Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Call cost using Simplyfone

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Call cost using Simplyfone

Old 06-01-2006, 22:25   #1
busterdan
Inactive

busterdan will become famous soon enoughbusterdan will become famous soon enoughbusterdan will become famous soon enough
Call cost using Simplyfone

SimplyFone looks like a really useful way of saving on call costs especially if like me you only have the basic phone package....

http://www.simplyfone.com/

This has probably been mentioned before but I have been surprised by NTL charges for calls to Orange phones... with Simplyfone it looks much cheaper...

I'm just a bit confused about the various call charges under NTL...

Am I correct to think that 0844 numbers are 1p per minute at all times

and 0871 numbers are 10p at all times?

Are both these numbers subject to a 6p connection charge? So a minute to a Orange mobile would cost 10p, a 10 second csall would cost 6p?
At peak times thats still 14p cheaper than NTL though...

Calls to normal geographic numbers are 3p a minute with NTL....so again a minute call would cost 6p because of the connection fee during peak times. But with Simplyfone I could get 6 minutes of calls at peak time (instead of 2 minutes with NTL)...

Does all this make sense...apologies if this is a complete numpty question....I've not really bothered taking much notice of the call and connection costs.

Cheers
busterdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement