Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Best Breakfasts

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Best Breakfasts

Old 13-12-2003, 17:47   #1
Theodoric
Inactive

Theodoric has reached the bronze age
Theodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze age
Best Breakfasts

I had the £1.99 "6 items" breakfast at BHS this morning, and excellent value for money it is too. My selection was egg, bacon, sausage, fried slice, black pudding and baked beans. The egg was freshly fried by a young lad as you waited. However, the fried slice had the usual fault of cafe-fried slices; namely it was crisp all the way through so that it shattered when you stuck the fork in. In my opinion, the ideal fried slice should be crisp and golden on the outside, but moist and softish (but not too soft) on the inside.
Theodoric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-12-2003, 17:53   #2
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura
Re: Best Breakfasts

Full english for me too, but I find the bhs ones a bit small. I prefer to do my own.
Old 13-12-2003, 17:55   #3
Bex
Inactive

Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to Bex

mmmmmm cooked breakie....dad and i generally pop to tesco after seeing my nan on a sunday...not the best i have had but nice...

think best cooked breakie i ever had was in a b and b in manchester
Bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2003, 18:31   #4
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Full English here as well,I got back a couple of weeks ago from Fuengirola, found a great little bar for brekkie. Fruit juice, bacon, egg, sausage, beans, black pudding, fried bread, mushrooms, small fried new potatoes and two rounds of toast & marmalade. 4 euro's. Looking at the weather now, I wish I was back there, lovely sunshine, right on the Paseo reading the Telegraph and enjoying breakfast, what better way to start the day.....
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2003, 18:35   #5
Tricky
Inactive

Services: $KY+HD - BT Infinity
Tricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful one

After stood waiting in my local sarnie shop (1st time visit and last) this morning for a bacon and tom, I'm thinking of reporting them to environmental health.

3 old dears non of which wearing hats
1 of which continually scratch her head and then buttered the teacakes
1 kept rubbing her nose with her hand and then was bagging up the sarnies.
1 dropped the knife on the floor and then picked it up put it on the counter to be washed then disappeared - only for scratcher to pick it up and start slicing teacakes.

I'd seen enough - I was outta there!

Anyway favourite is Poached eggs on toast (Buttered not marge) with a few beans on the side. I know a great cafe in Leeds if anyone wants to know.
Tricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2003, 19:16   #6
handyman
Permanently Banned

Services: M6 Keele
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to handyman

Undisputed best breakfast ever is a mega taz breakfast from caths cafe in Redcar. I think its £3/3.50

which is :-

4 sausages
4 bacon
3 eggs
2 black pudding
beans
mushrooms
tomatoes
2 fried bread
2 toast

G/teed to tame any appetite and a favorite of bops and mine
handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2003, 19:22   #7
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by handyman
Undisputed best breakfast ever is a mega taz breakfast from caths cafe in Redcar. I think its £3/3.50

4 sausages
4 bacon
3 eggs
2 black pudding
beans
mushrooms
tomatoes
2 fried bread
2 toast

Who will both soon be having a coronary event......
Old 13-12-2003, 19:24   #8
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by handyman

4 sausages
4 bacon
3 eggs
2 black pudding
beans
mushrooms
tomatoes
2 fried bread
2 toast

must check that out next time i am in redcar , where abouts is it ??????????? , it deffo looks like it is worth a visit
paulyoung666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2003, 19:34   #9
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Frankly any breakfast that I don't have to cook is the best ever.

Incog.
Maggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2003, 19:35   #10
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star

now having said that , if anyone is driving up portrack lane in stockton there is a van parked there on the left hand side and he does the best bacon sarnie i have ever had , worth every pennie i reckon , that is left hand side from the A19 :p
paulyoung666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2003, 19:35   #11
Bex
Inactive

Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky
I know a great cafe in Leeds if anyone wants to know.
there are some fantastic cafes in leeds......which one do you mean huni?
Old 13-12-2003, 19:37   #12
Tricky
Inactive

Services: $KY+HD - BT Infinity
Tricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by bexy
there are some fantastic cafes in leeds......which one do you mean huni?
David Street (LS11) two minutes walk from centre...
Tricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2003, 19:41   #13
Bex
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky
David Street (LS11) two minutes walk from centre...
ohh not sure i know that one, will have to seek it and give it a go ta for that
Old 13-12-2003, 19:47   #14
handyman
Permanently Banned

Services: M6 Keele
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to handyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyoung666
must check that out next time i am in redcar , where abouts is it ??????????? , it deffo looks like it is worth a visit
Milbank Terrace http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.c...ap=&scale=5000 opposite westbourne grove on the map.

Its far from being the classiest joint around but the grubs ace and plentiful.
handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2003, 19:48   #15
Defiant

Time to get slated but I like the Mcdonald's big breakfast meal and think its very good value for what you get. Some of these place's charge stupid price's for a breakfast nowadays