Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | NTL - Rogue Traders?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

NTL - Rogue Traders?

Old 22-03-2006, 12:46   #1
pfatal
Inactive

pfatal is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry NTL - Rogue Traders?

I am in the process of trying to have an account closed at NTL. My husband was approached by a sales team in town, and said he would like more information - as we were considering a switch. 2 weeks later, 2 engineers show up to install services! We turned them away, as nothing had been requested. Roll on 4 months, and numerous calls to NTL later. We have outstanding bills for both cable and various international phone calls. No services have ever been installed, and no one at customer service is following through and having it resolved - managers included.
My next step is oftel, followed by a solicitor.
Anyone experience similar issues?
pfatal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-03-2006, 12:49   #2
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: NTL - Rogue Traders??/

Welcome to the site

PM me with your full name and address (as well as the account number on the bills you've been getting) and I'll pass them on to my ntl contact to look in to for you.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2006, 13:10   #3
handyman
Permanently Banned

Services: M6 Keele
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to handyman

I'm sure it can be sorted out.

Makes me wonder how they could load an account onto the system with out payment details though. I though DD was mandatory on all new connections.
handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2006, 13:27   #4
hairy_mick
Inactive

hairy_mick has a spectacular aura about themhairy_mick has a spectacular aura about themhairy_mick has a spectacular aura about themhairy_mick has a spectacular aura about them

belive me this happens and the only way you have been billed is the two engineers closed the job as complete that starts the billing cycle this is not allowed but is done to improve completion the phone is proberly on in another house and is being used.
hairy_mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2006, 14:22   #5
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

To be honest this is more to do with the sales people than NTL but I would think that NTL aren't helping themselves by offering bonuses/ comission payments to agents that get accounts even if the account is then closed due to the customer not actually wanting it. BT has suffered the same sort of problem with their BB agents and I don't think they have done anything to stop that from occuring either.
Bad control of sales people and sales people only interested in making as much comission as possible before they get caught lying once to often.
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2006, 17:30   #6
kibblerok
Inactive

Services: V+ HD, 20mb
kibblerok is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: NTL - Rogue Traders?

Where in the country are you?
kibblerok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2006, 10:08   #7
pfatal
Inactive