Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Turkey (food not the place!)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Turkey (food not the place!)
View Poll Results: Got any turkey left?
No 3 16.67%
Yes 9 50.00%
We didn't have turkey 6 33.33%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26-12-2003, 16:25   #1
Tricky
Inactive

Services: $KY+HD - BT Infinity
Tricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful one
Question Turkey (food not the place!)

Simple thread! Help me get the size right next year!!!

Just answer:
How big was yours?
How many people was it for?
Do you have any left?
Tricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-12-2003, 16:27   #2
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Re: Turkey (food not the place!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky
Simple thread! Help me get the size right next year!!!

Just answer:
How big was yours?
How many people was it for?
Do you have any left?
Errr turkey? Are we still talking turkey here?
Pass, I'm vegetarian so
non existant
None
Nope
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2003, 16:30   #3
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

we had silverside beef
Old 26-12-2003, 16:32   #4
aliferste
cf.mega poster

aliferste has reached the bronze age
aliferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to aliferste

Enough for 19
for 5
lots
Old 26-12-2003, 16:36   #5
kink

We've never had turkey..... it's not culturally traditional for us.... but we did used to have roast veal for years

I had two bowls of homemade ravioli in brodo this year.....

Turkey? Not been there yet either
Old 26-12-2003, 18:28   #6
Bex
Inactive

Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to Bex

we had a small turkey
for two and a half of us (nephew doesn't eat much so he classes as a half)
so dad and i are using the rest tonight for a curry

i spoke to my friend on xmas morning (as i was running round preparing the meal) and mentioned i had to go because i was cooking the turkey...which he found highly amusing and begged me not to cook him (he's from turkey)
Bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2003, 18:47   #7
Tricky
Inactive

Services: $KY+HD - BT Infinity
Tricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful one

Wow I'm the only person that hasn't got any left makes me think the size was right 8lbs for 3 adults (that eat a lot). The legs/wings etc. were chucked out though cannot be bothered with the old soup, curry etc. thing - Just frozen 1.5kgs of beef cos couldn't face another meal today... Had mince pies with ice cream and cream for dinner!!!

Anyone fancy a chocolate (we've got over 12kgs of the stuff)
Tricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2003, 18:53   #8
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Not a Turkey eater at Christmas either.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2003, 18:55   #9
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I went round the mother in law's yesterday for christmas dinner and we had cockeral.

Different I guess...

Not nice - but different.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2003, 18:57   #10
handyman
Permanently Banned

Services: M6 Keele
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to handyman

Went home today and ended up being locked in till I left with turkey sarnies . Still all is good as they where yummy, mom always gets a super large turkey and a large joint of something else in so theres cold meat for days
handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2003, 18:59   #11
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky

Anyone fancy a chocolate (we've got over 12kgs of the stuff)
No thanks got plenty here myself too.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2003, 19:03   #12
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

Enough of this meat stuff - Tonight it is HUGE quantities of cheese.

Celery, grapes, biscuits and RED WINE. Yum.
Old 26-12-2003, 19:59   #13
Atomic22
Inactive

Services: Very High Monthly Bills!
Atomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to Atomic22 Send a message via AIM to Atomic22 Send a message via MSN to Atomic22 Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic22

19 pounder for two adults a five year old and a baby.....
yes i love turkey for my christmas dinner
and also.....
turkey stew
turkey salad
turkey curry
turkey sandwiches
same every christmas...yum yum
Atomic22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2003, 23:10   #14
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

We had a Turkey "crown" of about 7lbs - did us for two days.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2003, 01:18   #15
dieselking

We had a biggish turkey but mainly becaue family come over oin Boxing day & help us eat the leftovers. Any left after Boxing day gets frozen