Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Spotted-the first Barbe' of summer!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Spotted-the first Barbe' of summer!

Old 09-05-2006, 19:37   #1
Vlad_Dracul
Inactive

Services: Dispensing wit and wisdom in so far as I am able . P3 500Mhz/ 2Mb BB when it works,no Tv,n
Vlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful one
Spotted-the first Barbe' of summer!

Hi all,just reporting that i have spotted the first Barbecue of summer in my neighbourhood. I was drawn to the window by the faint but familar whiff of a gasoline like substance. Sure enough,I espied a neighbour two doors down,smoke billowing,playing the role of hunter gatherer as he flipped his burgers. And yet only 10 feet or so away I'll wager there was a fully functional gas or electric cooker!. ROTFL.

Now dont get me wrong, I'm no killjoy and if you happen to own a fairly spacious piece of reality and are having friends round on a Summers day/eve then a Barbe and a few drinks may seem ideal BUT,if you live in a terraced row and your house is less generously proportioned (as is mine) then it seems foolish to flip burgers in a small back yard,smoke and fumes billowing,with a perfectly good cooker only feet away!

Its one of those terribly British things. We really dont do Summer very well. Its either Barbe's in pokey houses,lager swilling yobs or St Georges flags a fluttering from cars or from makeshift flagpoles planted outside council houses.
Vlad_Dracul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-05-2006, 19:44   #2
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Re: Spotted-the first Barbe' of summer!

Marks been having them for weeks lol Nothing like spending hours in front of a raging fire just so that you can enjoy badly cooked meat products whilst running from the rain
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 11:03   #3
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

If you are in a small garden I'd agree it is slightly rude to let smoke and fumes blow into your neighbours house, however when it's a one off I'm sure they'd be ok with it. Why not invite them round for some food too.

I normally stick my BBQ in the corner away from the house.
I love BBQ's. Theres just alovely taste that you get from BBQ'ing and adding herbs to the meat.
The thing I can't stand when going to someone elses BBQ is when they fry things in full flame and burn everything which makes the food black and bad for you.

It's great for parties too...I sometimes half cook things ready and then finish grilling on the BBQ and we have loads to eat till the early hours of the morning.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 11:34   #4
greencreeper
Inactive

Services: Email me for a current price list
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star

My dad's more Errol Flyn that hunter gather - a deft parry with a spatula as the flames leap two or three feet high. The last time we had a barby, my mum was transferring the burnt, but still with frozen middle, sausages to the oven to finish. How we didn't end up ill, I don't know. Men huh
greencreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 12:13   #5
handyman
Permanently Banned

Services: M6 Keele
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to handyman

We had one on Saturday it was most pleasent. A nice chargrilled steak and some marinated chicken yum
handyman is offline   Reply With Quote