Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Totally Incompetant

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Totally Incompetant

Old 15-09-2006, 10:33   #1
cyrus the great
Inactive

cyrus the great is an unknown quantity at this point
Totally Incompetant

6 months ago I was going to leave NTL for a broadband and unlimited calls package and at the time I only had broadband with NTL. I was put through to retention who offered me a discount on the Talk unlimited phone package and braodband at a reduced rate, so I accepted. When I got my 3rd bill I was being charged full price so i rang them up and they said the agent had left and forgotten to re apply the offer so they did it. Next bill i noticed some phone charges and called them up and they applied a £6.50 credit to a £15.40 phone bill.
Today i get a letter saying about a failed Direct debit for £15.40. So i ring up AGAIN and ask about the call charges and direct debit not working and I am told that No credit had been given and no direct debit has been set up and then he proceeded to tell me that I was not due the £6.50 and they would need payment. I was also informed that I was in a 12 month contract for the phone so I could not cancel without penalty( Iwas never informed of this when I was offered by retentions). What a complete bunch of incompetants they are. Without a doubt as soon as I can get a BT line back NTL will be completely gone this is the thanks for 7-8 yrs of custom. Just as a side note does the 12 month contract run even if I reconnected as I was a NTL phone customer for a couple of yrs about 3 yrs ago?
cyrus the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-09-2006, 12:58   #2
Wicked_and_Crazy
cf.mega poster

Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Wicked_and_Crazy Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked_and_Crazy
Re: Totally Incompetant

Funny title when its spelt wrong!!
Wicked_and_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2006, 14:39   #3
Peil
Inactive

Services: V+, Sports, 30mb Internet
Peil has a spectacular aura about themPeil has a spectacular aura about themPeil has a spectacular aura about themPeil has a spectacular aura about them

The 12 month tie will kick in as you wil have established a new contract of service.

Your previous contract would have stopped when you broke service, and as such you will have been regarded as setting up a new contractual relationship with NTL I'm afraid.
Peil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2006, 15:53   #4
trebor
Inactive

Services: DIRTY DEEDS DONE DIRT CHEAP
trebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud of

that does suck, sounds just like NTL to me, dump em and run. Lets see how many responses you get with a surprised feel to them
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote