Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Duvet cover changing

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Duvet cover changing

Old 03-11-2003, 23:26   #1
peachey
Permanently Banned

peachey is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Duvet cover changing

any suggestions for simplifying the changing of duvet covers?

had a most vexatious evening wrestling with the confounded thing

ended up with a sort of lump in the middle of the cover

ended up inside the case sorting it out

I was all sweating and in a fluster when I finished
peachey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-11-2003, 23:29   #2
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Duvet cover changing

Turn duvet cover inside out
Reach in and grab the far two corners.
Holding the corners, grab two corners of the duvet.
Pull the duvet into the cover holding onto the corners at all times.
Once in, shake until settled.
Xaccers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 23:30   #3
Bex
Inactive

Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to Bex

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachey
any suggestions for simplifying the changing of duvet covers?

had a most vexatious evening wrestling with the confounded thing

ended up with a sort of lump in the middle of the cover

ended up inside the case sorting it out

I was all sweating and in a fluster when I finished
easiest thing to do is turn the cover inside out........hold onto two of the corners, and put them over the duvet corners, and the hold onto them and shake the cover.........it will eventually go down....then lie it on the bed and do the buttons up...hey presto easy peasy

edit: u beat me was talking to me fella at same time
Bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 23:31   #4
peachey
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaccers
dang!

sounds so simple when put like that

cheers
Old 03-11-2003, 23:32   #5
Bifta
Inactive

Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star

Duver cover right way out, insert two furthest corners, jam in two nearest corners, grab nearest corners by cover including inserted duvet and shake like ****
Bifta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 23:34   #6
Bex
Inactive

Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachey
dang!

sounds so simple when put like that

cheers
yes it is that simple.....did your mother never teach you this stuff
although i always found it highly amusing to watch the lads at uni struggling with theirs
Old 03-11-2003, 23:36   #7
homealone

thought xaccers got closest? lol

ok that works for double quilts -
Old 03-11-2003, 23:47   #8
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

Aah, one of my favourite annoyances...

These days I get the gf to change it. That's what I find simplest... If I really have to do it myself, I use Bifta's approach
Old 03-11-2003, 23:49   #9
peachey
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielf
Aah, one of my favourite annoyances...

These days I get the gf to change it. That's what I find simplest... If I really have to do it myself, I use Bifta's approach
indeed

I find that three months flies
Old 04-11-2003, 00:44   #10
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaccers
Don't even need to turn it inside out, especially if there are two of you doing it. Otherwise an excellent guide Xaccers.
Old 04-11-2003, 11:56   #11
zoombini
Inactive

Services: I no longer receive cable services, I blame the inept accounts dept for that.
zoombini has reached the bronze age
zoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze age

Doing the above while stood at the top of the stairs can help too, hanging it over the banister rail (if you have one) to stop you falling down..
zoombini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 11:57   #12
Bex
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombini
Doing the above while stood at the top of the stairs can help too, hanging it over the banister rail (if you have one) to stop you falling down..
yeah thats another method ive seen used......
Old 04-11-2003, 12:58   #13
MetaWraith
Inactive

MetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appeal
MetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via ICQ to MetaWraith Send a message via AIM to MetaWraith Send a message via MSN to MetaWraith Send a message via Yahoo to MetaWraith

ummmm use a sleeping bag instead
MetaWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 15:05   #14
altis
cf.mega poster

altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star
altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star

Reminds me of my father-in-law, who is now retired and has some 'quaint' ways. On a recent visit he took us to the local indian restaurant for dinner. Next day he realises he can't find his glasses anywhere. He decides that he must have left them in the restaurant so rings to enquire. He gets a bit shirty with them when they say they haven't found them and, when off the phone, he starts saying they must have sold them.

A few days later he phones to say he's found them - where - inside the duvet cover, on his bed. 'Dad, how do you put the cover on the duvet?' 'Well, I grab a corner in each hand, stand in the middle of the floor and then put the cover on like an anorak'.

altis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 15:12   #15
Nemesis
Inactive

Services: Virgin stuff
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Nemesis

Sheets !!!
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote