Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] Orange PAYG

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] Orange PAYG

Old 01-10-2005, 18:03   #1
etccarmageddon
Inactive

etccarmageddon has a nice shiny star
etccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny star
[Merged] Orange PAYG

following on from last time:-

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...ghlight=orange

Orange now also offer the following extras:-

150 text messages to use within a week for £5

60 mins of calls to any network to use within a week for £5

120 mins of evening/weekend calls to any network to use within a week for £5

(I'm not sure how the week works - whether it's 7 days from the day you ask for it or what?)

so for £5*4.3 = £21.50 a month you can have 60 mins of calls to any network any time each week!

Next - Orange offer free calls to other orange users in the evenings (for the next 5 years) provided you top up by at least £10 a month! evenings is 7pm until midnight and I assume that means 7 days a week. To subscribe to this deal you text evening to 1133 or ring customer services. also see the Orange store magazine. the way it works is, if you dont top up by the £10 or more in a month then the following month you wont get your free calls.

(check the terms and conditions yourself before subscribing)
etccarmageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-10-2005, 20:37   #2
etccarmageddon
Inactive

etccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny star
Re: Orange PAYG amazing deals!

and there's more!

10 mins video calling on pay as you go to £5 (to be used within a week)

and the next thing is bizarre:-

the new technology "push to talk" which they call 'talk now'
http://www2.orange.co.uk/servlet/Sat...43838062&tab=2

20p for a 30 minute session on pay as you go or a min of 15p per min for pay monthly customers!

Evidence Orange are favouring PAYG customers more than pay monthly?

next... 15 mins of calls to any network to be used by midnight of the day you order it - £1.

more evidence Orange screw monthly customers -

monthly text packs:-

pay as you go 150 texts for £8 - pay monthly 120 for £8
pay as you go 400 texts for £12 - pay monthly 360 for £24
Old 09-10-2005, 20:56   #3
Pia
Inactive

Services: XL Phone XL BB V+ XL TV
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Pia

I'm on Orange and every month i put £15 on my phone..
this automatically gives me 3000 free evening and weekend texts.

With the £15 i buy a text extra for £8 which gives me my months daytime texts. (150 texts).

Then i buy an Orange World Extra for £4 which gives me £16 of WAP access to use within the month.

I don't call much as my phone is a bit broken so the other £3 is used on that or pic messages which suits me just fine!
Pia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 11:59   #4
etccarmageddon
Inactive

and heres more...

1 day on orange world (umlimited) - £1

10 photo messages to use in a week - £2

unlimited orange/landline calls for a weekend - £5

60 mins of orange/landline calls for a weekend - £2

150mins of calls to any mobile/landline for a weekend - £5
Old 10-10-2005, 17:36   #5
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

you think these deals are good?

the problem is they time limited so say if you wanted unlimited calls every weekend and 40 photo messages you would have to pay 4x5 and 4x2 so £28 a month plus whatever your weekday calls/text cost.

I am wary of offers such as this you would have to be using your mobile phone an aweful lot to make these good value for money. I just got 200 text messages for £12 on my phone, but there is no time limit so I expect with the amount I use them I got at least 6 months worth of text messages now.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 18:40   #6
etccarmageddon
Inactive

Orange are now offering 'free' text messages if you top up by £10 or more a month - 300 free for a £10 monthly top up and increasing to 1000 if you top up more.

Also 3G video calling - 30p a min to other orange users or 50p a min to other networks.... OR.... pay £5 for 10 mins of video calling to use within a week. Proof that Orange have lost the plot!!!
Old 01-11-2005, 18:47   #7
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze

Nothing good again about that offer, I currently got 200 text messages for £12 which I have no time limit to use a offer I am fairly happy with. This is with t-mobile.
Old 01-11-2005, 18:50   #8
etccarmageddon
Inactive

here's a link

http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/payasyougo/rewards
Old 01-11-2005, 18:52   #9
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

if there was no time limit's I would be impressed.
Old 01-11-2005, 22:57   #10
Pia
Inactive

Services: XL Phone XL BB V+ XL TV
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Pia

Hi everyone, was a while since i posted on this thread so i thought i'd update.
This is what i'm up to now as far as my mobile spendage goes!

Every month i put £15 on my phone, this means i automatically get 3000 free evening and weekend texts AND 600 free evening and weekend minutes- Orange to Orange.

Then i buy 50 texts for £4 for daytime use and try limit texting to after 7pm.
Then i get a £4 Orange World Extra which gives me pretty much all the WAP access i need for that month.

Leaving me with £7 to play with..... It's a fab offer.
Pia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 17:44   #11
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Umm so in all how much do you spend per month on your phone? and are you using all your free text and phone call minutes up?

I expect my £12 investment on text messages to last me minimum 6 months and the £5 credit I purchased for calls to last me 3 months.
Old 02-11-2005, 17:47   #12
etccarmageddon
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by etccarmageddon
Also 3G video calling - 30p a min to other orange users or 50p a min to other networks.... OR.... pay £5 for 10 mins of video calling to use within a week. Proof that Orange have lost the plot!!!
email response from orange:-
"I can confirm that this was an out dated offer that has now expired
please ignore it and accept out apologies for the error."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
I expect my £12 investment on text messages to last me minimum 6 months
I can beat that - about 5-6 years ago I invested £20 in orange 'out here' which has given me 5 free text messages per day since!
Old 02-11-2005, 18:23   #13
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

You guys spend an aweful lot on phone's if you think an offer that requires a £5 or £10 topup weekly is good.
Old 02-11-2005, 18:24   #14
Neil
Inactive

Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
I expect my £12 investment on text messages to last me minimum 6 months and the £5 credit I purchased for calls to last me 3 months.
That's because you have no friends!
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 18:26   #15
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

no I use my phoneline which cost me 5p an hour.

my mobile is for inbound calls and outbound use emergencies only.