Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Question on Limo Hire

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Question on Limo Hire

Old 14-05-2006, 14:07   #1
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Question on Limo Hire

Anyone ever hired a Limo? If so, how expensive are they roughly? I presume you pay per hour that it's required...? TIA
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-05-2006, 14:10   #2
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Services: Canal Digital: 50/10
Druchii has a nice shiny star
Druchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny star
Re: Question on Limo Hire

I seem to remember my friends hiring one for something near £150 for the night (3hours) but this was about a year ago, its proabably best you ring round some companies and get some quotes.
Druchii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2006, 14:21   #3
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W

Depends how big you want it... for our end of school prom, we had a 10 seater for 6 hours which was £180.

8 seaters were much cheaper, and iirc it was normal to have it for 4 / 6 / 8hours
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2006, 14:32   #4
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars

You will find that if you hire it during the week it is normally cheaper than on a weekend as well. I have Googled it but as I don't know what part of the country you are in it is hard to say how much it will cost you
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2006, 14:39   #5
Kliro
Inactive

Kliro has reached the bronze age
Kliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to Kliro

£150 for 1 hour for us in a stretch navigator They can charge what they like as all the balls here are around the same time.

Some mates are paying about £500 for an hour in a stretch hummer.
Kliro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2006, 14:42   #6
DaggaDagga
Inactive

Services: Royal Mail snail mail. No telly. Wind-up gramophone. Posts: 125,837.56
DaggaDagga has a brilliant futureDaggaDagga has a brilliant futureDaggaDagga has a brilliant futureDaggaDagga has a brilliant futureDaggaDagga has a brilliant futureDaggaDagga has a brilliant futureDaggaDagga has a brilliant futureDaggaDagga has a brilliant futureDaggaDagga has a brilliant futureDaggaDagga has a brilliant futureDaggaDagga has a brilliant futureDaggaDagga has a brilliant future

Go in a transit van minibus and spend the £100s on beer, you'll have a much better time!
DaggaDagga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2006, 14:57   #7
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaggaDagga
Go in a transit van minibus and spend the £100s on beer, you'll have a much better time!
Hahaha, nice idea, but it's not for me... without going into too much detail, I'm looking into something for a bunch of kids not adults.

Thanks for responses everyone. As for location, it's in Swindon. Hadn't thought about week rate being cheaper as opposed to weekend rate... that's a good point and I'll definitely look into that.

Thanks again all
Old 14-05-2006, 15:08   #8
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth
Hahaha, nice idea, but it's not for me... without going into too much detail, I'm looking into something for a bunch of kids not adults.
I hired one for my daughters birthday last year - seated up to 8, it was £220 for three hours - and having rung around quite a bit, that was the going price.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2006, 15:46   #9
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druchii
I seem to remember my friends hiring one for something near £150 for the night (3hours) but this was about a year ago, its proabably best you ring round some companies and get some quotes.
Huh!I thought I was well paid at £142 for a days supply work.
Old 14-05-2006, 15:47   #10
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Druchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognitas
Huh!I thought I was well paid at £142 for a days supply work.
You are, i bet the drivers etc don't see that much per hour... The company will take alot of it in.
Old 14-05-2006, 16:16   #11
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

Sounds a bit chav though, used to be nice but they're just long expensive taxis for people wanting to "bling themselves up"

nffc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2006, 16:43   #12
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nffc
Sounds a bit chav though, used to be nice but they're just long expensive taxis for people wanting to "bling themselves up"
I'd take one to a dance that really meant alot to me, unfortunatly none of the schools/colleges i've gone too ever had one.

I saw one round Sheffield last night, and to be honest it looked a little... pathetic, especially when you see 5 - 10 13-14 year old girls squealing etc..
Old 14-05-2006, 16:50   #13
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Yep, I quite agree, nffc, they're not that impressive anymore when they're just used for a prom night, freshers' ball, etc... but as I've already said, it's not for me. It's actually going to be for my son's birthday, to take him and his mates to where we will hold the party itself. I'm not going into the details, but he deserves something a bit special this year and he has already mentioned that he has wanted to travel in a limo.

It might just be a long expensive taxi but it's little things like this that make a huge difference for a child. I'm not sure that he even knows what Bling means - for him and his mates (all aged 8) it'll just be a chance to act like film stars for an hour or so. That's what Bling is all about at the end of the day, but if you're too young to know what Bling is, are you still Blinging yourself up?
Old 14-05-2006, 17:30   #14
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars

Go for it Gareth, you obviously have a good reason for making his birthday this year extra special and for that reason alone it will be money well spent
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2006, 17:41   #15
TigaSefi
Inactive

TigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation era
Send a message via MSN to TigaSefi

I counted 15 going to Cardiff yesterday full of WHUFC fans!!! On the way back was funny as there was one that was stopping on the hard shoulder every so often. ( i was in a bus so therefore it overtook us several times) and a girl or 2 stumbled out to throw up
TigaSefi is offline   Reply With Quote