Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Hunting

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Hunting

Old 01-11-2003, 14:12   #1
peachey
Permanently Banned

peachey is an unknown quantity at this point
Hunting

All this talk about government banning hunting is just a talking shop sop and smokescreen

If they wanted to do something proper about stopping cruely to animals they would address the grim medieval practice of kosher and halal killings

but they won't because they are a silly and rudderless government blown wherever the latest piece of press headlines and spin doctoring happens to blow them
peachey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-11-2003, 15:31   #2
Tricky
Inactive

Services: $KY+HD - BT Infinity
Tricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful one
Re: Hunting

Kosher & Halal "Killings" are done for religous reasons AFAIK. Where as hunting is usually done for pleasure, sport or for the hell of it.

Hunting will never become "Banned" or if it is it will just be driven underground with "secret" hunts becoming the norm. It's part of peoples life and they ain't gonna give it up overnight.

PS. I don't agree/disagree with hunting - but if someone wants to get the fox that keeps knocking my wheelie bin over then please feel free!
Tricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 15:46   #3
peachey
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky
Kosher & Halal "Killings" are done for religous reasons AFAIK. Where as hunting is usually done for pleasure, sport or for the hell of it.

Hunting will never become "Banned" or if it is it will just be driven underground with "secret" hunts becoming the norm. It's part of peoples life and they ain't gonna give it up overnight.

PS. I don't agree/disagree with hunting - but if someone wants to get the fox that keeps knocking my wheelie bin over then please feel free!

we get lots of foxes round here and they are always ripping black bags to shreds - they are a pain - I saw three one night - or the same one in three different places
Old 01-11-2003, 15:52   #4
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachey
but they won't because they are a silly and rudderless government blown wherever the latest piece of press headlines and spin doctoring happens to blow them
Strange, I didn't see them get blown along by the press in the Hutton enquiry.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 16:01   #5
peachey
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ D
Strange, I didn't see them get blown along by the press in the Hutton enquiry.
thanks to labour 'not raising taxes' i am now paying £150/month in council tax so they can all retire early at the council 'on the sick'
Old 01-11-2003, 16:13   #6
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Helped one of our neighbours dispose of a dead (eviscerated) fox this AM
Old 01-11-2003, 16:17   #7
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod
Helped one of our neighbours dispose of a dead (eviscerated) fox this AM
we had one that decided to die under my sons car in our driveway - the council actually came & removed it.

- how on earth had 'your' one become eviscerated?
Old 01-11-2003, 16:21   #8
peachey
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone
we had one that decided to die under my sons car in our driveway - the council actually came & removed it.

- how on earth had 'your' one become eviscerated?

my uncle used to be into taxidermy in Canada

he sent us a stuffed fox and a stuffed flying squirell

they hung about for years till one day my brother decided to shoot them to pieces with an air rifle
Old 01-11-2003, 16:26   #9
homealone

Quote:
my uncle used to be into taxidermy in Canada

he sent us a stuffed fox and a stuffed flying squirell

they hung about for years till one day my brother decided to shoot them to pieces with an air rifle
lol - just got an image of gangs of repressed taxidermists roaming the streets looking for foxes to stuff
Old 01-11-2003, 19:10   #10
kink

Quote:
[Snippity snip].....

If they wanted to do something proper about stopping cruely to animals they would address the grim medieval practice of kosher and halal killings

.......[Snippity snipped]
This is obviously your opinion.... but i would like to know what it is exactly that you think is grim and medieval about it. Also.... why you chose this cultural practice to compare fox hunting to rather than any other more comparable practice.

Just wondering.......
Old 01-11-2003, 19:13   #11
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
thanks to labour 'not raising taxes' i am now paying £150/month in council tax so they can all retire early at the council 'on the sick'
So KA...erm, I mean Peachy, what's that got to do with the point I made?

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 19:14   #12
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by kink
This is obviously your opinion.... but i would like to know what it is exactly that you think is grim and medieval about it. Also.... why you chose this cultural practice to compare fox hunting to rather than any other more comparable practice.

Just wondering.......
Kink, you took the words right out of my mouth.

There is evidence to suggest that the kosher/halal method of killing an animal is actrually less painful for the creature than the modern metal-bolt-thru-the-brain method, which, contrary to popular belief, is not 'instantaneous'.

There are plenty of cruel practices you could have proposed as comparable with fox hunting - I'm curious why you chose kosher/halal in particular?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 19:17   #13
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars

And Halal isn't just the killing, it's to do with treating the animal with care while it is alive too, more than can be said for normally slaughtered animals
Xaccers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 19:18   #14
kink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ D
So KA...erm, I mean Peachy, what's that got to do with the point I made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by towny
Kink, you took the words right out of my mouth.

There is evidence to suggest that the kosher/halal method of killing an animal is actrually less painful for the creature than the modern metal-bolt-thru-the-brain method, which, contrary to popular belief, is not 'instantaneous'.

There are plenty of cruel practices you could have proposed as comparable with fox hunting - I'm curious why you chose kosher/halal in particular?
My point exactly towny
Just seemed like an inflammatory and may i say ignorant post... with no thought behind it at all
Would still like a reply.... regardless of who it's from
Old 01-11-2003, 21:51   #15
Jerrek
Inactive

Jerrek can only hope to improve

What is wrong with halaal and kosher killing?
Jerrek is offline   Reply With Quote