Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | You know you're getting old when ...

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

You know you're getting old when ...

Old 03-11-2003, 13:17   #1
Nemesis
Inactive

Services: Virgin stuff
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Nemesis
You know you're getting old when ...

Come be creative ... when do you know you're getting old

Me... when I sound like me dad ..
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-11-2003, 13:19   #2
altis
cf.mega poster

altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star
altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star
Re: You know you're getting old when ...

..when you've bent down to tie your laces, you look round to see if there's anything else you can do while you're there.
altis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 13:21   #3
Bex
Inactive

Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to Bex

....you start saying "when i was younger....."
Bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 13:22   #4
Bex
Inactive

Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal

.......and you spend saturday night posting on .co.uk and not going out clubbing
Old 03-11-2003, 13:35   #5
MetaWraith
Inactive

MetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appeal
MetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via ICQ to MetaWraith Send a message via AIM to MetaWraith Send a message via MSN to MetaWraith Send a message via Yahoo to MetaWraith

and you check if nando's allows zimmer frames
MetaWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 13:44   #6
Bex
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaWraith
and you check if nando's allows zimmer frames
Old 03-11-2003, 13:49   #7
darant
Inactive

darant is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
Come be creative ... when do you know you're getting old

Me... when I sound like me dad ..
you cant stay up as long as you used to ..... unadied!
darant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 14:00   #8
Scarlett
Inactive

Scarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Scarlett

You don't 'get' the latest 'thing' on TV.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 15:18   #9
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

You say the same things to your kids that your parents used to say to you!
Old 03-11-2003, 15:21   #10
Bex
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod
You say the same things to your kids that your parents used to say to you!
i do that to my nephew
Old 03-11-2003, 16:06   #11
CaKe
Inactive

CaKe will become famous soon enoughCaKe will become famous soon enoughCaKe will become famous soon enough

...when you get Now! That's What I Call Music Decades and actually remember the songs as well as having the first one on vinyl

...when you actually remember vinyl :o

...when you hear someone doing a cover version of a song and say "it was much better when ___ did the original"
CaKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 16:46   #12
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

You hear a band that did a recent cover version of a song released in your teens describe what they did as "modernising a classic song" .. I heard Lisa Scott-Lee talk about Chain Reaction this way.

You see a "25th Aniversary" edition of a film you saw as a kid (Superman).

You start wishing that modern music had words you can sing, and a tune you can hum.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 16:53   #13
Bex
Inactive

cake this is getting serious, your thingy says ur 21....same age as me....and we both think we are getting old

yes i remember vinyl
Old 03-11-2003, 16:57   #14
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

When you remember when a "wireless" was a radio, not some new fangled way to connect PC's
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 17:20   #15
homealone

When you get your pension statement & it says you retire in 15 years. - can't wait