Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | IE problem

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

IE problem

Old 01-07-2003, 10:09   #1
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
Question IE problem

Can anyone helpe me with the following problem.

On some Internet Explorer pages the whole page doesn't load.

I have attached an example of this. I keep getting white boxes with 'action cancelled' in them.

My OS is Windows XP (With service pack1)

The pc that the problem is on is connected via a fileserver/router pc with norton internet security on? Could it be this that's causing the problem? If so any suggestions on how to sort it?

It doesn't do it on the fileserver/router.

I've tried doing crtl+F5 to refresh it - but it makes no difference.

It's driving me

Any suggestions please.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2003, 10:30   #2
bopdude
Inactive

bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to bopdude
I do not know exactly but have heard of some problems regarding service pack 1, maybe check the microsoft page for details.

Good luck
bopdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 10:55   #3
Defiant

Could be a proxy problem but also I noticed you have Norton running. Have you tried it with that switched off ?
Old 01-07-2003, 11:04   #4
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
Quote:
Originally posted by Defiant
Could be a proxy problem but also I noticed you have Norton running. Have you tried it with that switched off ?
Cheers for the replys
I have tried without norton running on the other pc - but it makes no difference.

Dilligaf
Old 01-07-2003, 13:18   #5
darkangel
Inactive

darkangel is a jewel in the roughdarkangel is a jewel in the roughdarkangel is a jewel in the roughdarkangel is a jewel in the roughdarkangel is a jewel in the rough
the banner on that site is flash do u have flash player installed?
darkangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 14:48   #6
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by darkangel
the banner on that site is flash do u have flash player installed?
Nope - I'll install it now and try that.

Cheers

Dilligaf