Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | No Electrician Needed???

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

No Electrician Needed???

Old 10-11-2005, 22:33   #1
Wicked_and_Crazy
cf.mega poster

Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Wicked_and_Crazy Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked_and_Crazy
No Electrician Needed???

Unless this is a socket on a lead i dont think they should be saying "No electrician needed"

http://uk.aldi.com/special_buys/productnl_4611.html
Wicked_and_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-11-2005, 22:36   #2
daz300
Inactive

Services: walking speed BB and tivo
daz300 is a name known to alldaz300 is a name known to alldaz300 is a name known to alldaz300 is a name known to alldaz300 is a name known to alldaz300 is a name known to alldaz300 is a name known to alldaz300 is a name known to all
Re: No Electrician Needed???

that is soooooooo bad .
daz300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 22:37   #3
ScaredWebWarrior

Services: NTL Phone/Cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked_and_Crazy
Unless this is a socket on a lead i dont think they should be saying "No electrician needed"

http://uk.aldi.com/special_buys/productnl_4611.html
Does seem wrong, since tapping into the house supply - while simple enough - needs to be done properly, otherwise it could a very dangerous outdoor socket!
Old 10-11-2005, 22:39   #4
Wicked_and_Crazy
cf.mega poster

Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Wicked_and_Crazy Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked_and_Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaredWebWarrior
Does seem wrong, since tapping into the house supply - while simple enough - needs to be done properly, otherwise it could a very dangerous outdoor socket!
unless the waterproof box is attached to a lead with a 13amp plug on it that you then plug into another socket. It does say 3M interconnecting cable.
Old 10-11-2005, 22:41   #5
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Or couldnt you just stick a normal plug on the end and stick it in a socket that way eliminating having to wire into the mains wiring.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 22:42   #6
Wicked_and_Crazy
cf.mega poster

I might get myself one though as i always forget to use my RCD. This way its always there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon
Or couldnt you just stick a normal plug on the end and stick it in a socket that way eliminating having to wire into the mains wiring.
Funny echo in this thread
Old 10-11-2005, 22:48   #7
yesman

Quote:
Unless this is a socket on a lead
I think you might be right there
Old 10-11-2005, 23:11   #8
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesman
Quote:
Unless this is a socket on a lead
I think you might be right there
I might get one of these for my 'security' light, outside
Old 10-11-2005, 23:25   #9
marky
Inactive

Services: non wife took control
marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star
marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star

Has anybody read the detailed instructions on the product, if not why all the this is bad, and the wiring it to the box stuff.

I for one bet it has a plug fitted, with warnings about removing it
marky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 23:34   #10
Wicked_and_Crazy
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky
Has anybody read the detailed instructions on the product, if not why all the this is bad, and the wiring it to the box stuff.

I for one bet it has a plug fitted, with warnings about removing it
its not available until next week

Does seem strange though that the picture shows a socket on the wall where the cable must go through the wall behind the box and hence you would have to remove the plug.
Old 10-11-2005, 23:53   #11
ScaredWebWarrior

Services: NTL Phone/Cable

Quote:
unless the waterproof box is attached to a lead with a 13amp plug on it that you then plug into another socket. It does say 3M interconnecting cable.
Which would be ok, I guess, but hardly an ideal way to do it - might as well run an extension from the house when you need it.
Old 13-11-2005, 00:30   #12
zoombini
Inactive

Services: I no longer receive cable services, I blame the inept accounts dept for that.
zoombini has reached the bronze age
zoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze age

That is completely wrong.

Have they not heard of the new (well this year) part P electrical regulations.

AFAIK Outside is also an area where an electrician IS needed.
zoombini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2005, 09:27   #13
Tuftus

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombini
That is completely wrong.

AFAIK Outside is also an area where an electrician IS needed.
Only if a new circuit is added, this would appear to be to all intent an extension cable.
Old 13-11-2005, 09:27   #14
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

I wouldn't risk the chance of it causing a fire and then the insurance peeps refusing to pay out as a result!
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2005, 09:37   #15
bob_a_builder
Inactive

bob_a_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_a_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_a_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_a_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_a_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_a_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_a_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_a_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_a_builder is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I have thats why I installed it in 2004
bob_a_builder is offline   Reply With Quote