, 13:36   #15
Dave Stones
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband Option 3, BT Landline, Freeview
Dave Stones has reached the bronze age
Dave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to Dave Stones

our side and back doors are locked permanently. too many thieves around here..

but when i am in birmingham our doors are unlocked all the time, sometimes even if we go out
Closed Thread