Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Do I leave feedback or not?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Do I leave feedback or not?

Old 06-06-2006, 18:32   #1
Sony Ericsson
Permanently Banned

Sony Ericsson will become famous soon enoughSony Ericsson will become famous soon enoughSony Ericsson will become famous soon enough
Do I leave feedback or not?

I bought a iem from eBay that Royal Mail admitted losing. I now have a claim in with them.

Not the seller knows the item was lost. But she asking to leave feedback for her for the item. Now i know it was not her fault for the loss but I never saw the package so it could of been faulty or anything.

Now what do i do?
Sony Ericsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-06-2006, 18:36   #2
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: Do I leave feedback or not?

Moved to Lifestyle.

I reckon you should leave positive feedback but mention the item got lost in transit as the seller took care of their end of the bargain.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 18:40   #3
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

Leave a neutral feedback, Royal Mail lost it not her and it may have been a perfectly good item that you would have been happy with.
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 18:41   #4
Kliro
Inactive

Kliro has reached the bronze age
Kliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to Kliro

I think that the seller is meant to refund you and then take it up themselves with the Royal mail, I wouldn't leave any feedback until you've got the money or the item off someone.
Kliro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 18:43   #5
etccarmageddon
Inactive

etccarmageddon has a nice shiny star
etccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny star

if you dont end up out of pocket then leave positive feedback otherwise the seller has a cheek.
etccarmageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 18:50   #6
greencreeper
Inactive

Services: Email me for a current price list
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star

We're a funny lot us humans. We say, "I don't know how to say..." or "I don't know what to say..." and then we say it
greencreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 19:11   #7
Sony Ericsson
Permanently Banned

Sony Ericsson will become famous soon enoughSony Ericsson will become famous soon enoughSony Ericsson will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by etccarmageddon
if you dont end up out of pocket then leave positive feedback otherwise the seller has a cheek.
Well I do have a claim with Royal mail now as the seller said its not her problem. She has asked 2 times now within 24 hours for feedback.

I have not left any yet
Old 06-06-2006, 19:16   #8
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

If you're lucky you might get a book of 6 2nd class stamps from royal mail for losing your package.

Unless you added insurance, if not stamps it is, lol.
Old 06-06-2006, 19:19   #9
Kliro
Inactive

Kliro has reached the bronze age
Kliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to Kliro

I definately wouldn't leave feedback then if she's so desperate for it, and afaik it IS her problem until you get the item.

Edit; Ive had a quick look on ebay Q&A's and it says its always the sellers responciability, so she should be refunding you!
Kliro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 19:29   #10
Sony Ericsson
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliro
I definately wouldn't leave feedback then if she's so desperate for it, and afaik it IS her problem until you get the item.

Edit; Ive had a quick look on ebay Q&A's and it says its always the sellers responciability, so she should be refunding you!
Got a link to that i might email it her
Old 06-06-2006, 19:29   #11
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

If the seller helped you sort it out and prodvided you with the certiice of delivery for your compensation claim, then post positive feedback as they have been helpful.
If however the seller hasn't done much to help, post Neutral.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 19:40   #12
Sony Ericsson
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon
If the seller helped you sort it out and prodvided you with the certiice of delivery for your compensation claim, then post positive feedback as they have been helpful.
If however the seller hasn't done much to help, post Neutral.

This is what she said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seller
royal mail are getting worse, there is nothing i can do from here, if i get it back here i will repost it to you, but i can not refund you as i have proof that it is at your post office, if i were you i would kick at the post office as they have got to have it somewhere.thanks

Old 06-06-2006, 19:47   #13
etccarmageddon
Inactive

etccarmageddon has a nice shiny star
etccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sony Ericsson
Well I do have a claim with Royal mail now as the seller said its not her problem. She has asked 2 times now within 24 hours for feedback.

I have not left any yet
that's just bad manners and very cheeky. ignore her. I sold stuff which was posted and lost in post - was only £15 worth, I could have said "not my problem" but refunded the bloke because I have standards. At no point did I ask for feedback as I left it to him to decide if and what to put. I expected nutural feedback but got positive with some nice comments - only after I left feedback for him.
etccarmageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 20:12   #14
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars

I wouldn't leave her feedback it is not on that she is pestering you to leave it and she should sort the post office out not you!
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 20:23   #15
scrotnig
cf.mega poster

scrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appeal
scrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
I wouldn't leave her feedback it is not on that she is pestering you to leave it and she should sort the post office out not you!
I agree, there's better sellers than this on eBay.

I recently bought something from a private seller, when I mentioned in passing conversation by email that I had to order it that day to make sure it came in time for someone's birthday, the seller immediately said she'd pay for guaranteed delivery.

I said to her to tell me how much this cost her and I would forward the money by PayPal along with a bit extra for her trouble, but she refused to accept it and said it was all part of the service.