Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Insomnia

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Insomnia
View Poll Results: What are you?
Insomniac 20 30.30%
Night-owl 25 37.88%
Coffee addict 3 4.55%
Other 18 27.27%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 00:56   #1
Dave Stones
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband Option 3, BT Landline, Freeview
Dave Stones has reached the bronze age
Dave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to Dave Stones
Insomnia

I'm just wondering, do some of the people who post here have insomnia, the times of day that they post? I know i find it difficult to open my eyes at some times of night, let alone drag myself to a computer screen...

sorry to any of you who may actually be insomniacs, im just curious how many are afflicted by this and how many are just night-owls...

and yes i am aware of the irony of posting this at 1 o clock in the morning... i just got back from work though so am bright-eyed and bushy tailed at the moment. i suppose you could say my sleeping patterns have been destroyed totally by university and work...
Advertisement
Old 11-12-2003, 00:59   #2
peachey
Permanently Banned

peachey is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Insomnia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Stones
I'm just wondering, do some of the people who post here have insomnia, the times of day that they post? I know i find it difficult to open my eyes at some times of night, let alone drag myself to a computer screen...

sorry to any of you who may actually be insomniacs, im just curious how many are afflicted by this and how many are just night-owls...

and yes i am aware of the irony of posting this at 1 o clock in the morning... i just got back from work though so am bright-eyed and bushy tailed at the moment. i suppose you could say my sleeping patterns have been destroyed totally by university and work...

yes
I have period when I do not sleep for two or three days
and this is not drug induced
Old 11-12-2003, 01:00   #3
philip.j.fry
Inactive

philip.j.fry has reached the bronze age
philip.j.fry has reached the bronze agephilip.j.fry has reached the bronze agephilip.j.fry has reached the bronze agephilip.j.fry has reached the bronze age

I have a serious inability to sleep, don't know why but I usually can't drop off until around 4 in the morning. Once I am asleep I tend to wake up a fair bit but I can remain in bed for hours. It's not because I go to bed late I get up late thus going to bed later, because I have tried staying awake through the whole night and trying to go to bed at a reasonable time the next day...and I still couldn't get to sleep until around 3
Old 11-12-2003, 01:01   #4
kronas
Inactive

kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip.j.fry
I have a serious inability to sleep, don't know why but I usually can't drop off until around 4 in the morning. Once I am asleep I tend to wake up a fair bit but I can remain in bed for hours. It's not because I go to bed late I get up late thus going to bed later, because I have tried staying awake through the whole night and trying to go to bed at a reasonable time the next day...and I still couldn't get to sleep until around 3

i have the exact same problem

maybe i need to be 'stoned' like that illetarate guy in the other thread :p
Old 11-12-2003, 01:02   #5
Dave Stones
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband Option 3, BT Landline, Freeview
Dave Stones has reached the bronze age
Dave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to Dave Stones

have any of you ever tried anything to make you sleep? eg night nurse, a bash on the head etc? i know night nurse puts me out for the count...
Old 11-12-2003, 01:05   #6
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Well it depends.Some nights I can go to bed early but then I wake up at about 3 am and have trouble getting back to sleep.If I time it right other nights get to bed about 12/1 am then I can sleep through.

Time for bed.

Incog.
Old 11-12-2003, 01:07   #7
Nor
Inactive

Nor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to behold

My sleeping pattern has shifted to staying up late and sleeping late cos I study from home. I usually get at least 10 hours sleep a night, sometimes abit more. Its probably not good for me sleeping for 10 hours though.

I find it easy to drop off though, unless I've got something major on my mind, which isn't often I always have my TV on when I fall asleep. Have loadsa tapes full of frasier episodes with all the adverts paused Just stick it on, turn the brightness and contrast down to its a black screen, stick an hour timer on it and fall asleep dead quick listening to it.

Its a good idea to get exercise though during the day. I try and do 7 mile a day on my bike. Its not that it makes you tired, more that it regulates your body I reckon and makes you calmer and more relaxed.
Old 11-12-2003, 01:15   #8
kronas
Inactive

funny thing is im sometimes more alert at night then during the day i tend to think more at night
Old 11-12-2003, 01:23   #9
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars

I often work nights, so having people on here up helps
Old 11-12-2003, 01:26   #10
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

I rarely go to bed before 2am and wake up (get woken up) at 7:30am on school days.

I normally sleep in at the weekend until after 9am (but often don't go to bed until 3am).

Basically I don't need more than about 6 hrs per night (on average).

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 11-12-2003, 01:33   #11
dieselking

Iâ₠¬ÃƒÆ’¢â€žÂ¢m just a night owl. I donââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t work at the moment so can stay in bed in the mornings., Also if I go to bed early (EG 11.30) I just donââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t go to sleep. Iâ₠¬ÃƒÆ’¢â€žÂ¢ve always stayed up late at night since I was around 19, itââ‚ ¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s just the way I am

Old 11-12-2003, 01:48   #12
Marge
Inactive

Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars
Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars

I can stay up late and then get up for work at 6.45 but have to sleep very late on a sunday to catch up lol

btw not in work tomm so can stay up as late as i want tonight
Old 11-12-2003, 01:56   #13
Mark W

Mark W is on a distinguished roadMark W is on a distinguished road

hmmm....its very very rare that im in bed before 3 - even if im really tired, i just lay in bed staring at the celing for hours..... :s
Old 11-12-2003, 02:18   #14
philip.j.fry
Inactive

philip.j.fry has reached the bronze age
philip.j.fry has reached the bronze agephilip.j.fry has reached the bronze agephilip.j.fry has reached the bronze agephilip.j.fry has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronas
maybe i need to be 'stoned' like that illetarate guy in the other thread :p
In all honesty, that was the best thing to get me off to sleep.

I have tried some of the over-the-counter remedies and they do help, there was a funny thing where I took one of the boots sleepeze tablets and went to bed, I started to complain about it not working to my girlfriend then passed straight out
Old 11-12-2003, 02:31   #15
bopdude
Inactive

bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to bopdude

At the moment it's my work pattern that lets me on here at this hour, just got in from working in Slough, 4 hour drive tonight, now sat here with a beer in one hand and typing with the other...lol
Closed Thread