Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | CV help

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

CV help

Old 24-12-2003, 03:40   #1
kronas
Inactive

kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
CV help

ok i know i have been asking for alot of help recently in my other thread for which i am really greatful for i am determined to get somewhere in my life and im going to push for a job somewhere i have seen a few jobs on the net near my area but i need help with the CV

so does anyone have any templates or handy pointers as to what i could put on it ?

i can put stuff like i am hard working proffesional etc but when it comes down to qualifications and past achievements things are well a bit bare

thanks in advance
kronas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-12-2003, 08:02   #2
Jon M
Inactive

Services: Rural BB - Radio Link via Virgin Fibre
Jon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze array
Jon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze array
Send a message via MSN to Jon M
Re: CV help

Template wise, my CV looked a lot better after my missus took a hatchet to it.
She used to screen and re-format CV's for her job..

take a look at it if you like :
http://files.s1lv3r.com/JMatthewsCV.doc
Jon M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2003, 08:03   #3
Maroon
Inactive

Maroon is an unknown quantity at this point

good luck

http://jobs.guardian.co.uk/getthejob...540287,00.html
Maroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2003, 08:09   #4
kronas
Inactive

thanks guys much appreciated
Old 24-12-2003, 08:27   #5
Nemesis
Inactive

Services: Virgin stuff
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronas
If you send it to me, I'll take a look at it ..
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2003, 08:31   #6
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
ok i know i have been asking for alot of help recently in my other thread for which i am really greatful for i am determined to get somewhere in my life and im going to push for a job somewhere i have seen a few jobs on the net near my area but i need help with the CV

so does anyone have any templates or handy pointers as to what i could put on it ?

i can put stuff like i am hard working proffesional etc but when it comes down to qualifications and past achievements things are well a bit bare

thanks in advance

dont lie on your c.v. is the first thing to do , not that i am saying you would , and whatever you do , make sure you read and read and read it so you dont trip yourself up if they ask you a question regarding it , sorry but you cant add summat you aint got , tell the truth and try to impress at an interview , you never know if you come across as honest you might have a chance , people who lie always get caught out
paulyoung666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2003, 08:40   #7
Scarlett
Inactive

Scarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Scarlett

Quote:
I've found this to be useful in the past
CV advice also if your looking registering with recruitment sites on line I'd change you CV each week, it could be something as small as changing the layout. Each time the new CV is uploaded it will be sent out to all the agencies registered.

The only other suggestion that I can make is to push for feedback on your CV and, more importantly, in interviews. Then Learn from your mistakes.

Finally, don't be afraid to blow your own trumpet, no one else is there to do it for you. You might feel like an arrogant sod but if it gets you the interview...

Scarlett.

p.s. this process took me 6 months last time round! At least this time I have some relevent experience.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2003, 08:54   #8
kronas
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett
I've found this to be useful in the past
CV advice also if your looking registering with recruitment sites on line I'd change you CV each week, it could be something as small as changing the layout. Each time the new CV is uploaded it will be sent out to all the agencies registered.

The only other suggestion that I can make is to push for feedback on your CV and, more importantly, in interviews. Then Learn from your mistakes.

Finally, don't be afraid to blow your own trumpet, no one else is there to do it for you. You might feel like an arrogant sod but if it gets you the interview...

Scarlett.

p.s. this process took me 6 months last time round! At least this time I have some relevent experience.
thanks for the advice i will be looking to add an air of arrogance to my cv i can bowl people over on an oral interview i have had a few on other things a while ago and they were highly impressed with my attitude and presentation that i showed that was just me talking i hope i can recreate that

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyoung666
dont lie on your c.v. is the first thing to do , not that i am saying you would , and whatever you do , make sure you read and read and read it so you dont trip yourself up if they ask you a question regarding it , sorry but you cant add summat you aint got , tell the truth and try to impress at an interview , you never know if you come across as honest you might have a chance , people who lie always get caught out
im not going to lie thats not me im honest too honest at times

this is a quick rushed layout obviously its rough i just find it hard to fill it with words on past achievements qualifications........
Old 24-12-2003, 09:02   #9
Nemesis
Inactive

Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star

Kronas ...

DONT put photo's in a CV unless asked too ....

here's a blank template from mine, use if you want to
Old 24-12-2003, 09:04   #10
kronas
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
Kronas ...

ok but the problem is i have nothing to show for with regards to qualifications past job experiance so its going to be short really.....
Old 24-12-2003, 09:10   #11
Nemesis
Inactive

Quote:
ok but the problem is i have nothing to show for with regards to qualifications past job experiance so its going to be short really.....
Anything you have done before will count as experience, from little jobs to Volunteer work etc

School will have taught you a fair amount .... and it may be time to reconsider college.
Old 24-12-2003, 09:12   #12
kronas
Inactive

Quote:
School will have taught you a fair amount .... and it may be time to reconsider college.
i tried twice but my health failed me but ill try and type something up and post back
Old 24-12-2003, 09:15   #13
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Kronas ...

constructive criticism time here , ive always thought c.v's looked better if done in chronological order , i.e. personal details , education -- school then further , then employment history , just my thoughts only

@ kronas if it is short then it is short you cant add stuff you aint got , no way around that really
Old 24-12-2003, 09:18   #14
Nemesis
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyoung666
constructive criticism time here , ive always thought c.v's looked better if done in chronological order , i.e. personal details , education -- school then further , then employment history , just my thoughts only

@ kronas if it is short then it is short you cant add stuff you aint got , no way around that really
No probs, all criticism on CV's is positive

I may be older but am still willing to learn
Old 24-12-2003, 09:26   #15
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

kronas , just thinking , im assuming you arent working now , i know what you said about college and your health but have you thought about some home based learning ?????????? , if you are on benefits then maybe you could get some financial help towards it and be able to do it at your own pace , just a thought