Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Singlepoint

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Singlepoint

Old 10-12-2003, 09:00   #1
virtual-angel
Inactive

virtual-angel is on a distinguished roadvirtual-angel is on a distinguished road
Angry Singlepoint

Hey people, has anyone ever had any experience with Singlepoint messing up your mobile phone bills?

I recently upgraded my samsung t100 to a free nokia 7210 with quite a good deal as my contract had expired and low and behold, £160 was taken from my bank yesterday as payment for this free phone.

As you can imagine im pretty peed off with this happening as its right before xmas and the moron at customer services told me he couldnt raise a credit for an amount as large as that and 'if' i want it back then i should claim an indemnity from my bank! This could take up to 14 days as far as im aware so there goes my familys xmas pressies

What i want to know is can i cancel my contract as they are in breech of the terms? To be frank, i dont bloody trust them with my bank details anymore and do not want to be tied to them for another year. Ive had the phone less than a month and they took this very large and unauthorised payment from my bank on the same day that they posted the first bill so im not filled with confidence

Any advice would be appreciated
virtual-angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-12-2003, 09:02   #2
Nemesis
Inactive

Services: Virgin stuff
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Nemesis
Re: Singlepoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtual-angel
Hey people, has anyone ever had any experience with Singlepoint messing up your mobile phone bills?

I recently upgraded my samsung t100 to a free nokia 7210 with quite a good deal as my contract had expired and low and behold, £160 was taken from my bank yesterday as payment for this free phone.

As you can imagine im pretty peed off with this happening as its right before xmas and the moron at customer services told me he couldnt raise a credit for an amount as large as that and 'if' i want it back then i should claim an indemnity from my bank! This could take up to 14 days as far as im aware so there goes my familys xmas pressies

What i want to know is can i cancel my contract as they are in breech of the terms? To be frank, i dont bloody trust them with my bank details anymore and do not want to be tied to them for another year. Ive had the phone less than a month and they took this very large and unauthorised payment from my bank on the same day that they posted the first bill so im not filled with confidence

IMO they are fobbing you off .... DEMAND that the money be put back in your account, even speak to your bank to see what they can do. They should be able to refund ANY amount that was taken illegally.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 09:06   #3
TigaSefi
Inactive

TigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation era
Send a message via MSN to TigaSefi

Thank god I got out of my contract when I did. I felt very iffy about it when i tried to upgrade my phone earlier this year. I said ******** to that that and went with T Mobile.
TigaSefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 09:07   #4
smicer07
Inactive

smicer07 has reached the bronze age
smicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via AIM to smicer07 Send a message via MSN to smicer07 Send a message via Yahoo to smicer07

Not had any "problems" with their billing, but they are a dreadful company to deal with if anything goes wrong, or if you want to leave them. Never stop pestering you, then when you try to contact them, you can't get through to a human being.
smicer07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 09:20   #5
allanprg
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Superhub 30mb, Digital tv & phone
allanprg is just really niceallanprg is just really niceallanprg is just really niceallanprg is just really niceallanprg is just really niceallanprg is just really nice

Yes I'm with Singlepoint. been with them since 97. I'm just thinking of chucking them in and looking around for another company. Although I never had much trouble with them.
allanprg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 09:40   #6
sav_c
Inactive

sav_c is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: Singlepoint

I'm with them and they call me on the landline once a week to offer me a Homeline package to save money on BT calls. When I point out that I use THEIR mobile contract to make off peak calls - using the free minutes, they say OK and hang up. Then call back a week later!
sav_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 10:08   #7
Shaun
Inactive

Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtual-angel

Phone you bank mate, under the direct debit guarantee they HAVE to refund the amount back to your account on the same day, and then they have to charge it back to single-point. This is designed so the customer never gets out of pocket. HTH
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 10:12   #8
peachey
Permanently Banned

peachey is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellwear
Phone you bank mate, under the direct debit guarantee they HAVE to refund the amount back to your account on the same day, and then they have to charge it back to single-point. This is designed so the customer never gets out of pocket. HTH

I had all manner of aggro with them
after saying I had been mislead
about text message billing
and cancelled my payment method

a woman kept ringing me up giving me an earful

real rude she was - so I told her to f*ck off and that was the end of that
peachey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 11:10   #9
Bifta
Inactive

Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star

Singlepoint are a bunch of useless turds. I've been waiting for 4-5 months now for a pro-forma invoice to pay off the contract I have with them. Every single month they manage to send me incorrect bills with (normally) 4 or 5 "admin charges" because apparently I pay by credit card, every month I have to hassle them about it.

As for the 7210 being a "free phone" upgrade, I was told by them when I upgraded that they didn't do free upgrades any more and that they just give you a bit of money off the new handset ... all this after me paying their pathetic "phone for life" fee every month.
Bifta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 14:21   #10
asdf
Inactive

asdf will become famous soon enoughasdf will become famous soon enoughasdf will become famous soon enough

Singlepoint are like ntl. They are great if nothing goes wrong, but once something does go wrong it's an absolute nightmare to get it sorted.

Thankfully I knwo someone that works there so can get any problems I have sorted, but my friend has had lots of trouble lately.
asdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 14:42   #11
Mark W

Mark W is on a distinguished roadMark W is on a distinguished road

only had 1 problem with singlepoint.

called them up to enable international calling - as my folks live abroad. done, made the call to my mother, but then next morining i cant use my phone - line is utterly dead.... got through to them, and yes, they has cut me off, because i had made an international call - and thats outside the profile of calls i normally make, so for security reasons the stopped my service.... i tried to explain that of course it bloody was - id only just asked them to enable it!!! but it was like talking to a brick wall. worst of all it took them almost 3 days !!! to get my phone working again
Mark W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 19:57   #12
virtual-angel
Inactive

virtual-angel is on a distinguished roadvirtual-angel is on a distinguished road

Well, following a lengthy shouting match with several singlepoint muppets today my contract is now cancelled and all i have to do is send my fone back.

Now i need a new fone so has anyone seen any good offers recently? came across this 7250i free on vodafone http://www.argosmobile.co.uk/

What do you think?
virtual-angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 10:26   #13
Alanmelon
Inactive

Alanmelon has reached the bronze age
Alanmelon has reached the bronze ageAlanmelon has reached the bronze ageAlanmelon has reached the bronze ageAlanmelon has reached the bronze ageAlanmelon has reached the bronze ageAlanmelon has reached the bronze ageAlanmelon has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to Alanmelon

Another anti-Singlepoint message - just to warn others off of them.
When my Nokia handset went wrong a couple of years ago after about a month, I called Singlepoint to report the problem. After various tinkerings with signals etc, they conceeded that the phone was dead. However, would they accept responsibility for the product they had supplied me with? Of course not. "Ring Nokia on xxxx" they say. After using their number, I get through to the Netherlands somewhere, who tell me to contact their UK office, who then tell me to return the phone for repair. This is scheduled to take 3 weeks, so I call Singlepoint to arrange appropriate credit on my bill for this period, as I was unable to use their phone. Surprise, surprise, the response was "sorry, that's an issue you'll have to take up with Nokia, we don't refund in these circumstances"!
Anyway, to cut a long story short, Nokia refused the same, I was out of pocket, the 'repaired' phone went wrong again 6 months later, so I b*****ed off elsewhere.
Alanmelon is offline   Reply With Quote