Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Last Straw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Last Straw

Old 30-12-2005, 17:29   #1
Willc0
Inactive

Willc0 is on a distinguished roadWillc0 is on a distinguished road
The Last Straw

Right

That's it

After 5 engineering visits to fix the TV...

...THE PHONE HAS PACKED UP!

Calls going out work, but calls coming in the phone doesnt even ring.
It does ring on the phone that is calling, and eventully diverts to voicemail.
This has only happened since we had the phone number changed.
They didnt even care when I pointed this out, and wanted to send out an engineer. Didn't sound like they did any checks. Just said they need to send one out.

This is the end. Im ready to ditch NTL: for Sky and BT soon as the landlord oks it.

What I cant belive that NTL wont divert the number to a mobile like BT will do. Why not?! Its a fault, that is the networks faults, so why do people calling me have to pay more because of NTsmelLs fault!

[Sorry about any spelling mistakes, havent got the spell checker on this PC]
Willc0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-12-2005, 17:46   #2
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: The Last Straw

Hi Willco - Send me some details via Private message and I will send your issue to our ntl contacts to investigate. Thanks.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2005, 18:37   #3
Willc0
Inactive

Thanks Mick, PM sent
Old 31-12-2005, 14:57   #4
spike7451
Inactive

Services: Sky+/BT Home hub,phone & fusion mobile.
spike7451 has a reputation beyond reputespike7451 has a reputation beyond reputespike7451 has a reputation beyond reputespike7451 has a reputation beyond reputespike7451 has a reputation beyond reputespike7451 has a reputation beyond reputespike7451 has a reputation beyond reputespike7451 has a reputation beyond reputespike7451 has a reputation beyond reputespike7451 has a reputation beyond reputespike7451 has a reputation beyond reputespike7451 has a reputation beyond reputespike7451 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willc0
Right

That's it

After 5 engineering visits to fix the TV...

...THE PHONE HAS PACKED UP!

Calls going out work, but calls coming in the phone doesnt even ring.
It does ring on the phone that is calling, and eventully diverts to voicemail.
This has only happened since we had the phone number changed.
They didnt even care when I pointed this out, and wanted to send out an engineer. Didn't sound like they did any checks. Just said they need to send one out.

This is the end. Im ready to ditch NTL: for Sky and BT soon as the landlord oks it.

What I cant belive that NTL wont divert the number to a mobile like BT will do. Why not?! Its a fault, that is the networks faults, so why do people calling me have to pay more because of NTsmelLs fault!

[Sorry about any spelling mistakes, havent got the spell checker on this PC]
NTL WILL divert calls to mobiles..at a cost! done it a few times on faults where the drop cable is scuppered ect.
The fault you discribe may not tho, be a network fault.You may have a faulty CTE-5 Master socket ( the is a capacitor which generates the ringig voltage off the line) or it could be a line card in the Mux.But up to 30 other customers may be affected & a tech would have been to the mux & checked it.
But,in all honesty,it sounds like your new number has'nt been provisioned right on the switch
Spike
spike7451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2005, 17:57   #5
Willc0
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike7451
NTL WILL divert calls to mobiles..at a cost! done it a few times on faults where the drop cable is scuppered ect.
The fault you discribe may not tho, be a network fault.You may have a faulty CTE-5 Master socket ( the is a capacitor which generates the ringig voltage off the line) or it could be a line card in the Mux.But up to 30 other customers may be affected & a tech would have been to the mux & checked it.
But,in all honesty,it sounds like your new number has'nt been provisioned right on the switch
Spike
They said they woudlnt.

BT will do it if you forgo any claim of compensation, which I would rather do right now, since internation calls into the UK cost SO much more to a mobile than a land line.
Old 31-12-2005, 18:32   #6
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Btw Willco - Sent your issue in lastnight - not sure when it will be looked at now.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2005, 20:00   #7
Willc0
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike7451
it sounds like your new number has'nt been provisioned right on the switch
Spike
Thats what I thought! But they did their tests (acully two falts people did) and they both said an enginear would need to come out.

---------- Post added at 20:00 ---------- Previous post was at 19:59 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick
Btw Willco - Sent your issue in lastnight - not sure when it will be looked at now.
Thanks Mick.

I just want it all to work
Old 04-01-2006, 12:32   #8
Willc0
Inactive

Had a phone call yesterday from NTL: phone issue has been sorted, and they are looking at the wider issues in our local area.
Things are looking far better now!