Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] Problems in Nottingham

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] Problems in Nottingham

Old 16-10-2005, 18:26   #1
Swoopie
Inactive

Swoopie is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Net Issues - Nottingham

Anybody around nottingham (DE7 Area) having any issues? I've had some for 2 nights now, Thought it was just something random NTL are doing to start off with, But it's doing it again now...

Basicly, Things are just loosing connection for a slight second, E.G If I leave a ping going, I'll notice that I'll get "Request Timed Out" As well as Something disconnecting.

Another example: I Run a Anticheat Scanner, Which basically, Clients connect to it (Like a FTP server for example) And exchanges data... Some times there connection will drop from the scanner, And I'll see a request timed out If I have a ping request running.

I've checked connections, They all seem fine, It isn't just this PC Which does it also, It also happens on my other PC.

Downstream Receive Power Level : -6.80 dBmv
Downstream SNR : 28.67 dB
Upstream Transmit Power Level : 52.00 dBmv

I'm not quite sure what the problem could be? Peering issue or something?, It's really frustating

Thanks guys
Swoopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-10-2005, 20:20   #2
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Re: Net Issues - Nottingham

Have you tried NTL tech support? That D/S received power level looks a bit low.
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2005, 21:49   #3
Schwong
Inactive

Schwong is an unknown quantity at this point

Im in nottingham too, having unstable net at the moment, lots of ping spikes, packetloss and sometimes my connection times out/drops aswell, but only for a few seconds or minutes.
Schwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2005, 22:03   #4
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

Mine's fine.

nffc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2005, 23:21   #5
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Is it me or do nottingham seem to get quite a few BB problems?
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2005, 23:24   #6
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeph
It's you.

Problems (for me at least) are very rare.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2005, 23:52   #7
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M
Quote:
It's you.

Problems (for me at least) are very rare.
my default proxy server is nottingham - problems are rare for me, also
Old 17-10-2005, 00:06   #8
Swoopie
Inactive

Lucky lot - Still happening
Old 17-10-2005, 00:23   #9
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoopie
Lucky lot - Still happening
what do you get if you click the 'connection' link in the forum toolbar?

<edit> don't post the full IP - edit out the last octet
Old 17-10-2005, 01:29   #10
jtwn
Inactive

jtwn has reached the bronze age
jtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Yeah next to no problems with me too. Probably just seems so with so many customers are connected to there (judging by the amount of proxy servers/surrounding areas that go through there).
jtwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2005, 02:48   #11
Swoopie
Inactive

82.5.106.*
Old 17-10-2005, 09:17   #12
jrhnewark
cf.mega poster

jrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of society

Again, it's rare for me to have problems - three or four outages in over a year and a half isn't too bad.
jrhnewark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2005, 21:10   #13
Swoopie
Inactive

so far it's allright 2nyt .... , Let's see what later on brings :P
Old 17-10-2005, 21:33   #14
homealone

Quote:
so far it's allright 2nyt .... , Let's see what later on brings :P
good to hear, the 'connection' trace showed you are getting a 'proper' IP - hope it stays stable
Old 18-10-2005, 20:11   #15
parkie
Inactive

parkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Anybody around nottingham (DE7 Area) having any issues? I've had some for 2 nights now, Thought it was just something random NTL are doing to start off with, But it's doing it again now...

Basicly, Things are just loosing connection for a slight second, E.G If I leave a ping going, I'll notice that I'll get "Request Timed Out" As well as Something disconnecting.

Another example: I Run a Anticheat Scanner, Which basically, Clients connect to it (Like a FTP server for example) And exchanges data... Some times there connection will drop from the scanner, And I'll see a request timed out If I have a ping request running.

I've checked connections, They all seem fine, It isn't just this PC Which does it also, It also happens on my other PC.

Downstream Receive Power Level : -6.80 dBmv
Downstream SNR : 28.67 dB
Upstream Transmit Power Level : 52.00 dBmv

I'm not quite sure what the problem could be? Peering issue or something?, It's really frustating

Thanks guys
I've had a bit of trouble this last weekend, gaming was a pain with connection problems and surfing was slow at times, it seems better today though.

p
parkie is offline   Reply With Quote