Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | anonymous caller reject

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

anonymous caller reject

Old 17-09-2006, 18:31   #1
wilkie2
Inactive

wilkie2 will become famous soon enoughwilkie2 will become famous soon enoughwilkie2 will become famous soon enough
anonymous caller reject

can anyone tell me the number i need to put into my phone to activate the acr?i live in widnes using ntl if that makes a difference.i have looked through this board but cant find it
wilkie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-09-2006, 18:33   #2
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M
Re: anonymous caller reject

To the Forum!

I beleive you might have to phone NTL to get this enabled, but Im not sure, someone will be along I'm sure to correct me if I'm wrong.
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2006, 18:36   #3
Nedkelly
Inactive

Services: V6 & Tivo SH3 on 300mb and 200mb and a telephone
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Smile Re: anonymous caller reject

Yes it has to be activared on the exchange for it to work then you can turn on or off as you need Give ntl a call and they will it to your phone line
Nedkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2006, 18:52   #4
Marge
Inactive

Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars
Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars

In your area it is already active on your line

Just type *227# to turn it on, #227# to turn it off
Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2006, 18:59   #5
wilkie2
Inactive

wilkie2 will become famous soon enoughwilkie2 will become famous soon enoughwilkie2 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marge View Post
In your area it is already active on your line

Just type *227# to turn it on, #227# to turn it off

just done that and it said 'anonymous caller reject activated' thank you all for the replies and hopefully now the silent calls will stop
wilkie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2006, 19:44   #6
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

If you subscribe to it, you could try 1478 to turn it on or 1479 to turn it off. I think this works in ex-videotron,ex-cable london and ex-nynex areas.
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2006, 23:15   #7
Nickster
Inactive

Nickster is on a distinguished roadNickster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkie2 View Post
just done that and it said 'anonymous caller reject activated' thank you all for the replies and hopefully now the silent calls will stop

Bear in mind that Anon Caller Reject will ONLY block "witheld" numbers. It will NOT block calls from many call centres (the usual culprit for silent calls) as they do not transmit any "number information". Doing 1471 you would get something like "we do not have the callers number to return the call" or similar. In these cases you should register your number with the TPS at www.tpsonline.org.uk

Hope this helps
Nicky
Nickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2006, 16:17   #8
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

The calls excluded are:

International calls
Operator connected calls
Call centres which use a network that is unable to transmit numbers.

If you receive calls from the above destinations, it will appear as Unavailable,operator,0100 or hear a recorded message on 1471 saying 'Sorry the last call was from a network that is unable to transmit numbers'.

At least Anonymous caller rejection is only £1.75 per month on NTL-Telewest. With BT, its £4 per month and £3.80 on TalkTalk.
Old 19-09-2006, 22:22   #9
Nickster
Inactive

Anonymous caller rejection is free on ntl.

Nicky
Old 20-09-2006, 08:30   #10
ebeth32473
Inactive

Services: ntl: 4mb, 2stb, family and movies and sports collection, tu24
ebeth32473 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to ebeth32473

Call barring is 1.75 with ntl, acb is free. Call barring prevents someone in your home to call phone numbers that you choose, for example international calls, mobiles, non-local number premium rate numbers. Most parents of teens like it to keep them off the phone and to keep the bills down!
ebeth32473 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2006, 19:18   #11
m419
Inactive

We're talking about Anonymous caller rejection not outoging call baring.

All calling features and advanced voicemail is £1.75 per month per feature or about £3.50 for all of them.

As far as I know, call baring of premium rate numbers is free of charge on Telewest.
Old 20-09-2006, 21:50   #12
Nickster
Inactive

I'll say again.... Anonymous Caller Rejection is free on ntl (so is Permanent Number Conceal)
They are both zero rated on the billing systems. As mentioned above ACRJ comes "as standard" on lines in many franchises also.

Regards
Nicky
Old 29-09-2006, 16:31   #13
ntlstar
Inactive

ntlstar is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I'll say again.... Anonymous Caller Rejection is free on ntl (so is Permanent Number Conceal)
Is that 100% set in stone....
cause when I rang ntl customer services to setup Number Conceal Permanent the guy was adamant it is £1.75/month I told him its meant to be free, he disagreed.
ntlstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2006, 16:49   #14
pip_k
Inactive

pip_k is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.ntl.com/home/telephone/pdf/TelcoTariff.pdf

According to this it's free
pip_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2006, 16:54   #15
ntlstar
Inactive

ntlstar is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks pip_k
A lot of ntl customer service advisors are so unfamiliar with their product range, and this is based on my many years of experience ringing them.
Sometimes you just get the feeling that it would be better to politely end the conversation and ring back hoping to get a non-.
ntlstar is offline   Reply With Quote