Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | trash tv programs underfire

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

trash tv programs underfire

Old 13-11-2003, 22:19   #1
kronas
Inactive

kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
trash tv programs underfire

the bbc's head of news has launched a scathing attack on what he calls a "poisonous" cocktail of smut

he said that digital tv has not lived up to its expectations when it comes to content

a draft version of his speech contains the following points

If you zap around even the more generalist channels on the Sky platform at a certain time of night, some common themes emerge," Mr Mosey is expected to say.

He will add: "Sin Cities and Temptation Islands jostle with The Villa Uncut, and a whole channel - Men and Motors - which besmirches the Granada name."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...io/3266623.stm

i think hes right i dont watch tv hardly i switch it on and all i see is DIY shows pop contests programs such as 'the villa' the david blaine saga that was recently shown as well as big brother and plenty more TV is becoming a medium that is fed full of absloute b**ls**t and the sad fact is people watch it im mean ffs
kronas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-11-2003, 22:25   #2
Steve H
Inactive

Services: Freeview, 512k Pipex.
Steve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of Quads
Send a message via ICQ to Steve H Send a message via MSN to Steve H Send a message via Yahoo to Steve H
Re: trash tv programs underfire

Wonder why they put it on, Maybe cos people like to watch it?
Steve H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2003, 22:29   #3
kronas
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_NTL
Wonder why they put it on, Maybe cos people like to watch it?

i did make that point if you read my post

but come on programs like these are far from entertaining imo

i like something thats not insulting the viewer
Old 13-11-2003, 22:31   #4
ic14
Permanently Banned

ic14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to ic14

But if someones viewing it, the how can it be insulting. They must choose to watch it?

oh and your getting better at your grammer
ic14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2003, 22:36   #5
kronas
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ic14
But if someones viewing it, the how can it be insulting. They must choose to watch it?

yes but the stuff thats on tv is how should i put this a load of drivel i dont want to see peoples houses being decorated i saw this program the other day well a clip of it and these 2 women were going around cleaning dirty houses you call that entertainment
Old 13-11-2003, 22:36   #6
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronas
the bbc's head of news has launched a scathing attack on what he calls a "poisonous" cocktail of smut

he said that digital tv has not lived up to its expectations when it comes to content

a draft version of his speech contains the following points

If you zap around even the more generalist channels on the Sky platform at a certain time of night, some common themes emerge," Mr Mosey is expected to say.

He will add: "Sin Cities and Temptation Islands jostle with The Villa Uncut, and a whole channel - Men and Motors - which besmirches the Granada name."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...io/3266623.stm

i think hes right i dont watch tv hardly i switch it on and all i see is DIY shows pop contests programs such as 'the villa' the david blaine saga that was recently shown as well as big brother and plenty more TV is becoming a medium that is fed full of absloute b**ls**t and the sad fact is people watch it im mean ffs
I completely agree with you - yes, it can happen

The irony is, our last, best hope for decent quality programming is the BBC, funded to the hilt by our licence fees. Sure you won't change your mind about that?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2003, 22:37   #7
ic14
Permanently Banned

ic14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to ic14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronas
yes but the stuff thats on tv is how should i put this a load of drivel i dont want to see peoples houses being decorated i saw this program the other day well a clip of it and these 2 women were going around cleaning dirty houses you call that entertainment
Yeah that is utter drivel!
It does make me thats probably why ukGolds the number 1 channel in our house.
ic14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2003, 22:43   #8
kronas
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by towny
The irony is, our last, best hope for decent quality programming is the BBC, funded to the hilt by our licence fees. Sure you won't change your mind about that?
the bbc is guilty of doing this as well but ill give them credit they have some interesting programs such as horizons newsnight etc

and no i will not change my mind over licencing there other ways for funding which i have explained in the other thread