Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | NTL are idiots!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

NTL are idiots!
Closed Thread

Old 17-11-2005, 16:08   #1
azzman
Inactive

azzman is an unknown quantity at this point
NTL are idiots!

NTL are officially the most useless people on the planet ever!

A week ago, my dad finally agreed to get broadband after much persuasion so he called up NTL and arranged for them to come round on Thursday (today). On Saturday, the PIN letter came welcoming us to broadband. So I was happy and looking forward to today.

However, when I arrived home, I found that the Internet had not been installed as the engineer had arrived thinking he was to install a telephone line! How thick are they? Now my dad has cancelled the contract and is refusing to get broadband from anyone.

I am very angry with NTL.
Advertisement
Old 17-11-2005, 16:12   #2
orangebird
Inactive

Services: Yeah Baby! ;)
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star
Re: NTL are idiots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by azzman
ntl is a Ltd company that employs approx 12000 people. Are all 12000 idiots? I didn't think a compnay could be an idiot....

Quote:
A week ago, my dad finally agreed to get broadband after much persuasion so he called up NTL and arranged for them to come round on Thursday (today). On Saturday, the PIN letter came welcoming us to broadband. So I was happy and looking forward to today.

However, when I arrived home, I found that the Internet had not been installed as the engineer had arrived thinking he was to install a telephone line! How thick are they? Now my dad has cancelled the contract and is refusing to get broadband from anyone.

Never mind. When you grow up and get your own house, maybe then you'll get broadband.
Old 17-11-2005, 16:13   #3
Inactive

9083 has a spectacular aura about them9083 has a spectacular aura about them9083 has a spectacular aura about them9083 has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:

Why has your dad cancelled it...
Get another install date or order broadband yourself.
Old 17-11-2005, 16:14   #4
Inactive

9083 has a spectacular aura about them9083 has a spectacular aura about them9083 has a spectacular aura about them9083 has a spectacular aura about them

Never mind. When you grow up and get your own house, maybe then you'll get broadband. [/quote]

Nice
Old 17-11-2005, 16:14   #5
azzman
Inactive

[quote=orangebird]ntl is a Ltd company that employs approx 12000 people. Are all 12000 idiots? I didn't think a compnay could be an idiot....

It seems NTL have proved you wrong!
Old 17-11-2005, 16:16   #6
azzman
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9083
Why has your dad cancelled it...
Get another install date or order broadband yourself.
My dad doesnt really want broadband so he doesnt care whether we get it or not and he was so annoyed at NTL he decided not to get it at all.

I am only 16 so I can't do that, or can I?
Old 17-11-2005, 16:19   #7
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

Wohaa, lets not go down the blaming everbody route. Somebody has made a mistake. They should be the ones to hold their hands up, not the entire organisation.

Is there no chance your father will relent and give ntl a chance to redeem themselves?
Old 17-11-2005, 16:19   #8
Wicked_and_Crazy
cf.mega poster

Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Wicked_and_Crazy Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked_and_Crazy

And youve never made a mistake in your life have you

How about you call CS, arrange another install and suggest that they give you a months free broadband for the hassle?
Old 17-11-2005, 16:22   #9
azzman
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob C
Wohaa, lets not go down the blaming everbody route. Somebody has made a mistake. They should be the ones to hold their hands up, not the entire organisation.

Is there no chance your father will relent and give ntl a chance to redeem themselves?
No. He's stubborn like that. And anyway, we used to have NTL TV and they mucked us around then as well so he's very upset with them.
Old 17-11-2005, 16:24   #10
Wicked_and_Crazy
cf.mega poster

Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Wicked_and_Crazy Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked_and_Crazy

Quote:
No. He's stubborn like that. And anyway, we used to have NTL TV and they mucked us around then as well so he's very upset with them.
why did you choose NTL for Broadband then?
Old 17-11-2005, 16:27   #11
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Well, daddy has thrown his rattle out the pram and refused to get broadband from *anyone*, on the basis of a mistake made by one single broadband provider. So it's probably not a surprise that you think all 12,000 employees of NTL are idiots based on the (admittedly stupid) mistake of the one person in sales who screwed up your order.

A little advice if you'll take it ... try to shake off the family habit of making sweeping generalisations. It won't win you friends in the long run.

In the meantime, if your dad really won't entertain NTL again, I'd start reading up here, there are plenty of good ADSL suppliers. There is no reason not to get broadband. Perhaps when he calms down he'll listen to reason.
Old 17-11-2005, 16:45   #12
azzman
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris T
Well, daddy has thrown his rattle out the pram and refused to get broadband from *anyone*, on the basis of a mistake made by one single broadband provider. So it's probably not a surprise that you think all 12,000 employees of NTL are idiots based on the (admittedly stupid) mistake of the one person in sales who screwed up your order.

A little advice if you'll take it ... try to shake off the family habit of making sweeping generalisations. It won't win you friends in the long run.
That's a fair point but still, I'm not stupid and I realise that it was just one person who made a mistake and not the whole of NTL who are idiots. However, I am still very upset with them and I think its pretty pathetic that they cant get a simple thing such as this right and it does make me question what else might go wrong if we do eventually go with them.

As for my dad, I cant exactly force him to do what I want, however convenient that would be!
Old 17-11-2005, 16:51   #13
Inactive

Get a grip with the real world Azzman, or maybe your dad should.
Mistakes happen, people are only human.
Call NTL and find out why the install went wrong, they are quite resonable people, be polite and they might, if you are nice let you be a customer.
Old 17-11-2005, 16:52   #14
arcamalpha2004

Quote:
That's a fair point but still, I'm not stupid and I realise that it was just one person who made a mistake and not the whole of NTL who are idiots. However, I am still very upset with them and I think its pretty pathetic that they cant get a simple thing such as this right and it does make me question what else might go wrong if we do eventually go with them.

As for my dad, I cant exactly force him to do what I want, however convenient that would be!
One off mistakes can be excused, sadly NTL seem to make a lot of one off mistakes, I am not saying other companies do not have a similar issue, but we are talking about NTL here, not BT, so NTL have a reputation problem they need to investigate, the first thing they can do is drill into their staff, " GET IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME EVERY TIME "

It's so easy to put things down to a one off, and it can be understandable sometimes, but scanning through this site, how many times do these " one off " tits ups happen?

Old 17-11-2005, 16:53   #15
Inactive

i worked for BT before NTL and believe me communication companys are ALL the same. there is NO communication from the top to the bottom.
Closed Thread