Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | NTL Home: 120 Can't connect to status page

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

NTL Home: 120 Can't connect to status page

Old 19-01-2006, 04:09   #1
Reaps^
Inactive

Reaps^ is an unknown quantity at this point
NTL Home: 120 Can't connect to status page

Hi,

I'm having problems trying to connect to the status page of http://192.168.100.1/
i cannot get a page up, as if there is no web page actually there.

It's connected to a router and then im connected via that.

Line hangs sometimes and the only way to get the net working again, is to reset the CM.

The CM is in my flatmates room, where he cannot be disturbed.
Sometimes I'd like to reset the CM remotely. Can anyone help me why im not able to connect to the web status page?
Reaps^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-01-2006, 04:22   #2
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: NTL Home: 120 Can't connect to status page

I would guess the router is preventing you from connecting, try plugging directly into the CM and trying it - this will prove it one way or the other.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2006, 04:36   #3
Reaps^
Inactive

Reaps^ is an unknown quantity at this point

well I would, but my flatmate is sleeping.. and the modem is in his room.. :/
Reaps^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2006, 04:50   #4
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Well wake him up then.

or try it during the day ..........

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2006, 10:45   #5
DieDieMyDarling
Inactive

Services: 10 mb NTL Broadband, Sky TV (full package).
DieDieMyDarling is a glorious beacon of lightDieDieMyDarling is a glorious beacon of lightDieDieMyDarling is a glorious beacon of lightDieDieMyDarling is a glorious beacon of lightDieDieMyDarling is a glorious beacon of lightDieDieMyDarling is a glorious beacon of lightDieDieMyDarling is a glorious beacon of light

I'm having the same problem, but i'm not using a router, just ethernet straight to the modem. Is your modem the Ambit 120? If so, i think a lot of people are experiencing problems with it at the moment, after a recent firmware upgrade.
DieDieMyDarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2006, 12:22   #6
sav112
Inactive

Services: "Be" 8mb
sav112 is an unknown quantity at this point

remove the proxy server in the lan settings mate!
sav112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2006, 12:32   #7
SLM
Inactive

SLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaps^
Hi,

I'm having problems trying to connect to the status page of http://192.168.100.1/
i cannot get a page up, as if there is no web page actually there.

It's connected to a router and then im connected via that.

Line hangs sometimes and the only way to get the net working again, is to reset the CM.

The CM is in my flatmates room, where he cannot be disturbed.
Sometimes I'd like to reset the CM remotely. Can anyone help me why im not able to connect to the web status page?
Are you sure your mate is not laughing at you and sat there re-booting the modem and hearing you curse....or is that just me thinking evil thoughts LOL
SLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2006, 15:33   #8
elstcb
Inactive

elstcb is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't connect to our home:120 either, thought it might be a NAT issue at first but can't even connect from the PC it's connected to.
elstcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2006, 17:36   #9
DieDieMyDarling
Inactive

Services: 10 mb NTL Broadband, Sky TV (full package).
DieDieMyDarling is a glorious beacon of lightDieDieMyDarling is a glorious beacon of lightDieDieMyDarling is a glorious beacon of lightDieDieMyDarling is a glorious beacon of lightDieDieMyDarling is a glorious beacon of lightDieDieMyDarling is a glorious beacon of lightDieDieMyDarling is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav112
remove the proxy server in the lan settings mate!
D'oh!! I forgot i'd put a proxy in, it was for one site i couldn't use without a proxy.
DieDieMyDarling is offline   Reply With Quote