Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | NTL Keep degrading my service

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

NTL Keep degrading my service

Old 07-05-2006, 20:52   #1
garichd
Inactive

garichd is an unknown quantity at this point
NTL Keep degrading my service

I am on NTL 2 MB connection since last 1.5 Years.
In March this year I got my broadband bill that was for 1 MB connection. I was bit shocked and when I called NTL customer service, I was told that I have been put on 1 MB connection few days back. No constructive answer was given about why my service is degraded. I requested to put me back on 2 MB, which was done. Since then my broadband was running fine and on 2 MB connection.

Now today my broadband was too slow so when I called broadband technical support I came to know that my connection is put back on 1 MB speed. As today is Sunday and customer services are closed technical support people were not able to help me any further. I am asked to call back tomorrow.

Itââ‚ ¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s strange but I donââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t know why NTL is doing this. Can some one please guide me how to tackle this issue.

Gari
garichd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-05-2006, 21:37   #2
cnewton2k
Inactive

Services: 100 Meg + Phone
cnewton2k is a glorious beacon of lightcnewton2k is a glorious beacon of lightcnewton2k is a glorious beacon of lightcnewton2k is a glorious beacon of lightcnewton2k is a glorious beacon of lightcnewton2k is a glorious beacon of lightcnewton2k is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to cnewton2k
Re: NTL Keep degrading my service

AN NTL call back like that is ever gonna happen lol

I have been waiting since friday and it still aint happened

They tried to tell me that 10Meg/Byte was the same as 10 Meg/bit

O the wonders of NTL
cnewton2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 21:57   #3
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

Gari, check your modem config and see what it says there. go to http://192.168.100.1 user and password are both root then go to operational config and there you should see your speed.
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 22:19   #4
garichd
Inactive

garichd is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocDutch
Gari, check your modem config and see what it says there. go to http://192.168.100.1 user and password are both root then go to operational config and there you should see your speed.
yes its on 1 MB.. I already checked..
garichd is offline   Reply With Quote